PDA

View Full Version : VIX image - flash backup

guff daddy
12-09-10, 12:07
Hi

I'm unable so far to create a complete backup of my flash - I installed the plugin as mentioned in this thread http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?14-How-create-a-backup-of-your-VU-Plus-Duo-image but it won't install. I tried the Dream Elite script mentioned and it appeared to work fine however I went to restore the backup this morning (having screwed up the image installing the VTI panel!) and the backup wouldn't restore properly. It appeared to flash ok but when I restarted the LED screen shows "Starting..." then "VU+ Duo" and nothing else.

Any ideas on how best to backup this image? I'm now going to install again from scratch but would prefer not to have to do this every time...

pooface
12-09-10, 12:11
Use the file here, and extract the media/xxx to your usb or hdd, and extract the contents of /usr/script to your usr/script folder. Shouldn't need to bother with the uninstall folder, as it won't be used.

Change the permissions to 755 for all files/folders extracted, and then manually start the backup by typing /usr/script/Image_Backup_XXX.sh

guff daddy
12-09-10, 12:36
Use the file here, and extract the media/xxx to your usb or hdd, and extract the contents of /usr/script to your usr/script folder. Shouldn't need to bother with the uninstall folder, as it won't be used.

Change the permissions to 755 for all files/folders extracted, and then manually start the backup by typing /usr/script/Image_Backup_XXX.sh

Thats the Dream Elite script you mentioned in the other thread, isn't it? Have you tried it on VIX? As I said in the original post, I already tried it and it didn't work for me - the restore didn't work. If you can confirm it works, I'll try it again...

grtmoby
12-09-10, 12:47
i confirm it works backed up and flashed it later while doing some tests.

make sure all files are in place with the correct chmod carried out

guff daddy
12-09-10, 12:51
Cheers - I'll give it another go.
Do you know of any handy plugin to run scripts from the TV rather than use telnet?

guff daddy
12-09-10, 12:52
Oh, as well, just to point out:

2 x mods on duty at lunchtime on a Sunday - the support here is legendary and much appreciated!

guff daddy
12-09-10, 13:57
Just to update, I reinstalled VIX and installed the VTI Panel. The VTI Image Backup worked fine once I had copied the mkfs.jffs2 file to usr/bin and chmodded to 755.

No doubt the DE script works as well but as it screwed up on me once I don't trust it.

andyblac
13-09-10, 10:19
Just to update, I reinstalled VIX and installed the VTI Panel. The VTI Image Backup worked fine once I had copied the mkfs.jffs2 file to usr/bin and chmodded to 755.

No doubt the DE script works as well but as it screwed up on me once I don't trust it.

i would recommend NOT using VTI panel, as it will cause you problems and green screens, just wait for v1.1 of my image, it has a Image Manager, that allows you to 'Manage" your backup images

guff daddy
13-09-10, 10:34
Look forward to that.