PDA

View Full Version : Problem with sharpness

jerry2
25-10-12, 18:25
Hi there

I got gigablue quad and installed Open AAF on it, as it is the only Open 2.0 image there is currently.

I really love the HD glass skin, but I have a problem with the image (I guess with all skins, but on the HD glass it is very visible as the font is thin). When I reboot the GUI is like it would be heavily distorted somehow, it is not thin any more. I have to go to AV settings and choose 720p and then again 1080p and then it is usually ok, but today I got to a point I could not get the nice GUI any more. Changing skin didn't help. Going into standby and back it is OK. Any ideas? I don't think this is TV problem because the screen is always same, only GUI is bad.

There is also some image problems, I hope it can be software corrected. The channels are really much more "compressed" looking (especialy logo) than on my DM800HD :-(

Mr. Mister
25-10-12, 18:41
Most of your problems are drivers related..

We are all in the same boat at the moment..

We just have to wait for Gigablue to release a new set of drivers..

They sorted the SE and UE pretty quickly.. So i dont think we will have to wait too long for new drivers for the Quad.. That will hopefully fix all our problems..

jerry2
25-10-12, 19:18
So indeed you have all sort of wierd problems with picture/GUI too much or too little or too wierd sharpness or distortion?

The box seems great, just this is a little annoying but I'll wait. I just wish it is not hardware related.

What exactly are drivers? I mean they are not in the image, are they in the loader? I am not very familiar with Enigma or Linux kernel structure. Is driver = kernel? Or will the drivers be in the image once they are out? Are drivers preventing going to kernel 3?

Trial
25-10-12, 19:19
Hi,
in another board I read that new drivers are out and they should fix quite some bugs.

ciao

jerry2
25-10-12, 20:11
I have updated the drivers, this problem stil exists.

dreamsat
31-10-12, 19:55
jerry i got some drivers and for me the problem is solved. sharpness scaler works.

jerry2
31-10-12, 21:06
Sharpness of the picture is OK with new drivers, sharpness after reboot of gui and image is not fixed yet.

Likvid
01-11-12, 11:53
Does it only sharp the picture or does it actually fix the picture quality issues? that's one important thing.