PDA

View Full Version : How to install rytec XMLTV

jerry2
25-10-12, 07:09
Hi there

I would like to install the Rytec XMLTV plugin which worked like a charm on my old DM800. There is no such extension in the panel, so I tried to manually install the enigma2-plugin-extensions-xmltvimport_1.0-r36_mipsel.ipk

What I got is error:

satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for ....
libpython2.6-1.0 *

What does this means?

marty
25-10-12, 07:38
I use cross epg with mine, works great.

jerry2
25-10-12, 07:50
I don't like Cross EPG very much as it didn't work on DM800, I have to try it here. And it bothered me becaue when the sources are downloaded I can not switch channels etc. In the XMLTV one I could. I'll try on Quad though ;-)

I found out problem seems to be OE1.6 on openMips, I have tried installed the libraries for python by hand and it installed but it says can not find gzip when I go to green panel (extensions).

marty
25-10-12, 08:01
I don't like Cross EPG very much as it didn't work on DM800.

Big difference between a DM800 and a Quad :D
I used to use cross epg on my Duo too, no problems at all ;)

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 08:10
The succes of using Crtoss EPG is very much dependant on the EPG sources you have chosen to use. It's fine for Open-TV (and in fact there is no alternative for open-TV), but it fails when used for XMLTV-impor (due to the strange way of parsing being used by Cross, a huge amount of memory is required during this process).

So long story short: for Open-TV use Cross, for XMLTV use Rytec, for both use both (set at different times).

jerry2
25-10-12, 08:28
For my country there is really only one option: Rytec.

Now I installed Open AAF as it is OE2.0 and I see the XMLTV-Importer plugin, I install it but it is not there in the extensions, don't know what is wrong I have rebooted of course.

Bg difference between DM800 and quad yes ;-))) But still on kernel 2.6 as my HD800.

marty
25-10-12, 08:32
kernel 2.6 on the Quad too at this time.

jerry2
25-10-12, 08:41
I seem to install XMLTV now on Open AAF 2.0 but I can not find it in extensions at all. It seems to be installed, but I can find it nowhere. Wierd.

marty
25-10-12, 08:42
OK, I have been using OPEN-TV with Cross EPG so as a test I disabled OPEN-TV and used Rytec instead, again works with no problems.

OPEN-TV was a little quicker to download/parse but as the Quad has alot more "mussle" the Cross/Retec combo is fine.

jerry2
25-10-12, 08:44
Marty thanx. Could you tell me which image you use, Open AAF? Where di you "find" Rytec after installation, it is not in extensions!?

marty
25-10-12, 08:48
I'm using OPENMIPS.
CROSSEPG is under MENU/SETUP (I guess it would be the same in AFF, I didn't like AFF as alot was still in German dispite being set to English)

From there you can make CROSSEPG download Rytec sources ;)

If you go to MENU/SETUP/CrossEPG/Configure you can set it to show in extensions.

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 08:49
OK, I have been using OPEN-TV with Cross EPG so as a test I disabled OPEN-TV and used Rytec instead, again works with no problems.
Using how many providers?

marty
25-10-12, 08:55
Using how many providers?

TBH only one, I didn't think to try more. as my motor is dead.

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 09:00
TBH only one, I didn't think to try more.
Then it will indeed work just fine. The problem is in using more providers: the amount of data to be parsed and the way Cross parses require so much memory, that hardly any box will cope. Rytec does this in a much better way.

BTW and off topic: I'm surprised to see so many reports on dead motors. I use 2 for over 8 years already, and never had any problem (don't recall the brand, but they were very cheap, some €40).

marty
25-10-12, 09:09
BTW and off topic: I'm surprised to see so many reports on dead motors. I use 2 for over 8 years already, and never had any problem (don't recall the brand, but they were very cheap, some €40).

Mine started playing up last year (would only turn east every now and then) then stopped working alltogether this year. ATM I'm just using a fixed dish.
I might get another motor one day but most of what I watch is on one satellite so it isn't urgent. I think mine was a Motec SG-2100 or something like that.
My perants have a Duo with a motor that is a different brand but looks identical and when you turn the dish it never goes back to where it originally was, you have to adjust the long/lat settings once a week :) seems like it drifts.

Back on topic, if I have time (got work soon) I'll test CrossEPG with 3-4 providers :thumbsup:

jerry2
25-10-12, 09:21
My problem is I can install CrossEPG but I can not install Rytec XMTL plugin, it installs but it seems to be nowhere to be found :-(

marty
25-10-12, 09:25
My problem is I can install CrossEPG but I can not install Rytec XMTL plugin, it installs but it seems to be nowhere to be found :-(

You do not need the Rytec XMTL plugin when using CrossEPG, goto CrossEPG settings and you will see the option to use Rytec sources WITH CrossEPG ;)

marty
25-10-12, 09:28
Then it will indeed work just fine. The problem is in using more providers: the amount of data to be parsed and the way Cross parses require so much memory, that hardly any box will cope. Rytec does this in a much better way.

OK, I just tested CrossEPG using 4 Ryetc sources (Germany/ Italy/ France and UK) I must admit it did take a while at just over 20 mins :eek: but having said that if it is setup to update in the middle of the night it makes no real differance how long it takes ;)

jerry2
25-10-12, 09:43
I found the Rytec XMLTV plugin now, it is in system -> settings _> EPG -> XMLTV....

I dono't like Cross EPG ;-)

marty
25-10-12, 09:57
I found the Rytec XMLTV plugin now, it is in system -> settings _> EPG -> XMLTV....

I dono't like Cross EPG ;-)

I always used to use Rytec XMLTV plugin for along time (Used to have a DM800 clone, then a genuine Duo) but every now and then there would be problems with Rytec and as a result I had missed a few programs/recordings.
But CrossEPG with OPENTV sources seems more stable for me.

Anyway, glad you are sorted ;)

jerry2
25-10-12, 10:01
Hm, Cross EPG never worked and it didn't scrap in the background which I didn't like. I'll give that a try also ;-) Thanx for helping.

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 10:18
The XMLTV sources for both are the same. Rytec has now several websites, so if one is down, the others will normally take over.
Nevertheless: also when using XMLTV in Cross, the parsing takes much more resources then Rytec does.

jerry2
25-10-12, 10:20
The thing that bugged me is that both loose all EPG at restart of the machine and the Cross EPG is not multitasking (working in background). ALso the Corss didn't work on my DM800, the EPG was never shown (wierd) using Rytec.

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 10:41
The thing that bugged me is that both loose all EPG at restart of the machine ....
That has nothing to do with any plugin: once loaded all EPG data is in live-memory and Enigma has no knowledge of the origin.
If that happens it's a Enigma flaw, possibly driver related.

marty
25-10-12, 10:49
Force EPG reload on boot fixes that ;)

jerry2
25-10-12, 11:04
Where is this setup, in Cross EPG or some system settings?

marty
25-10-12, 11:06
CrossEPG/Configuration :)

jerry2
25-10-12, 11:26
Ahhh, maybe I switch to cross EPG after all. I have set in system settings of EPG to store EPG data to HDD and to load it but when rebooted still everything is lost.

But Gigablue Quad is so fast it takes a minute to refresh all, so it is not much of a problem ;-))) Switching channels and cursor down is so fast...

But my MP4 files are kind of a slow motion playing, I can not say they are stuttering but definitely not smooth play, like there was some ghosting effect. Maybe I open another topic.

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 11:26
Force EPG reload on boot fixes that ;)
That shouldn't be needed: it's standard E2 behaviour to read epg.dat on start up.

marty
26-10-12, 08:47
That shouldn't be needed: it's standard E2 behaviour to read epg.dat on start up.

My EPG was empty on reboots until I enabled that option.
Maybe its down to the image? :confused:

jerry2
26-10-12, 09:23
I still have it empty every time because Rytec does not have this option.

Rob van der Does
26-10-12, 09:31
My EPG was empty on reboots until I enabled that option.
Maybe its down to the image? :confused:
OK, maybe it's not default E2 behaviour but default E2 behaviour of PLi-based images.

jerry2
26-10-12, 09:37
Isn't the Open AAF based on PLI? I have DM800HD and I have SIFTeam image there and it is also loosing EPG when reboot.