PDA

View Full Version : Sat position not locking.

popol
12-09-10, 03:26
Hi peeps, I am new to this scene . having moved from a humax. I have tried the search option to no avail. my problem is that I have a Vix image on a duo with a technom*te motor. I have reset the motor and now every time I move the motor to the required satellite it does not store after I have stored it in "positioner set up" and it even says"locked" . I can manage to see the channel briefly then the dish goes back to about 36 east.I have tried all the images without any luck. Also. is there an add on for vti where one can move the dish just like in Vix
Your help would be appreciated.

fishlos
12-09-10, 04:34
after it say 'locked', did you go up to 'Positioner storage' and saved by clicking the green button (store position)?

Data
12-09-10, 09:43
there seems to be a problem with the images foe the VUplus I have many satellites in the "satfinder" that do not show up but I hit every channel on the satellite.they dont seem to change with the satellite xml.has anybody had this problem as well as me?

canthackit
12-09-10, 10:06
there is absolutely no fault with the Duo's tuner or the image's in that respect.

i would suggest you update your sat files and retune your positioner accordingly.

regards: canthackit

popol
12-09-10, 13:11
Thanks for your replies guys. @ fishlos I have done that with no luck.

basilyoung
12-09-10, 13:51
have you tried USALs??

also if USALS are set to yes, in the yuner config, saving a sat position will not wotrk, as USALS will over ride the setting

baz

popol
12-09-10, 14:55
'basilyoung. Thanks for your advice. My questions are. Do I have to store the sats individually? Once I store the positions, would enabling usals later interfere with the one I stored manually earlier?

popol
12-09-10, 20:10
Been working on this darn thing all afternoon and missed the footy. I have reset the motor(Technom..e) but it keeps going back to 39 degs east .Another strange thing is that I have transferred new setttings via editor but they are not showing on box after I have rebooted the Duo.

basilyoung
12-09-10, 20:54
if USALS are enabled, then the motor will be controlled by USALS, regardless of any saved positions
also why do you want to use a saved position, when USALS will sort it for you??
the only reason I can think of, is perhaps your dish set up is misaligned

baz

popol
12-09-10, 21:13
Thanks Basilyoung for the info. M8 the dish is aligned well. I used a Hummy 5400 before with it. When I first had the Duo it worked great until I changed images to see which one best suits me. The only other thing I can remember doing was to reset the motor with a pin when it was on 39 deg East.

basilyoung
12-09-10, 21:17
oh right

what you have done is set 39 degrees to zero
you need to move the motor to zerothe reset it again
you should then be sorted

baz

popol
13-09-10, 00:39
I give up.

basilyoung
13-09-10, 00:47
the resolve, is,nt to give up, the solution is simple

delete all your saved positions

drive the dish to its centre (zero position) reset the motor

then either use USALs
or find your sats, and save the positions ie: 28 beast = 28....39 east = 39

baz

canthackit
13-09-10, 05:38
just to reiterate what baz has said

"drive the dish to zero" usually 0.8 west (thor) or intellsat or whatever they call it nowadays is usually the point for the UK.

good luck mate, and non of this giving up talk ok ;)

regards: canthackit

popol
13-09-10, 16:21
Cheers Guys.got it sorted as you suggested.Followed Baz's instructions.
What I did was move the dish to 0.8 reset it. Turn box off. Unplug feed from box to motor for 1 minute. Plug it again. Turn box on then reset motor again at the spot (i.e 0.8) then loaded new settings and it is working until now. Thanks for your help again.
Now I'm off learning about cams etc as I have already enabled network etc.