PDA

View Full Version : Recording problem

marty
27-10-12, 08:48
Seems we still have a problem with recording/watching two pay channels :confused:
It seems that PIP decoding works for two pay channels with no issues.

What happens is if you start recording a scrambled channel you are actually watching it WILL record no problems, but if then change channel to another pay channel the new channel WILL clear and you can watch that OK and the recoring of the 1st channel will continue. If you then try to watch what you recorded it will play back with video and sound no problem right up till the moment you changed channel then it will just be blank untill the recoring ends.

Can someone else with a Quad test this for me?

marty
27-10-12, 09:57
PVR use

There was a driver issue affecting the recording multiple encrypted channels simultaneously this has been fixed with the driver update from 25.10.2012. Recording 4 channels simultaneously is not a problem and even more if these are on the same transponder/cable tuner frequency in use.

There were another 27 updates this morning, I still cannot record two pay TV channels at the same time.

Can anyone confirm or deny this works?

Larry-G
27-10-12, 10:25
There were another 27 updates this morning, I still cannot record two pay TV channels at the same time.

Can anyone confirm or deny this works?

we just have to wait until some one with one of these boxes comes online to test and including you i only know of four people with one.

Sicilian
27-10-12, 12:35
Working fine on ViX beta 386, testing at the moment, recorded 3 scambled channels and played back with oscam.

jerry2
27-10-12, 12:39
The OpenAAF works so bad to me I can not test for you at this point...

Can I get the VIX beta somehow? I'd like to test it.

Mr. Mister
27-10-12, 12:44
I have not been able to try this today.. As wee girl watching her stuff..

I will try this afternoon.. But it will be with Vix.. No other image.. So thats not much helps to Marty..

marty
27-10-12, 12:47
Just tested on AFF, don't work :(

AFF sucks bigtime, OPENMIPS isn't perfect but seems more stable/faster.
Can't wait for VIX :thumbsup:

jerry2
27-10-12, 12:49
Open mips is 1.6 OE and is missing a lot of the new stuff :-(((

We all wait for Vix. Maybe they would let us test the beta somehow?

Larry-G
27-10-12, 12:50
I wouldn't be too hard on OpenAAF or Openmips, they will pull through and i have no doubt produce a top notch image for this receiver.

marty
27-10-12, 12:51
But it will be with Vix.. No other image.. So thats not much helps to Marty..

Would be if you made me a beta tester ;)

Larry-G
27-10-12, 12:53

not strictly true, even as ViX testers we frequently try other images out to test certain features or to see if certain bugs are present in other images too. dont worry though, The ViX image will be released for this receiver very soon.

jerry2
27-10-12, 12:59
I wouldn't be too hard on OpenAAF or Openmips, they will pull through and i have no doubt produce a top notch image for this receiver.

I know they will, I am just saying that at the moment it is not very good with THIS receiver.

Sicilian
27-10-12, 13:00
I'm testing ViX today, providing no major issues are found we're hoping to release soon.

Larry-G
27-10-12, 13:05
I know they will, I am just saying that at the moment it is not very good with THIS receiver.

I'm just pointing out that it's not really fair to go and give them grief, This receiver is very new and for a lot of teams this may be their first experiences of working with this manufacturer so a little patience would be appreciated. That said as Sic has pointed out, barring any major problems being found we are very close to releasing the ViX image for this receiver.

jerry2
27-10-12, 13:08
I'm just pointing out that it's not really fair to go and give them grief, This receiver is very new and for a lot of teams this may be their first experiences of working with this manufacturer so a little patience would be appreciated. That said as Sic has pointed out, barring any major problems being found we are very close to releasing the ViX image for this receiver.

I merely stated the fact about other images that are out. I am sure they will become better for this receiver and I didn't want to give them grief, but the fact is this receiver is so new it is a wonder it is as stable as it is in the first place. But the fact is this images are not stable yet.

Sicilian
27-10-12, 13:15
I merely stated the fact about other images that are out. I am sure they will become better for this receiver and I didn't want to give them grief, but the fact is this receiver is so new it is a wonder it is as stable as it is in the first place. But the fact is this images are not stable yet.

Think you'll find ViX a breath or fresh air when we release it and it IS stable.

rossi2000
27-10-12, 13:16
i only have vix, but i'll try to test later

jerry2
27-10-12, 13:23
For the kernel to go to 3.x Gigablue has to release new drivers, new bootloader or something else? I know image writers can not move kernel up.

Larry-G
27-10-12, 13:29
For the kernel to go to 3.x Gigablue has to release new drivers, new bootloader or something else? I know image writers can not move kernel up.

not strictly true, andyblac himself moved the Vu+'s from kernel 2.6.18 to kernel 3.1.1 even before Vu them selves did, we however must always wait for bootloader and driver updates from the manufacturers though as we have no control over those.

rossi2000
27-10-12, 13:30

i am not a beta tester
i run vix on my quad...

marty
27-10-12, 13:32
i am not a beta tester
i run vix on my quad...

Made your own?

alexioemmi
27-10-12, 13:33
same problem here:confused:. no f1 qualifyings for me:eek:

jerry2
not strictly true, andyblac himself moved the Vu+'s from kernel 2.6.18 to kernel 3.1.1 even before Vu them selves did, we however must always wait for bootloader and driver updates from the manufacturers though as we have no control over those.

I see. I know manufacturer must do something as my DM800HD is now forever on 2.6.x kernel as Dream media decided not to update whatever is needed to move to 3.1.

Sicilian

Once all bugs are ironed out in the drivers, the driver dev's will move up kernel. In anycase, I think this is now going too far off topic.

Sicilian
27-10-12, 13:34

What?? I'm watching and recording F1 fine here :zoom:

rossi2000
27-10-12, 13:38
Made your own?

yup
built from the oe-alliance git.
i built it before the quad arrived so vix went on right away.
i cant upload it though for obvious reasons but it is there for anyone who wants to build for themselves from the oe-alliance and maybe learn something from the process.

marty
27-10-12, 13:41
Sounds complicated :confused:

marty
27-10-12, 13:52

What?? I'm watching and recording F1 fine here :zoom:

So going by that it works on VIX bit no other image, VIX has the same drivers does it not?

rossi2000
27-10-12, 17:36
Sounds complicated :confused:

not really

a few linux commands and a number of hours later you'll have an image..

marty
28-10-12, 10:06
not really

a few linux commands and a number of hours later you'll have an image..

I'll wait ;)

BTW, did you test the record problem at all?

bobby1
28-10-12, 10:07
Can confirm that recording and watching another encrypted channel breaks the recording on both OpenAAF and OpenMips.

marty
28-10-12, 10:12
Can confirm that recording and watching another encrypted channel breaks the recording on both OpenAAF and OpenMips.

Same as me then.

Sicilian
28-10-12, 10:25
Doesn't on ViX, tested wtih Oscam :D

Will be released later today.

bobby1
28-10-12, 10:28
I did test with CCCam 2.3.0 and not Oscam. Do not know if that makes a difference... What are you using Marty?

marty
28-10-12, 10:29
Doesn't on ViX, tested wtih Oscam :D

Will be released later today.

I had a feeling it would when the Gigablue quad was added to the openvix downloads :thumbsup:

Just hope it works with cccam

Sicilian
28-10-12, 10:43
Guys, just tested this again, very sorry to give false report. Just tested again, only records for a few seconds then stops recording using multiple encrypted. So yes the issue is still there. Sorry guys :o

marty
28-10-12, 10:50
Guys, just tested this again, very sorry to give false report. Just tested again, only records for a few seconds then stops recording using multiple encrypted. So yes the issue is still there. Sorry guys :o

In a way thats good news, it means its not just my box :D
As I said they must be close because PIP works on encrypted channels while it didn't before.

marty
28-10-12, 10:51
I did test with CCCam 2.3.0 and not Oscam. Do not know if that makes a difference... What are you using Marty?

CCCam 2.3.0 same as you M8

wilfman
04-11-12, 15:08
Looking at getting myself one of these, but a quick question regarding the problems with recording. Are you able to watch an encrypted channel on the tv and then watch an encrypted channel on either an ipad/pc with out any problems.
Currently I am able to do this with my VU+ DUO, but looking at upgrading to this unit.

marty
04-11-12, 15:10
Looking at getting myself one of these, but a quick question regarding the problems with recording. Are you able to watch an encrypted channel on the tv and then watch an encrypted channel on either an ipad/pc with out any problems.
Currently I am able to do this with my VU+ DUO, but looking at upgrading to this unit.

Not at this time but hopefully VERY soon ;)

dreamsat
06-11-12, 13:06
HI Marty,

Same problem here record and watch same encrypted channel = no problem.
record encrypted channel and then shift to another channel = BIG PROBLEM :(
hope the team will solve it soon. I confirm that the issue is still there.

Mr. Mister
06-11-12, 14:05
This is not a Vix problem..

Its a Gigablue driver problem..

jerry2
06-11-12, 14:07
Even recording DVB-T and encrypted st channel produces SAT channel blank screen. I know it is a driver problem.

dfdream
06-11-12, 15:16
Are these the drivers that are in Vix Quad image... On several sites it mentions that these drivers solve the issue or is this just a spoof...

Gigablue QUAD drivers 25.10.2012
-. fixed scrambled channel problem with multi transponder.(PIP and Recording)
-. fixed video scaler sharpness.
-. fixed tuner configuration mode "loopthrough to".

dreamsat
06-11-12, 17:21
dfdream: even the drivrs dosen't solve the recording problem.

marty
06-11-12, 22:45
On several sites it mentions that these drivers solve the issue or is this just a spoof...

Written by people who don't have a Quad :p

At this time it isn't working but I'm pretty sure they will get it sorted soon ;)
The Quad can do PIP with encrypted channels since the last batch of drivers whilst before it would not so they are on the right track :)

dfdream
07-11-12, 16:20
Dont know about anyone else but Im in the market for one of these.
Just find it stupid that a device gets released and basic things like that arent tested.
These are basic functions of all receivers (even gigablues own receivers) and it brings into question why its not sorted already since the device is nearly 2 months released.
What if they cant fix it ????? 4 tuner FTA Box...

Written by people who don't have a Quad :p

At this time it isn't working but I'm pretty sure they will get it sorted soon ;)
The Quad can do PIP with encrypted channels since the last batch of drivers whilst before it would not so they are on the right track :)

Sicilian
07-11-12, 16:25
Dont know about anyone else but Im in the market for one of these.
Just find it stupid that a device gets released and basic things like that arent tested.
These are basic functions of all receivers (even gigablues own receivers) and it brings into question why its not sorted already since the device is nearly 2 months released.
What if they cant fix it ????? 4 tuner FTA Box...

The driver dev's are working on these issues and they will be fixed.

marty
17-11-12, 13:34
Recording problem now fixed :thumbsup:

Download the new drivers here

http://archiv.openmips.com/gigablue-quad-drivers-2.6.37-2.8-20121116.zip

Just unzip and FTP them to /lib/modules/2.6.37-2.8/extra

Don't forget to reboot after ;)

Mr. Mister
17-11-12, 13:44
Cheers Marty..

Now working a treat.. Now we will all be able to get so much more from our Quad..

Great work to Gigablue drivers team..

marty
17-11-12, 13:46
Cheers Marty..

Now working a treat.. Now we will all be able to get so much more from our Quad..

Great work to Gigablue drivers team..

I'm well happy now I can record the walking dead and WWE on fridays :p

alexioemmi
18-11-12, 14:51
Recording seems to work, but the box crashes when manually stopping a recording. Can somebody test to see if its a bug or just mine. I'am using VIX.

Larry-G
18-11-12, 14:54
Recording seems to work, but the box crashes when manually stopping a recording. Can somebody test to see if its a bug or just mine. I'am using VIX.

we need a few more details, such as what exact build of the image are you using ? also a crash means crash logs would have been generated, we need those crash logs so we can look to see what went wrong. Either upload them here or use the inbuilt logs manager in the image to send them directly to us.

Mr. Mister
18-11-12, 15:00

Do an online update to Build 423..

this bug has been fixed..

marty
18-11-12, 15:02
Working perfect here (build 423) just tested :)

alexioemmi
18-11-12, 15:07
is this the file you need?

alexioemmi
18-11-12, 15:08
ok. thanks

Larry-G
18-11-12, 15:14
is this the file you need?

yes thats what we needed, it shows your using build 421 so update to 423 and that bug will be fixed.

alexioemmi
18-11-12, 15:20
Yes, Now it works perfectly. Thank you all for helping. Any rumors of a fix on that sound problem in ISO files?

marty
18-11-12, 15:38
Yes, Now it works perfectly. Thank you all for helping. Any rumors of a fix on that sound problem in ISO files?

I just tested an ISO, still no sound (but you do get sound with a VOB file extracted from the ISO)

alexioemmi
18-11-12, 15:42
Can you extract them on the quad or do you extract them on a computer and then send them to the quad?

Larry-G
18-11-12, 15:46
extract them on the PC first then FTP over to the STB.

marty
18-11-12, 15:46
Can you extract them on the quad or do you extract them on a computer and then send them to the quad?

I don't normally use ISO's but yes, I do it on the PC.
Most movies I watch are MKV's

alexioemmi
18-11-12, 15:58
Well, thats really not an alternative because it's mainly my kids who watches dvds (got about 2TB of their films on the harddrive). So I will have to just wait for the updates. I still got the old computer hoocked to the tv, so they are not complaining that much.