PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Vu+solo really laggy and slow compared to vu+uno

ellblud
31-10-12, 18:33
Hi i have recently bought a vu+solo and updated it to the latest build of vix however it seems really remote laggy and takes 3mins to load up compared to my uno thats is about 20seconds is this normal?

cheers.

Larry-G
31-10-12, 18:38
I have never used a Vu+ Solo so i cant compare to my other receivers, but the solo does have less ram and a slower processor than the other models, it would be interesting to see what other users who have a solo and other boxes to compare the both say about this.

judge
31-10-12, 18:50
I don't have an uno to compare to but my solo is in no way laggy.
Might take a tiny bit longer than the duo to boot, but once booted, it's just as responsive.

puschi
01-11-12, 13:52
My solo takes 2 minutes to boot (very slow too). I'm not very happy about this, because with embedded linux it is possible to speed up the boottime.

Is there a way to speed up the boot procedure (by using a uncompressed image?). The are many articles (google: embedded linux boot time one second) about this thema.

I would be happy if there is a sollution.

Mr. Mister
01-11-12, 13:59
Hi i have recently bought a vu+solo and updated it to the latest build of vix however it seems really remote laggy and takes 3mins to load up compared to my uno thats is about 20seconds is this normal?
cheers.

What image do you have on your solo.. ??

Silent
01-11-12, 14:52
My dads Gigablue was exactly the same until I reflashed it. It came with VIX loaded from the sponsor.

I've also set up a Swapfile and scheduled a reboot every night (10 minutes before it goes in to standby) to help with the limited memory. Haven't had any problems since then.

pazza07
05-11-12, 10:14
Been using the solo for quite a bit now and i have never had any lag on the remote and as for the boot up time, so what ? switch it on and go and make a coffee, not much of an issue at all .

Rob van der Does
05-11-12, 11:09
What do you mean by 'load up'?
If you mean boot: there's no way an UNO boots within 20 seconds.

My solo takes 2 minutes to boot (very slow too). I'm not very happy about this, because with embedded linux it is possible to speed up the boottime.
Boot time is very much dependant on
1- the number (and kind of) plugins installed;
2- the number of channels & bouquets in your setup
3- the amount of EPG data you have collected during the previous run(s).
4- the use of a SWAP-file
Apart from those items, that you can influence by changing settings, there's no way to speed up booting.

The use of a SWAP-file in itself will slow down the box (a little bit), but can be necessary on low memory boxes to be able to use sufficient EPG-data.

If the time required for booting is really annoying you, you can take care that the box is in (normal) standby using a zap-timer or the powermanager.