PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Server.

jmd
28-10-12, 16:05
Is the server tuner which is part of the blackhole image available for download anywhere to install on a vix image?

I've been scouring google but no luck.

Larry-G
29-10-12, 13:24
Is the server tuner which is part of the blackhole image available for download anywhere to install on a vix image?

I've been scouring google but no luck.

At present I believe the tuner server feature only to be available via the BH images. If they ever decide to port it over to their Pli based BP image it could be possible to use it with other pli bases images.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rossi2000
29-10-12, 13:37
the tuner server works on vix aswell.
ive been using it for a while to stream the box to my laptop.

i think it merely creates a virtual channelist on your hdd so as long as you have a device that can connect to your box it should be ok.

i dont use Tuner Server much anymore but i'll upload it tonight if u want.

i uploaded one on here a while back, but i also edited it for vix so it appears in the network settings with the other options like samba and nfs.

rossi2000
29-10-12, 21:17
attached TunerServer

place in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins (i think that path is correct, cant remember atm heh)

you will find it in Network settings.

jmd
29-10-12, 22:07
Thanks mate, will give it a go.

judge
29-10-12, 22:09
What does the plugin do?

s1m0nw
29-10-12, 22:18
lets you view bouquets channels on another box without the need of a sat feed only the internet

judge
29-10-12, 22:19
Ah, see now, creates .m3u files for all the bouquets & channels in them.

Larry-G
29-10-12, 22:27
lets you view bouquets channels on another box without the need of a sat feed only the internet

Thats pretty much exactly what remotestreamconvert does which is already in the ViX feeds, This plugin differs in that i believe it allows you to stream those channels to other devices such as a ps3 not just STB's as the remotestreamconvert plugin does.

judge
29-10-12, 22:51
Thats pretty much exactly what remotestreamconvert does which is already in the ViX feeds, This plugin differs in that i believe it allows you to stream those channels to other devices such as a ps3 not just STB's as the remotestreamconvert plugin does.

Just tried it pheonix, does work like remotestreamconvert, but so far seems handy for other reasons too.
It creates folders of each of your bouquets & then creates .m3u files in them with channels nicely named.
Only tested on ubuntu, but extremely handy for adding channel play lists to media players on it.

Rob, any chance of creating an IPK for the feeds?

Larry-G
29-10-12, 22:59
yes it's been a big hit on the BH images since it was first launched, i honestly did not know it had since been ported to the Pli based images from BH, as i said it's pretty much the same as RSC but unlike RSC it can stream channels to other none Pli images and devices.

Rob van der Does
29-10-12, 23:09
I will have a look at it. But please explain in a bit more detail what exactly it does, and what the advantage is over the Remote Stream convertor (it'll be me, but I don't get it).

The RSC creates bouquets; you can 'zap' to channels as if it was the tuner in the box itself, but it results in streaming the channel from the serverbox.

And this plugin does.......??

judge
29-10-12, 23:18
Rob, not sure about other OSs, but using this I can add the folders it creates (bouquets) as playlists (channels) to my media player, all named perfectly as they are in the original bouquet.

Easy way of streaming to my lappy, no idea about xbox or any other devices...

The screens might need to be skinned though as they contain a lot of text & are slightly hard to read.

Rob van der Does
29-10-12, 23:29
Well, skinning is the very least problem: I can't get the plugin to work. The file is being compiled, but nothing shows up, so I have no idea how to use it.
This is the case as Extension and as Syetem-plugin.

judge
29-10-12, 23:33
Yeah, agree, skinning is the last thing to be done, if even it needs it.
Works perfectly for me, added it to Extension.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Tuner Server Setup

Rob van der Does
29-10-12, 23:40
Ahhh, indeed, didn't look there.......

judge
29-10-12, 23:43
Ahhh, indeed, didn't look there.......

yeah, it's not the most obvious place or indeed plugin name...
but works well.

Rob van der Does
29-10-12, 23:48
OK, got it working now.
But I still don't see the advantage over other way's of streaming. There's no (real) difference, is there?

Larry-G
29-10-12, 23:50
This might help you rob, here is the original write up by the BH team from their image release thread from when this plugin was first introduced.

1) New New New Tuner Server feature working on lan, wan and DLNA

2) Dvb-App updated to: 20120120
3) Vu+ drivers updated to: 20120118
4) New Plugin Vuplus Event (substitute VU+ genuine)
5) Meoboot 1.0
3) Mute button fixed
4) Army MooD skin updated
5) Black Hole Mount Wizard removed
6) Network browser and mount manager included in Bh extra settings
7) Nfs Server now fully auto-configured and is up and running by default
8) Wifi drivers changes:
- removed rt2800 driver and replaced with RT3070

9) Usb Tuners drivers changes:
- USBTuner 0.3.8: more stable, some bugfixes, no hard disk usage

- replaced A867 driver with AF9035

About new feature Tuner Server:
This feature will allow you to share the tuners of this box with another Vu+ box, a PC, a Ps3 and/or a compatible UPnP device in your home network.
The server will build a virtual channels list in the folder /media/hdd/tuner on this box.
You can access the tuner(s) of this box from clients on your internal lan using nfs, cifs, UPnP or any other network mountpoint.
The tuner of the server (this box) has to be avaliable. This means that if you have ony one tuner in your box you can only stream the channel you are viewing (or any channel you choose if your box is in standby).
Remember to select the correct Audio track in the audio menu if there is no audio or the wrong language is streaming.
NOTE: The sever is built, based on your current ip and the current channel list of this box. If you change your ip or your channel list is updated, you will need to rebuild the server database.

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.vuplus-community.net/board/attachments/1-jpg.6299/
http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.vuplus-community.net/board/attachments/2-jpg.6300/

After the server has been built you can access it from the Media Player of the client.

1) To connect via lan you have to mount the /media/hdd folder of this box in the client /media/hdd folder. Then you can access the tuners server channel list from the client Media player -> Harddisk -> tuner.
2) To connect via UPnP you have to start Mediatomb on this box and then start Djmount on the client. Then you can access the tuners server channel list for the client Media Player -> DLNA -> MediaTomb -> playlists.
You can access via the client Media Player, the channel list on the server:

http://1.2.3.11/bmi/www.vuplus-community.net/board/attachments/3-jpg.6301/

Warning: because UPnP Mediatomb uses alot of system resources it is STRONGLY suggested you connect to the Tuner server via Lan and not via UPnP.

NOTE about UPnP: Because UPnP requires alot of memory, you should only use it if you need to access your box from a PS3 or other device that cannot be mounted via Lan. Also, After the server has been built we strongly suggest you delete the Bouquets directory that are not really needed BEFORE you start Mediatomb. This will save alot of memory and resources..
If you want to use UPnP remember that Mediatomb will take some time to import all the channels in the database. Connect to the Mediatomb webif to follow the importing progress when you start Mediatomb for the first time.
To share your Vu+ box hdd in the easiest way possible, the Black Hole mount wizard has been removed and substituted with the default network wizard and mount manager.
The Nfs Panel has also changed. Now you won't need to provide complicated Nfs settings to activate client and server on your boxes. The NFS server is now fully auto-configured and enabled by default and you can use it like cifs and samba to simply mount the device.

http://1.2.3.9/bmi/www.vuplus-community.net/board/attachments/4-jpg.6302/

The Server Tuner Feature have been tested and reported working with

VU+ server -> Vu+ client on Lan
VU+ server -> Vu+ client on DLNA
VU+ server -> Ps3 client on DLNA
Vu+ server -> Pc client lan
Vu+ server -> Pc client DLNA
NOT working with TV DLNA systems
Many Thanks to Piefav for Ps3 testing

judge
29-10-12, 23:55
OK, got it working now.
But I still don't see the advantage over other way's of streaming. There's no (real) difference, is there?

Major difference for me Rob is dragging a folder (bouquet) on my mounted drive to my media player creates playlists for all the channels in that bouquet in a second, and all named as their channel names.
I'm sure there are many other ways for doing this, but this way works extremely well & fast.

Rob van der Does
29-10-12, 23:57
OK, I can't (yet??) see any advantages, but if people think there are I'll build an ipk and add it to the 3rd party feeds. After all it seems to be working without any problems.

judge
30-10-12, 00:00
rossi2000, do you have permission to distribute your version? is it fully opensource?

Larry-G
30-10-12, 00:02
rossi2000, do you have permission to distribute your version? is it fully opensource?

now that is actually a good question, as i said this was originally created for the BH image i'll ask one of their guys and see what they say.

judge
30-10-12, 00:11
now that is actually a good question, as i said this was originally created for the BH image i'll ask one of their guys and see what they say.

Hoping it is. Like Rob, on first use, I couldn't see any advantages.
The drag & drop to Ubuntu for creating playlists is perfect, no idea how this works on other devices though.

Larry-G
30-10-12, 00:13
Hoping it is. Like Rob, on first use, I couldn't see any advantages.
The drag & drop to Ubuntu for creating playlists is perfect, no idea how this works on other devices though.

we will know soon enough, I have asked Ev0 to have a look over this thread as he is a senior member of the BH image team and a admin on their forum.

Rahat786786
30-10-12, 00:31
Would I be able to stream to a device like a PS3 or Xbox 360? If so, how?

Larry-G
30-10-12, 00:32
ok guys crisis averted.

as Ev0 pointed out this is a open source plugin as can be seen here

https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-BhTunerServer

so i would like to thank the BH team for this plugin.

judge
30-10-12, 00:35
Would I be able to stream to a device like a PS3 or Xbox 360? If so, how?

any device that is capable of streaming m3u should work, i'd presume?

Ev0
30-10-12, 00:36
You can stream to a PS3, as I have done this myself (although it was a while ago now, so I can't remember the exact process but instuctions are given in the plugin itself of how to use).

iirc I couldn't get my xb360 to work though.

Rahat786786
30-10-12, 00:37
i tried with my ps3 and couldn't get it to detect the vu+ duo. Do i need to enable anything like nfs or minidlna? Also, it said something about mediatomb which I didn't understand.

rossi2000
30-10-12, 09:58
yes use at your pleasure
it is opensourced as you can see, but i still left the meo credits in the python.py.

i just edited it some for vix image and my needs.

it would be nice if it could be skinned for vix :) i can compare the modifed one to the original and hopefully skin any future things myself.

Trial
30-10-12, 10:23
Hi,
I think in addition you need an uPnP-Server like mediatomb then these m3u“s are distributed over uPnP and it is possible that some mediaplayer or TV sets are able to watch using an uPnP client. This is the difference to the remote stream converter.

ciao

discuit
30-10-12, 11:19
Anyone tried this on Apple TV2 through XBMC?

twol
30-10-12, 14:02
This is just I have been looking for; I have been setting up my own mmu's via the WEBif on the hard disk, so that I can stream through my Dune media player to my Plasma... this does all the work for me in keeping with my Bouquets, so I can pick up any of my UK or German stations easily.

Just great :)

Larry-G
30-10-12, 14:20
Just to let you guys know, andy blac had a hour and a half spare and had a look at this plugin, the results as follows should make it a little more ViX friendly and less hungry for system resources.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commit/31164b6ac6451eb73295c52c5837cb26a8eb024a

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/991a31f06dcc2879188268059ea7ce25b24d759c

rossi2000
30-10-12, 14:27
good stuff, :)
he can do it andy!

any chance someone can skin this for vix?

BillyM68
30-10-12, 14:48
Following this with interest as I'm trying to find a way of streaming my Vu+ Duo with latest VIX image to my PS3.
Only way I've found, is to stream to the laptop and connect to the Duo via webif. Connect the lappy to the TV via HDMI. Works, but picture is not perfect. Just about to try some better HDMI and cat6 leads to see if there's any improvement.

So, trying to get this tuner service working will save a lot of setting up and cabling hassles....lol....
I've ftp'd the 3 files in the zip to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins but it doesn't show in Menu - Setup - System - Network - unfortunately. Rebooted enigma as well but to no avail.
Any ideas as to why please ?

rossi2000
30-10-12, 14:51
you ftp the folder which includes the files.

BillyM68
30-10-12, 14:57
you ftp the folder which includes the files.

Nice one mate. I had moved the files over without being in the folder. Many thanks.
Off to experiment now........

twol
30-10-12, 15:08
Just to let you guys know, andy blac had a hour and a half spare and had a look at this plugin, the results as follows should make it a little more ViX friendly and less hungry for system resources.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/enigma2-plugins/commit/31164b6ac6451eb73295c52c5837cb26a8eb024a

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/commit/991a31f06dcc2879188268059ea7ce25b24d759c

Sorry, here I am probably being an idiot but does this mean it will become a downloadable plugin, or is there something on the above pages where we can download Andy's changes??

Larry-G
30-10-12, 15:37
Sorry, here I am probably being an idiot but does this mean it will become a downloadable plugin, or is there something on the above pages where we can download Andy's changes??

yes rob will be including it in the thirdparty feeds available from the image.

Rob van der Does
30-10-12, 22:48
any chance someone can skin this for vix?
Yep: we have a habit of skinning many plugins. Will have a look soon.

Rahat786786
31-10-12, 01:13
I have installed mediatomb to stream to my PS3 but cannot locate mediatomb on vix.

s31teg
31-10-12, 22:44
has anyone got this working with a PS3 yet?

judge
31-10-12, 23:22
VIX'd in the next build, thanks Rob.

mickyblueys
31-10-12, 23:50
VIX'd in the next build, thanks Rob.

Couple of questions?
Is it possible to add an auto update feature to this plugin?...as I run auto bouquets. So I'm guessing when that updates weekly,I will have to manually update my tuner server list also. If I'm understanding this correctly.

Also has anybody had any success in getting mediatomb plugin started correctly in conjunction with tuner server?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

discuit
01-11-12, 12:03
So this is live in the plugins section now?

s31teg
01-11-12, 12:15
So this is live in the plugins section now?

i think this will be embedded into the vix image on the next update, keep an eye for that flashing icon!

Larry-G
01-11-12, 13:03
it wont be built into the image but will be available as a plugin to those who want to use it.

menu> plugins> green to download> extensions> tunerserver.

s31teg
01-11-12, 15:50
ill post up if i can get working with a ps3

Rahat786786
01-11-12, 16:36
ill post up if i can get working with a ps3

Thanks, I tried but couldn't get it working.

mickyblueys
01-11-12, 17:01
Which tuner server do you download from feeds? As there are options of extensions, extentions and tuner server locale itself. It comes up with a message about plugin unavailable in the extentions/tuner server (no module named......)

rossi2000
01-11-12, 17:14
i think thats a problem in the git
its got the wrong location in the py file or the makefile i cant remember now

cosie
01-11-12, 18:10
I get no module named after installing tunnerserver

s31teg
01-11-12, 19:48
yeah i get this as well

ive looked threw the thread and cant find where you would get this file

mickyblueys
01-11-12, 20:21
yeah i get this as well

ive looked threw the thread and cant find where you would get this file

I'm not pointing fingers but I think something may have went wrong when it was placed on the feeds

s31teg
01-11-12, 20:37
ok so ive got it installed from post4

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22543-Tuner-Server&p=168174&viewfull=1#post168174

its built the list just trying to work out best way to view this on ps3

mickyblueys
01-11-12, 20:49
ok so ive got it installed from post4

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22543-Tuner-Server&p=168174&viewfull=1#post168174

its built the list just trying to work out best way to view this on ps3

Is this the version Andyblac modified or not??

I would prefer to use that version.

Stanman
01-11-12, 20:49
If you update the image to the latest version it will be in the feed

mickyblueys
01-11-12, 20:53

I'm on the latest version...and it's the one in the feed which is some how not working......as I said in an earlier post there is more than one in the feeds, I can't get either to work........

s31teg
01-11-12, 21:00

yeah there is three versions

extentions -
tunerserver
tunerserver-src

tunerserver-
locale

ive just tried installing the locale one but it does not appear anywhere

s1m0nw
01-11-12, 21:06
pick the tunerserver one

cosie
01-11-12, 21:06
I did install that one it doesn't appear anywhere on my duo

s31teg
01-11-12, 21:17
right

i have attached the folder you need to put in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

this is the latest version that Andyblac modified

20610 << download

mickyblueys
01-11-12, 21:22
right

i have attached the folder you need to put in

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

this is the latest version that Andyblac modified

20610 << download

Cheers mate, I'll have a butchers at it tomorrow, away to work now on night shift:mad:

By any chance do you know how to get mediatomb to work?

s31teg
01-11-12, 21:30
im trying to sort mediatomb as i cant get the .m3u files to show using miniDLNA which i though it would

Rob van der Does
01-11-12, 21:43
yeah there is three versions
extentions -
tunerserver
tunerserver-src
tunerserver-
locale
ive just tried installing the locale one but it does not appear anywhere

pick the tunerserver one
Correct.
There's indeed a mishap on the feeds.

I did install that one it doesn't appear anywhere on my duo
It does: look under 'Network'.

s31teg
01-11-12, 21:50
@rob any from the feeds dont seems to work :confused:

also now im working on mediatomb from the feeds it seems like its configured for a gigablue

im trying to work threw it to get access to it on port 49152

here is some info from the mediatomb config

<ui enabled="yes" show-tooltips="yes"> <accounts enabled="no" session-timeout="30">
<account user="mediatomb" password="mediatomb"/>
</accounts>
</ui>
<name>MediaTomb@GigaBlue</name>
<port>49152</port>
<udn>uuid:6224c7d5-03b4-40a9-9805-2f58f84ee23f</udn>
<home>/hdd/mediatomb</home>
<webroot>/usr/share/mediatomb/web</webroot>
<storage>
<sqlite3 enabled="yes">
<database-file>mediatomb.db</database-file>
</sqlite3>
</storage>
<protocolInfo extend="yes"/>

Rahat786786
01-11-12, 22:14
I am also trying to get access to web config to get it to work for PS3.

s31teg
01-11-12, 22:21
im busy looking threw this documentation for it

http://mediatomb.cc/pages/documentation#id2855498

see if someone can find the solution before me!

cosie
03-11-12, 09:01
Correct.
There's indeed a mishap on the feeds.

It does: look under 'Network'.

That's the first place I looked after a restart,I will remove the plugin and install agan:)

discuit
03-11-12, 13:28
My XBMC can't seem to find the UPNP Server on the Vix.

cosie
03-11-12, 16:50
Plugin shows in network after installing the file posted above thanks:)

dragoscevero
29-07-13, 12:09
Any news about this plugin and mediatomb if are they able to stream correctly over uPnP? Does it work on PS3?

Thanks!

dmm1000
23-10-13, 11:21
hi folks just going to resurrect this thread a wee bit - newbie Solo owner here so please excuse :)
does anyone know how to set up tuner server for DLNA / xbox / ps3 / pc
SOMEONE must have got this working - mods / admins / developers ?

Snippets of experiences are fine - how about if someone can provide a step by step proven guide for the tuner server - it'd be great - written once that would help everyone here

I myself am frustrated as there is no help on the Black Hole forum and i made one post there with no response
if someone can provide a decent guide on Vix that'll be my image of choice - undecided between the 2 purely because of tuner server setup guide issue - this is fabulous technology that takes a huge amount of effort - I realise that - it would be a pity though if people cannot use it due to lack of knowledge / guides :confused:

Someone / Anyone ?

s31teg
23-10-13, 19:15
I have got as far as got the folders tuner server makes shown on the ps3 but no m3u files.

All info is in this topic but i don't have a great deal of spare time at the moment with Christmas coming up

mickyblueys
23-10-13, 19:44
I got to the same point as s31teg, couldn't get ps3 to see the m3u files.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

dmm1000
24-10-13, 00:05
thanks folks
another forum suggested to use Webif facility (box ip in web browser)- but thats been established for quite a while - I am really curious about this tuner server and want to see how it performs more than anything - there was a lot of development time spent on it i'm sure - so we would like to be able to use all of its features - especially when we invest time (and money) on very good product

75mak
31-01-14, 23:12
thanks folks
another forum suggested to use Webif facility (box ip in web browser)- but thats been established for quite a while - I am really curious about this tuner server and want to see how it performs more than anything - there was a lot of development time spent on it i'm sure - so we would like to be able to use all of its features - especially when we invest time (and money) on very good product

Anyone got a link to a simple tutorial to get ps3 to see bouquets from vu+ receiver running vix image?

I like the vix image best but can't get mediatomb or tunerserver to appear anywhere on plugin/extensions. I install them from the vix feed, but then can't configure them as they don't appear anywhere.

Ushare shows up on ps3, but files on hdd/movie appear as unsupported. Ideally i would want bouquets to appear on ps3

tim132
04-12-15, 10:09
Well I managed to get the bouquets to show up and play simply by using Movian/showtime media player on the ps3. From the media player home screen select 'plugins'. Install Enigma2 plugin and run. It says something about adding ip to the list, from this page press triangle and enter the vu+ ip address (with the http://) and voilą! You should be able to stream all the channels from a full set of bouquets!! No need for any plugins on the vu+ side.

Time for me to try ushare because I haven't been able to stream my recordings so far.

Edit: I forgot to mention, you need to be on a cfw to use Movian/Showtime.

holmesju
12-09-16, 15:21
sorry posted in wrong place