PDA

View Full Version : Connection problems to a new VU+ Ultimo

Sunny
27-10-12, 20:46
Hi WOS team,
I seem to be falling at the first hurdle.
I have set my ultimo lan cable to router and see when logged into the router the boxes IP.
I presumed that you could just connect to another router lan port and webbrowser in using this address and connect to the box.
Using the boxes basic network test it all passes.
I have not flashed any image yet only installed my HDD which is recognised by the box.
Should my first action to be to usb flash the latest Vix image?
Please can some one help as i intend to get started using my existing sky dish to see FTA channels and generally get used to the box.:confused:

Stanman
27-10-12, 20:53
Yes, flash with latest VIX.

You can use the OI image but its better imho to use a third party image now.

make sure the USB is formatted and nothing else is connected to the Ultimo USB port and than unzip the image and copy the vuplus folder to the USB and insert and hard reboot from the rocker switch on the back of the psu

Sunny
28-10-12, 11:03
Thanks Stanman,

Just got the lastest image 3.0.390 from openvix download center.
But i won't be able to get it done until to later and it might be knocking on.
I presume that my change in veiw will be obvious and there will be some kind of prompts right?

Larry-G
28-10-12, 11:07
with the USB stick inserted in the receiver and powered down, power the receiver back up and you will see a prompt on the VFD ( screen on the receiver ) asking you to press the ( - ) button. press this to start the flashing process ( on the receiver not the remote ). once done the receiver will reboot and begin the FIW ( or First Install Wizard ).

Sunny
29-10-12, 21:09
Thanks Guys,

I got the image loaded ok and can now connect using my browser and get Open Webif when i enter my boxes IP.
My channels are all over the place but i will be able to pull them together in time using favourites.
I fancy a bash at a tutorial next, probably going to try loading CCcam.

Stanman
29-10-12, 21:11
There are ready made list in the Enigima 2 forum and a nice surprise in this area coming soon;)