PDA

View Full Version : Connexion problem to the VU Solo + from my PC

giunti
26-10-12, 16:55
Hello,

I can't connect to my VU Solo+ from my PC (FlashFXP, DreamboxEdit) in the last days. Before I don't have any problems.

I always have this error (in the picture).

I use root for login and dreambox for password like everybody but I still have the problem.

Anybody have a solution?

basilyoung
26-10-12, 17:00
not sure what image you are using, but if its a Vix image, and you hav,nt changed the password, it will be " " blank as in nothing

giunti
26-10-12, 17:08
Thank you for your help.
I download the image on this website.
It's VTI-TEAM Image Release V 3.1

When I don't write password in FlashFXP, it ask a password again.

alibx11
28-10-12, 12:28
Also having problems logging into VU+ Solo with dreamboxedit....

Have just updated to latest stable release VIX 3.0.390 and am using the default setting for logging in which up till now always worked... ip adress, Dreambox server port "80", user name "root", password blank, FTP port "21",

When I "Test IP connection" on dreamboxedit it connects ok but when I "Test User name/ password" it will not connect, so am now unable to upload any new channel lists etc...

What has changed in the new image to prevent login????

basilyoung
28-10-12, 12:33
there is a plugin called password changer, this as a last resort might be of help to you both

as far as the VTi image goes, I do not know there standard password

but its good pratice to always have your own password on the units you own, which is easily sorted via a telnet session

Larry-G
28-10-12, 12:53
nothing what so ever has changed in the image to prevent users logging in, but some FTP applications still need a password even if none is set by default.

try

USER= root
PASSWORD= password

if that does not work, try setting a password via a telnet session using the passwd command.

alibx11
28-10-12, 13:10
Thanks pheonix, have tried using "password" but no different.. also tried logging on with VU+ control centre but same problem cannot login, so cannot connect through that to telnet, and am not familiar with how to telnet anyway.

Was able to connect just fine until I put this new image on this morning.....

Larry-G
28-10-12, 13:13
How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7 - Click Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

alibx11
28-10-12, 13:34
Thanks mat ebut hasn't helped, got logged in through telnet and changed password ok but still unable to login am going to try another image to see if that changes anything.. will let you know..

Larry-G
28-10-12, 13:36
how did you update the image ? from a earlier version or a fresh flash ?.

alibx11
28-10-12, 13:40
Fresh flash, via USB this morning,

Larry-G
28-10-12, 13:51
did you restore any settings from a previous image ?.

alibx11
28-10-12, 14:14
Ok pheonix, have just done another clean install and this time with no backup restore, and it's working fine now.

I used a backup from version 3.0.245 but something must have gone amiss in the transfer.

All sorted now mate many thanks...

Larry-G
28-10-12, 14:26
Thanks for letting us know how you remedied your problem, it should help others who may be in a similar situation.

giunti
02-11-12, 13:10
So, if I flash again via usb my machine, I won't have the problem?
But I'll lost my settings? (like bouquets, antenna settings, extensions)

giunti
02-11-12, 21:41
I flash again my VU Solo + via usb and the problem is fixed.
But I flash with same image 3.1 and I restore nothing, 4.2.4 don't work in my machine, I don't know why.
It's take time to install all channels and bouquets but it's essential to connect the machine to the pc.
Thanks all for your help.