PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me with my basic satellite receiving questions?

Hryser
30-10-12, 22:04
Hi, I am new in this furum and hope that somebody could help me with my very basic satellite questions which seem difficult to find answers to. We are almost done building our new home. Our area here in Colorado requires satellite reception. Over the past months I have been reading some articles about places where you can buy everything from the sat-dish to LNBs to multi-switches, etc. It all looks atractive however, it triggers my first question:
-Assuming that I would purchase and install all the satellite gear, where or with whom would I have to sign up to receive the various satellite channels (like DishNetwork or DirectTV)?
- When spending all the money to purchase all the hardware, may I assume that these companies offer a special (lower) monthly fee for receiving the signal? As opposed to signing up with DishNetwork or DirectTV for a longer term "package" where all the hardware is included in the fee.
- I would like to receive a rather basic set of channels (50 to 100) including high definition channels. What type of dish and what type of LNB (single or multiple LNB) would you recommend?
By the way, I have run two RG6 quad-shield coax cables from the place where the dish will be to a central location ("home-run" priciple).
- I this HD capable and appropriate?
I thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.

Larry-G
30-10-12, 22:39
To be honest we may not be able to help you as much as we would like as this is predominately a European based site, you may find a lot more help if you try a US based forum as they will be better able to help you.

somewhere like this.

http://www.satfix.net/forum.php

we will of course help as much as we can