PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] CrossEPG on VIX image

t.ph
12-09-10, 12:21
Anyone got CrossEPG to work or are modifications needed?

I have manged to load/unpack & download data but cant actualy get to the CrossEPG screen!
I cant put up with CoolEPG any longer as it just takes too long to load (with or without picons) but mainly due to the awful colour scheme.

basilyoung
12-09-10, 12:43
obviously you have done a manuel install

This is a new image, that appears not to surport CrossEPG via the downloadable plugins, at the moment, I would steer clear of unsurported plugins, or change image, unless you are able to resolve the issues yourself

but if you do get it sorted, please post a "how too"

baz

guff daddy
12-09-10, 12:45
Anyone got CrossEPG to work or are modifications needed?

I have manged to load/unpack & download data but cant actualy get to the CrossEPG screen!
I cant put up with CoolEPG any longer as it just takes too long to load (with or without picons) but mainly due to the awful colour scheme.

Yes, working fine for me with 28.2E EPG - make sure you use the crossepg-enigma2_0.4.7-svn-56_mipsel.ipk version.

The CrossEPG in the plugins list just downloads the date - to configure you need to go to Menu/Setup/CrossEPG

t.ph
12-09-10, 12:55
I have that version and have configured it ok but cant view the CrossEPG screen! How do i bring that up?

guff daddy
12-09-10, 13:08
Presuming you have configured correctly and downloaded the epg data, to view the EPG data just press the EPG button - should have 7 days EPG listed.

t.ph
12-09-10, 13:17
All im getting is the CoolEPG screen coming up. I have sucessfully dowloaded 28.2 data. The settings all seem correct as i have used this in the past so not totally alien to the setup but not used on the VU+ before.
Is there any setting that makes this the default?

guff daddy
12-09-10, 13:29
All im getting is the CoolEPG screen coming up. I have sucessfully dowloaded 28.2 data. The settings all seem correct as i have used this in the past so not totally alien to the setup but not used on the VU+ before.
Is there any setting that makes this the default?

The CrossEPG plugin is all about getting the EPG data, not displaying it. Installing it won't affect the Cool EPG at all. There is an alternative to Cool EPG (called Graphical Multimedia EPG) but it is similar to Cool EPG but without the same functionality.

By any chance, have you used CrossEPG on the IPBox/Cuberevo platform? That version (for SH4) included a seperate EPG display screen (very nice it was too, with series link/autotimer functionality built in). However it isn't included in the Dreambox/VU+ version.

t.ph
12-09-10, 13:37
Right i'm with you and YES i used to use it on my IPBox and that is what i'm thinking about with it's own GUI. Thanks mate, so it looks like i will have to just stick with this CoolEPG and it's garish colours for the time being until it's skinable.

guff daddy
12-09-10, 13:42
The CrossEPG display was the best thing about the IPBox - that was a horrible piece of kit iirc.

t.ph
12-09-10, 13:51
Your not wrong there buddy it was a nightmare piece of kit, but CrossEPG was good on it as i used it with the presidio black skin and it looked brilliant.

andyblac
21-09-10, 19:27
i have a beta of CrossEPG 0.69, that i tweaked, i might release in 1.1 of my image

nikefreak4eva
22-09-10, 20:47
hi mate when i press EPG i get the channels listed one side but no epg i have been into Menu/setup/vu HD+/epg setup/ BLUE BUTTON Sources tryed satmate sky UK + rytec uk xmltx

but it still wont put EPG on my tv really lost with this can anyone help me tweak the box its running on Vix Team image...

andyblac
22-09-10, 23:52
hi mate when i press EPG i get the channels listed one side but no epg i have been into Menu/setup/vu HD+/epg setup/ BLUE BUTTON Sources tryed satmate sky UK + rytec uk xmltx

but it still wont put EPG on my tv really lost with this can anyone help me tweak the box its running on Vix Team image...

after you setup using blue button did you press YELLOW for manual download ?.

and DON'T use both, it is either or

nikefreak4eva
25-09-10, 15:27
i pressed the source button Blue X next to rytec then Green = OK then Exit.... Yelllow is manual...what can i do my box keeps frezzing its not the server i have check with the guys..

andyblac
26-09-10, 01:26
i pressed the source button Blue X next to rytec then Green = OK then Exit.... Yelllow is manual...what can i do my box keeps frezzing its not the server i have check with the guys..

make sure your network connection is ok, by using the Check Network in the SETUP --> SYSTEM --> NETWORK

nikefreak4eva
26-09-10, 14:24
ok this is how i fix this isue i deleted EPGSearch Plugin on the Vu Duo Box

Menu + Plugin Browser
High light Epg plugin
RED BUTTON

then down load Green Button Downlod

EPGSearch

Exit out then Turn Box off turn back on then Working!!!!

andyblac
26-09-10, 17:06
ok this is how i fix this isue i deleted EPGSearch Plugin on the Vu Duo Box

Menu + Plugin Browser
High light Epg plugin
RED BUTTON

then down load Green Button Downlod

EPGSearch

Exit out then Turn Box off turn back on then Working!!!!

that has nothing to do with the EPG import or Crossepg plugins

nikefreak4eva
26-09-10, 23:16
stoped my box frezzing Boss!

DrProzac
28-09-10, 14:41
What is 28.4E? On the Cross EPG?
Is this an altenative to 28.2E depending on how your moto is set?

andyblac
28-09-10, 14:43
What is 28.4E? On the Cross EPG?
Is this an altenative to 28.2E depending on how your moto is set?

yes, it is

spacemonkey
04-12-10, 16:18
Edit these files in /usr/share/enigma2/Vu_HD_plus/CoolTVGuide
CoolTVGuide_Normal.xml
CoolTVGuide_PictureInGraphics.xml

Add the line
<widget name="date" position="1055,85" size="180,30" font="Semibold;20" halign="right" foregroundColor="foreground" backgroundColor="window-fg" transparent="1" />

supathug
05-12-10, 14:44
Hi Guys,

Im on VIX 1.2. I was using crossepg with an OpenTV source on 28.2 until earlier this week when it stoped displaying altogether. I then unselected openTV and changed to a Rytec UK source. It didnt display right away but the next morning stuff was in the EPG. Problem is the programs dont seem to match up with whats on at the time anymore. I've checked and its showing stuff from the day before e.g. right now its 13:39 and its showing Saturday's stuff (some program about Freddie Flintoff) on BBC1 rather than Cash in the celebrity Attic which is on now. The DUO is set to the correct date and time. Any ideas how to make it show the correct info?