PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Where is the Picons to Service mapping?

SalteeDog
27-10-12, 11:58
Hi all. Probably answered somewhere in the forum but I can't find it.

Can someone tell me which file manages the mappings of Picon files to services?

For those wondering why, I'd like to manually update this since Dreambox edit no longer works for me as I have URL-Stream services in my bouquets.

Larry-G
27-10-12, 12:02
I'm not sure if i'm understanding you correctly but if you want to edit the service reference of a particular picon it's a easy enough task to do. using DBE to obtain the service reference for the channel in question just use the copy and paste function to rename the picon in question with the new correct service reference id.

SalteeDog
27-10-12, 14:10
Thanks - that's exactly what I want to do. So the mapping is cared for by the file name of the picon. Makes sense.

Larry-G
27-10-12, 14:54
yes, as long as the picon in question has the correct service reference as it's name the rest is handled by the image.

pac2000
18-01-13, 01:19
Just To Let Everyone Know, Through My Own Trial And Error That Picon Service Names Are Case Sensitive!!!

For Example 1_0_19_52D0_814_2_11A0000_0_0_0 Is Channel 4 HD's Service Reference Not 1_0_19_52d0_814_2_11a0000_0_0_0...

I Was Having Trouble Using Picon Manager... I First Off Used It's Interface To Correct All The Channels, And Copied Back The Picons To The Box(FTP)...

No Change, The Channels That Were Missing Them Still Had Them Missing... So I Gave Up Until Tonight...

I Then Used The Picon Manager To Get The Service Reference Names By Right Clicking A Channel And Selecting Copy To Clipboard(Which Copied In All Lower Case)... And Then Manually Renamed The Picons In The Local Folder... They Even Appeared In Picon Manager As I Did It, So I Thought It Was Right...

But When I Deleted The root/picon Folder And Copied My Local Folder Back To The Box I Got Only The Picons That Were Already There, None Of The Ones I'd Done Were There... Anyway I Decided To Bring Up The Properties On One I Knew To Be Working (In Case There Was A Problem With Size Or Colour Depth) And I Noticed That The One That Worked Was All In Upper Case... Did A Test Picon With Upper Case And It Worked... I Don't Know If This Is Only The Vu+ Duo Running VIX 3.0, Or Just VIX 3.0, But Thought I'd Put This Up Incase Someone Else Was Having The Same Problem...

So Tomorrow, When I've Got Time, I Should At Last Have A Complete Set Of Picons...