PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] OpenWebif - merge request- streaming recordings of shared PMT channels

stick50jr
28-10-12, 12:56
I recently provided an update to the OpenWebif to allow streaming of recordings of shared PMT channels. (The live versions of these channels had already been supported.) I'm happy to say this has now been merged into the master. However, I assume that the Vix image uses the oe-alliance fork and so my change and some other recent improvements by others will not be picked up by Vix until there is a merge between the two versions.

Request that the Vix Team look at updating their version of OpenWebif to include this new functionality.

The channels under the Aurora package on Optus C1/D3 (Imparja, Southern Cross Broadcasting, Goldern West, WIN etc) channels all require an additional parameter "program" to be provided to VLC so that it can find the correct program stream of the several (shared) streams within the channel's transport stream. This issue is apparently not just here in Oz but I've seen posts indicating this will benefit quite a few other people. Channels that don't have shared PMT will still work normally with this extra code.

There have also been some other improvements to the OpenWebif recently.

I use Vix rather than OpenPLi because it is such a good package and now provides almost the same currency of updates. I really appreciate the current policy of frequent stable/unstable updates. No real grief experienced by me and no waits for the latest stuff. Well done and cheers.

stick50jr
03-11-12, 00:43
Okay, I see that the OpenVix version has now re-merged with the E2OpenPlugins version and will thus now have the latest improvements... thanks again for the Vix image.

For others reading this, it should be in builds after the current 394 build.

cheers