PDA

View Full Version : new box from sponsor

hav it
28-10-12, 12:01
Hi im looking at getting a second box for other room. i currrently have a vu duo but my budget is about £170 was thinking about a vu solo but im open to make of box, if there is a better spec one for the money. cheers

Larry-G
28-10-12, 12:03
Have a look at the Gigablue HD 800 UE / SE models.

very good value and fully supported by the ViX team.

bassethound
28-10-12, 12:07
I would highly recommend the GiGaBlue HD800 se/ue great boxes for the money plus there supported by our own Vix image

have a look over at our sponsors page for a great deal

http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Gigablue-HD-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receivers

hav it
28-10-12, 12:35
do you think its better than the vu solo ? also whats the difference one ue is slightly more money than the other.

Larry-G
28-10-12, 12:46
The solo is soon being discontinued by Vu as they intend to release the V2 model ( dont worry image support will not stop ) but driver support may start to dwindle as they concentrate more on the newer models. The Gigablue's are on the other hand are very new receivers along the same lines of the solo with excellent and continued driver and image support. as to the differences between the SE and UE. one has a colour display the other does not thats about the only difference i can think of.

hav it
28-10-12, 13:40
The solo is soon being discontinued by Vu as they intend to release the V2 model ( dont worry image support will not stop ) but driver support may start to dwindle as they concentrate more on the newer models. The Gigablue's are on the other hand are very new receivers along the same lines of the solo with excellent and continued driver and image support. as to the differences between the SE and UE. one has a colour display the other does not thats about the only difference i can think of.

no i mean there is one priced @ £169 and @£189 i think its a 2nd tuner not sure. why would you need 2 tuners iv got 2 on my duo but only use 1. Also to record and watch another channel i just to to get a lmb with 2 outs it all will be run on a motor set up.

Larry-G
28-10-12, 13:49
You can have the option of a dual DVB-T/C tuner included in the box for terrestrial and cable viewing as well as the standard satellite tuner built in, turning the receiver into a dual tuner receiver. This differs from the duo which is a twin tuner as on a dual tuner only one tuner can be used at a time not both.

skittle7
28-10-12, 15:08
I've got a GigaBlue 800SE and it's a cracking box for the money you pay. Also, look at getting £5 forum discount to make it even cheaper!

hav it
28-10-12, 20:36
for the ue is showing pre order anyone know when they will be in stock ?

Stanman
28-10-12, 21:01
Drop the sponsor a PM/Webnote and will let you know.