PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Onkyo Amp?

osmononame
27-10-12, 21:49
Hi,

I have recently moved my ET9000 to my games room and have connected it to my Onkyo NR509 amp and am having standby/hdmi issues.

Every now and then I forget to put the ET9000 into standby when switching the PJ/AMP off. So the next time to try to watch something, I switch the PJ/AMP on (while the ET9000 is already on) but don't get a picture and the only way to get a picture is to restart the ET9000. I can only imagine this is a HDMI handshake problem or something similar - I never used to have this problem with the previous DM800.

With my XBMC PC I have no such issues and can leave it on 24/7 and switch the TV/AMP on and off at will and it will always give a picture - ditto with the former DM800; due to this I can only imagine it is a ET9000 issue.

Anyone had similar problems? I am running Vix 3.0 and so was thinking of trying a different image but wouldn't have thought this could be the issue.

shaft
02-11-12, 19:36
Hi os

I have an ET9200 connected via an Onkyo 609 to a Optoma projector. I'm running the latest VIX image. I've never had problems with a picture. Have you tried the obvious like selecting a different hdmi port and then going back to your ET port?

osmononame
02-11-12, 19:40
Yeah - I have tried that - after much experimenting I realised that turning the Onkyo off and on gives a picture too so don't have to restart the ET each time. Issue still annoying though. So currently to watch tv I:

Switch PJ on, Switch Onkyo on, ET is already on. No picture. Then switch Onkyo off and then on. I now get a picture.

shaft
02-11-12, 19:58
Glad you're sorted.