PDA

View Full Version : Box not starting after freeze

GiP
30-10-12, 10:09
Hi,

yesterday vening my box froze while I was watching, which is unusual, I restarted it but instead of the usual "Starting" there was just the red dot in the upper left corner of the display....

I tried to leave it off for a while(even all night), I removed all USBs and cards and disconnected the HD but nothing changed, is there anything else I can try or it's gone for good?

G

psionguy
01-11-12, 13:10
Hi,

yesterday vening my box froze while I was watching, which is unusual, I restarted it but instead of the usual "Starting" there was just the red dot in the upper left corner of the display....

I tried to leave it off for a while(even all night), I removed all USBs and cards and disconnected the HD but nothing changed, is there anything else I can try or it's gone for good?

G

Have you tried doing a re-flash using the USB flash drive method, this normally solves most problems?

GiP
01-11-12, 15:21
Have you tried doing a re-flash using the USB flash drive method, this normally solves most problems?

The box doesn't do anything, no attempt to load or start, just sits there with the red dot. I tried both the loader and the image but nothing happens. But I have seen in another thread that replacing a capacitor fixed the problem in some cases so I am doing that (well, not me, I haven't neither the tools nor the ability..) I'll know tomorrow if it worked....

G

psionguy
02-11-12, 11:42
The box doesn't do anything, no attempt to load or start, just sits there with the red dot. I tried both the loader and the image but nothing happens. But I have seen in another thread that replacing a capacitor fixed the problem in some cases so I am doing that (well, not me, I haven't neither the tools nor the ability..) I'll know tomorrow if it worked....

G

I have not tried it but there is also a way to connect via serial cable, sure the information is in the forum somewhere, will have a look for you.

psionguy
02-11-12, 11:45
Here you go, there is a pdf file download on this link:-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?19-How-to-flash-your-VU-Duo-with-RS232-and-LAN

Also look at:-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9612-Flash-Tool-vu-util_v2-0-1

GiP
06-11-12, 18:59
It's alive! it's ALIVE!

After the capacitor transplant it regained consciousness and it's again working as if nothing happened, well that's what is doing now, let's hope it lasts. I'll plan for a replacement but in the meantime I don't have to deal with my old Vantage 8000. Boy! was that a pain after VIX.

Actually I had a crash but this is for another thread...

G