PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] New Gigablue Quad ViX OE3.0 Release

Maxwell
27-10-12, 20:18
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&d=1348908188
Brand New VIX Image HD QUAD

28/10/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.390
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20524&d=1351365333
From VIX Team

GB Kernel Version: 2.6.37
GB Drivers: 19-10-2012

Vix Team is proud to present
an all new full featured Vix image for the
GigaBlue HD QUAD

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (19/10/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
Ocram for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatible.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Known driver bugs (could be others): -

Volume control is not functioning correctly when using Optical SPDIF output, volume needs to be controlled via amp. HDMI audio volume control is fine.
You may find the menu's go hazy when using 1080i after a reboot. To correct switch A/V settings to 720p and save, then switch back to 1080i/P and save.
Multiple encrypted recordings not functioning.

Downloads

Stable release download HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22539-New-Gigablue-Quad-ViX-OE3-0-Release)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds (Beta's) HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD-QUAD/)

Sicilian
28-10-12, 15:34
Please post feedback here.

Enjoy guys :)

marty
28-10-12, 16:30
So far so good :thumbsup:
One small problem for me

•You may find the menu's go hazy when using 1080i after a reboot. To correct switch A/V settings to 720p and save, then switch back to 1080i/P and save.

That does not work for me :( OpenMips and AFF both had the same problem and switching resolution DID work but not so on VIX (for me)

Sicilian
28-10-12, 16:33
So far so good :thumbsup:
One small problem for me

That does not work for me :( OpenMips and AFF both had the same problem and switching resolution DID work but not so on VIX (for me)

Try this, reboot 1st. Then switch to 720p and save settings. Then switch to 1080i and save settings.

marty
28-10-12, 16:44
Cheers M8, seems to have works.
Big thanks to the VIX team :thumbsup::cool:
Now I have my Quad setup just like my Duo was (but faster :p )
Once the recording problem is fixed this will be the best of the best for receivers :tea:

marty
28-10-12, 17:14
Can anyone tell me if their "HISTORY" button on the remote works? :)

Redrooster
28-10-12, 18:06
Hi,
Loaded up very fast, looks a treat:thumbsup:
Picture quality is superb through HDMI both on my 50" HD Panny plasma and my HD Panny projector onto a 90" screen:)

Being new to all this my first impressions are very good, just need to learn and build onto what looks like a great Vix image.

Thanks to all for your efforts and support elsewhere on the forum to get me this far.

Cheers guys:thumbsup:

marty
29-10-12, 04:06
Shouldn't this thread be a sticky?

OldSkulRide
29-10-12, 12:50
So guys, what do you think. Is it worth buying QUAD if you or i currently have DUO?

Mr. Mister
29-10-12, 13:16
I would say Yes.. Its defo worth it to buy the Quad..

But.. You must bare in mind.. This is a brand new box.. and its not without its problems at the moment..

But.. Also.. as we can see.. The Gigablue drivers team are working hard to improve the situation.. and have done a good job so far..

marty
29-10-12, 14:52
I flogged my duo to pay for the quad :)

mauri
29-10-12, 21:49
Now downloading and installing in a few minutes. I have my new Quad on OpenMips - not a 'bad' image but as smooth as VIX.
I can not wait for the VIX HD night skin (all those 1 click of a button-commands are a sweet!)

Question (out of curiosity): why is OpenVix 3.0 roughly half the size of the OpenMips?

Thank you guys!

On a side note; I am using the 2 TB HDD that I had on my Duo. Since it is 3.5" obviously it does not fit inside the GB box. :( I had to buy and Sata/usb adapter for 20 Euros - not I have all my recordings conveniently hidden in the shelf - actually it does not feel at all that I changed the receiver - except the SUPER FAST channel/menu switching. ;)

Stanman
29-10-12, 22:03
Bigger image possiably more plugins added?

Larry-G
29-10-12, 22:42
our image is so small because we continually strive to make it a user friendly as possible, while still retaining stability and overloading the image with a lot of third party plugins. This is also the reason why we removed a lot of the network plugins from the default image but retained the headers so that the user could install only those features he or she needed but would not need to go hunting for them.

I cant speak for other images but we always take into consideration the user experience before we decide what should and should not be included by default.

mauri
29-10-12, 22:52
My first impressions on VIX 3.0 on my Quad;

- the first thing that I noticed is the-now empty lcd screen of GigaBlue. On OpenMips it was showing the detailed info (plus small picon) of the channel I was watching. Now it is empty - there are only three horizontal bars with the gigablue colors (white and blue).
- timeshifting works ok; pausing and recording
- rewinding while on timeshift works ok (on OpenMips it did not work on my box)

- network browser (when run for the first time it took a 'lot' of time - noticeably more than on OpenMips)
- playing recordings (from the attached usb HDD - old 2TB HDD of VuDuo);
- .ts, mp4, mkv files work ok
- avi files stuttering - I guess this is due to the drivers...
- Project Valerie rev.1266 works great! Actually it is using the database already in the HDD (since I had PV installed on my VuDuo).

All in all I can say that Vix 3.0 works very well on my GigaBlue.

marty
30-10-12, 04:21
- the first thing that I noticed is the-now empty lcd screen of GigaBlue.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22266-LCD-Picons-for-Gigablue-Quad

XabiX
30-10-12, 18:24
I flogged my duo to pay for the quad :)

I did the same with my Vu+ UNO. Very happy with this new demo.
So fast !! and better image quality!

marty
30-10-12, 18:40
I did the same with my Vu+ UNO. Very happy with this new demo.
So fast !! and better image quality!

I'm gonna be brave now and state (IMHO) that the Quads picture quality does seem better than the Duo :whistle:

mauri
31-10-12, 01:29
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22266-LCD-Picons-for-Gigablue-Quad

Thnx for the tip, i will try the custo,ized picons. but still i wonder why on OpenMips the lcd screen had full info, while on vix does not show anything. :/

Larry-G
31-10-12, 01:39
Thnx for the tip, i will try the custo,ized picons. but still i wonder why on OpenMips the lcd screen had full info, while on vix does not show anything. :/

The information displayed on the LCD is governed by a specific skin file a .xml file, This file is unique to each image and can be edited to include or remove info as needed. now i dont have this receiver so i have no idea what is or is not in that file but it is user customizable if the user so wishes.

Mr. Mister
31-10-12, 01:53
Well.. All i can say is that the info is available on the VFD on my Quad..

I dont like the picons showing on the VFD.. So i have not changed the xml.. to make them show..

I suggest try flashing the Quad again.. and the info should show on the VFD..

marty
31-10-12, 04:08
but still i wonder why on OpenMips the lcd screen had full info, while on vix does not show anything. :/

You can use the OPENMIPS .xml file in VIX if you like ;)

pooface
31-10-12, 06:48
Well.. All i can say is that the info is available on the VFD on my Quad..

I dont like the picons showing on the VFD.. So i have not changed the xml.. to make them show..

I suggest try flashing the Quad again.. and the info should show on the VFD..

I'd it not a setting in the options somewhere? I'm pretty sure on the Ultimo, there is the option to display picons, or detailed info...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

marty
31-10-12, 16:13
There is under "Display Settings"
I don't know what they do as I'm usings Rossi2000's .xml

rossi2000
31-10-12, 17:53
its enabled by default

dreamsat
31-10-12, 18:39
Hi Guys, Great Images from Vix Team THANKS, I am using this Image on Gigablue QUAD,

- Recording rpoblems detected.

if you record a channel and view it same time its no problem, but if you add timer recording is black screen.

Hope you can fix it. Thanks

marty
31-10-12, 18:49
Hi Guys, Great Images from Vix Team THANKS, I am using this Image on Gigablue QUAD,

- Recording rpoblems detected.

if you record a channel and view it same time its no problem, but if you add timer recording is black screen.

Hope you can fix it. Thanks

Have a read here :thumbsup:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22499-Recording-problem

dreamsat
31-10-12, 19:31
Hi Marty, I have been on the link, but they are talking about recording two channels at the same time.
I have new isue:
- timer recording problem, the reciever is on standby, timer records the programs and it starts etc but
when you play the recorded file, the screen i black.
- watch one channel and record another channel same time, the recorded file will stop after 1-2 min freeze.
- recording only works if you watch same channel when you recording.

NO ONE can beat VIX :)

Larry-G
31-10-12, 19:36
I dont have a quad so i'm not sure about this, but as i understand it if you record a encrypted channel while watching another encrypted channel it is the same as if your were recording two encrypted channels. Try recording a encrypted channel while leaving the other tuner on a FTA channel.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the drivers soon enough.

dreamsat
31-10-12, 20:20
hi Phoenix,

1. timer recording fail, add a timer (encrypted channel - fta works fine) trying to play the recorded timer filer: the screen is black. dosen't matter the
duration time 1 hour or 1 min the problem i still there.
2. record a encrypted channel and watch another encrypted or fta the result is currupted recorded file after a while 1 min the file freeze.
3. Record FTA channel watch another encrypted channel it works fine.

hope you got the point now, i tried disabling permanent timeshift, but with no result.

dreamsat
31-10-12, 20:25
Hi Phoenix,
- Encrypted recording ONLY works if you watch what you record at same time.

if you shift channel fta or encrypted simply the file will be currupt.

hope i could explain in the right way.

jerry2
04-11-12, 08:42
I have tried to install VIX now and I am ready to give up. I am not saying it is a bad image, but my experience with it is not very good so far.

First thing I noticed when I installed it is that the picture on TV was too big. Left, right, top and bottom were missing :-( It was very hard to navigate to menu of OSD that I corrected this and made GUI fit to the screen.

Next I tried to install cccam. I tried a dozen of versions, seem to install ok, but aren't working and aren't in CI softcams. Other images got cccam included (or downloadable). I didn't try with cccam from the 4shared site as I am not a member and my belief is refusing to use some third party exe to download a file (maybe I didn't find the right button to DL the normal way yet).

I got few green screens of death also when entering VIX submenu (I guess I have it in log so I can report it).

I am not some experienced user, but I installed and used Open AAF and Open Mips in a matter of 5 minutes and I am with Vix 5 hours later still with problems. I do believe this is a great image, users here also praise it, but I have to be doing something wrong.

My TV is Samsung 40C650 (for the GUI out of proportion, didn't happen with any other image so far).

I'll still try to install cccam by hand and try to find out why it istalls and isn't in the CAM panel.

PS - This is only MY experience so far. Not saying anything bad about the image or it's authors.

Larry-G
04-11-12, 08:50
I have tried to install VIX now and I am ready to give up. I am not saying it is a bad image, but my experience with it is not very good so far.

First thing I noticed when I installed it is that the picture on TV was too big. Left, right, top and bottom were missing :-( It was very hard to navigate to menu of OSD that I corrected this and made GUI fit to the screen.

This is down to your TV settings and not the image.

Every TV ships with a feature called overscan activated by default ( the name can differ ), Overscan basically stretches every single pixel on your screen to 1.05% their natural size, which is a very bad thing for overall picture quality. This is why we include the OSD positioning application in the image so that you can adjust your screen size but it would be best if you could disable overscan from the TV side.

The reason why this only occurs with the ViX image is because we only produce FULL HD skins, other skins have a redundancy built in to cover the overscan, we will not do this as it means you end up loosing a good portion of your screen without even knowing.

Sicilian
04-11-12, 08:57

Next I tried to install cccam. I tried a dozen of versions, seem to install ok, but aren't working and aren't in CI softcams. Other images got cccam included (or downloadable). I didn't try with cccam from the 4shared site as I am not a member and my belief is refusing to use some third party exe to download a file (maybe I didn't find the right button to DL the normal way yet).

I got few green screens of death also when entering VIX submenu (I guess I have it in log so I can report it).

I am not some experienced user, but I installed and used Open AAF and Open Mips in a matter of 5 minutes and I am with Vix 5 hours later still with problems. I do believe this is a great image, users here also praise it, but I have to be doing something wrong.

My TV is Samsung 40C650 (for the GUI out of proportion, didn't happen with any other image so far).

I'll still try to install cccam by hand and try to find out why it istalls and isn't in the CAM panel.

PS - This is only MY experience so far. Not saying anything bad about the image or it's authors.

Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > Position setup or turn overscan off on your TV.

Softcam http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-amp-other-softcam-s-on-ALL-ViX-supported-Enigma-2-Receivers

Larry-G
04-11-12, 09:02

Most images and their respective teams do not provide softcams for download directly from within the image for legal or perceived legal reasons, We do periodically review this stance and for now it is staying as is.

This could be for any number of reasons, we need you to provide as much information as possible as to what you were doing that led upto the crash along with any and all crash logs generated at that time.
you can send these directly to us byt he inbuilt logs manager feature in the image it self or create a thread on the forum and upload them there.

I'm sorry and i am by no means having a go but if it's taking you 5 hours to set the image up you'r not doing it properly.
If you need help just create a thread on the forum and you will get the help, where it is within the forum rules.

as i said Disable overscan. google overscan and your TV model for instructions on how to do this. bear in mind though that some TV's dont allow you to turn this feature off or the ability to do so may be very well hidden.

Larry-G
04-11-12, 09:24
you can read about overscan here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan

jerry2
04-11-12, 09:37
This is down to your TV settings and not the image.

Every TV ships with a feature called overscan activated by default ( the name can differ ), Overscan basically stretches every single pixel on your screen to 1.05% their natural size, which is a very bad thing for overall picture quality. This is why we include the OSD positioning application in the image so that you can adjust your screen size but it would be best if you could disable overscan from the TV side.

The reason why this only occurs with the ViX image is because we only produce FULL HD skins, other skins have a redundancy built in to cover the overscan, we will not do this as it means you end up loosing a good portion of your screen without even knowing.

Ah I see, that clarify it, thank you for your time to explain it to me. So that is a TV problem then, huh.

jerry2
04-11-12, 09:42
I installed image and I try to setup positioners. I have to set up DVB-T first because if I set motor first and then DVB-T I loose the motor settings. I think this has to do with drivers happened on other images also.

THis was the first thing I did, the ABCD system I have I accidentaly pressed the "automatic scan" and then cancel it and got the crash immediately.

I'll try to turn off the overscan on the TV first, I haven't even realised I have overscan on this TV, other images seem to compensate somehow (as you said reducing quality).

I understand about the cam. I got frustrated I couldn't install TSPanel (I understand it is 3rd party plugin and you have no responsibility about it).

The skin you have is VERY NICE! The inclusion of the Rytec plugin was a great surprise ;-) I see a lot of time and efford was put to the image and the support you have here is great, thank you.

jerry2
04-11-12, 09:47
I seem not to have the way to turn off overscan on TV. Is the tuning down in image the same or I double loose the quality if first it overscans to 1.05 and then I downscale it?

Larry-G
04-11-12, 10:11
I seem not to have the way to turn off overscan on TV. Is the tuning down in image the same or I double loose the quality if first it overscans to 1.05 and then I downscale it?

if you can't disable overscan on your TV you can adjust the OSD ( on screen display, basically the Menu of the image ) via the image, your TV will still be in overscan mode and because of that you will still loose a certain amount of the visible picture via all viewing modes such including those not related to the receiver but you can as i said adjust the OSD of the image to compensate on the receiver at least.

Larry-G
04-11-12, 10:18
I installed image and I try to setup positioners. I have to set up DVB-T first because if I set motor first and then DVB-T I loose the motor settings. I think this has to do with drivers happened on other images also.

THis was the first thing I did, the ABCD system I have I accidentaly pressed the "automatic scan" and then cancel it and got the crash immediately.

I'll try to turn off the overscan on the TV first, I haven't even realised I have overscan on this TV, other images seem to compensate somehow (as you said reducing quality).

I understand about the cam. I got frustrated I couldn't install TSPanel (I understand it is 3rd party plugin and you have no responsibility about it).

The skin you have is VERY NICE! The inclusion of the Rytec plugin was a great surprise ;-) I see a lot of time and efford was put to the image and the support you have here is great, thank you.

no you still dont seem to understand.

Overscan affects ALL IMAGES and all TV / DVD modes, if you dont or cant turn overscan off you will still loose a portion of the visible picture no matter what your viewing be it on the receiver or via a DVD player, even terrestrial. The picture is still distorted but you just dont see as the skin is covering it up, our skin is displayed in FULL HD so it does not cover the overlap.

The only reason you see the difference is because we map our skins properly so they show in FULL HD as intended. There are a few pictures you can load and view on the TV that will show you exactly how much of the visible picture you are loosing in all modes, if i can find them i will upload them here for you to see.

as for TS-panel it's in our image feeds.

Menu> plugins> green button> settings ( i think ) you should see version 6.6 in the feeds.

Maxwell
04-11-12, 10:19
on a Samsung built in the last 3 years or so you turn off overscan by Menu>Picture>Screen Adjustment and set it to Screen Fit

Larry-G
04-11-12, 10:35
Try This.

load any of the enclosed pictures onto your tv and view it, either via the receivers inbuilt media player or on the TV's media player if it has one.

This will show you exactly how much of the visible picture you are loosing due to overscan.

jerry2
04-11-12, 11:06
on a Samsung built in the last 3 years or so you turn off overscan by Menu>Picture>Screen Adjustment and set it to Screen Fit

I have screen menu ghosted on a TV and I do not know why :-(

jerry2
04-11-12, 11:07
Try This.

load any of the enclosed pictures onto your tv and view it, either via the receivers inbuilt media player or on the TV's media player if it has one.

This will show you exactly how much of the visible picture you are loosing due to overscan.

Thank you, I'll try. I think I understand now. I loose some picture it is not distorted but lost (seem to loose 13-14px in any direction).

Maxwell
04-11-12, 11:13
I have screen menu ghosted on a TV and I do not know why :-(
can you get a pic of what you mean

Mr. Mister
04-11-12, 11:34
All of the above are known bugs... and the Gigablue drivers team are working hard to fix the issues..

jerry2
04-11-12, 11:41
can you get a pic of what you mean

THe option on my TV has the picture / screen settings ghosted so I can not enter it and turn off overcan (if there is this option inside). I am not sure why it is ghosted though.

The option in VIX to backup whole image is fantastic. How many times can I flash the image in quad flash? Or is it better to buy USB key and put image over there? I am always a little scared on flashing internal flash.

Larry-G
04-11-12, 11:57
you cant restore a full image backup from flash memory it must be loaded as a standard image is from a USB stick. I keep a USB stick permanently in the rear of my receivers to save such things as full image and settings backups to amongst other things. Generally a 4GB stick should be more than sufficient although i also use several 16 GB sticks for this purpose too.

dreamsat
06-11-12, 12:58
Hi Pheonix,
Did Vix team solve the recording problems soon, i am using this function to record every day :(
and to all guys include jerry2, vix is the best image :)

rossi2000
06-11-12, 14:06
its not up to vix to fix the recording problems.
those problems are for gigablue to address..

jerry2
06-11-12, 21:38
I had 48 updates today on VIX 3.0. After the update I tried again and there were 18 updates. Then I said I want to update again and after second reboot I still have 18 updates. How do I get rid of them if they are allready updated (at least the box said it was updating).

Mr. Mister
06-11-12, 21:51
Menu > Information > About..

This will give you the build number..

At the moment.. We are on Build 403..

jerry2
07-11-12, 11:44
It says build 394 :-( And I have 30 updates and when I update it says updating and resets the receiver and then I still have so many updates and I am still on 394 :-(

marty
07-11-12, 11:54
404 here :)

XabiX
09-11-12, 18:35
405 here
:p

Alec
21-11-12, 00:51
405 here
:p

Is this a stable update, because my image info is showing 2012-10-27 Version 3.0 and it finds no updates, also is there a bug on Samba setup?
My box crashes on trying to set this up with a software report fail report on the screen

Larry-G
21-11-12, 01:00
To be honest i really would not place too much stock on unstable Vs stable. just because a image is labeled as unstable does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with it, infact we set ALL images as unstable by default, until we are happy otherwise.

The current online version is set as unstable as it was primarily a bugfix release and we did not have much time to test it's functions. Just be sure to make regular backups so if things do go wrong you can flash back to a earlier working image in under 5 minutes.

p.s the current build online is 430.

XabiX
25-11-12, 23:03
Hello guys,

Would it be possible to add the right xml file within the OpenVix image so we can have the picons also displayed within the GB QUAD LCD screen as per this post?

I think we will all be happy to "use" the LCD color screen with picons as letters are too small so picons could be easier to see which channel is on

thanks
XabiX

I did open a post for this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23410-Quad-screen-not-working-properly

andyblac
26-11-12, 10:44
Hello guys,

Would it be possible to add the right xml file within the OpenVix image so we can have the picons also displayed within the GB QUAD LCD screen as per this post?

I think we will all be happy to "use" the LCD color screen with picons as letters are too small so picons could be easier to see which channel is on

thanks
XabiX

I did open a post for this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23410-Quad-screen-not-working-properly

trouble is mate what info to drop, as the screen is small. the space that we have is tight.

XabiX
26-11-12, 12:22
trouble is mate what info to drop, as the screen is small. the space that we have is tight.

I don't know you guys but myself from were I seat, I can't see anything currently on what is being displayed.

Therefore what could be nice is to have a parameter so people can decide rather to have the current screen or just the picon displayed within the LCD as a replacement? (maybe for the beginning we can use normal picons and just re-size them to fit in the screen without the need to change their format if different?)

I don't know if this is something we can do "easily" or it's tight to GB

dragoscevero
14-12-12, 21:18
Hi, i've installed the last release of the openvix; I can't scan for dtt channel, on the lcd display i can read the message "no service" while searching and automatic scanning stay on 0%. I've tried manual scanning over some frequencies with 0 channels found results.
In the informations panel i can see all 4 tuners, and they are properly configurated to dvb-t service.

What I have to do to make it works?
Thanks...

bongo182
18-12-12, 23:18
Hello,

Version 521 reinstalled (no update) solve alot of problems i had with some mkv and avi, thanks very much.

bongo182
20-12-12, 12:19
Hi,

I have error sorry feeds are down for maintenance when i try to update quad with 521 (installed with fresh flash)
trying by telnet get error :
http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/3.0/gbquad/3rdparty/packages

Can any one help?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
20-12-12, 15:25
We have been experiencing problems with the feeds. All has been fixed now, but it takes some time to upload them all.

richca
20-12-12, 16:52
seeds are still down, i cant get on to plugins or vix update on vu+ duo

Rob van der Does
20-12-12, 18:14
Correct. We'll all have to await them being uploaded.

Larry-G
20-12-12, 18:31
seeds are still down, i cant get on to plugins or vix update on vu+ duo

we have some 19 plus images to upload, each with over 1.5 GB worth of feeds etc, so as rob said please be patient as this takes some time.

bongo182
20-12-12, 19:08
We have been experiencing problems with the feeds. All has been fixed now, but it takes some time to upload them all.

Ok, thanks

skippie
08-01-13, 21:22
First of all i have to say i`m very pleased with the vix images.

I`m new at using the vix image since i bought the gigablue quad a week ago.

Nothing negative to say so far.

As english is not my native language i often use subtitles for the sky channels, makes it easier to follow the programs.
This fails when i watch recordings from sky. When i add subtitles, some text is missing and other text remains on the screen and disappears after a while making it difficult to follow what`s being said.

Is there a possibility to have a look at this in the future please ? It would be a great help for me if this is being fixed.

thnx alot.