PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue HD800SE] network mount

browneyes1888
24-10-12, 21:51
hey guys just looking for a wee bit of help regarding network mounted laptop hdd
ive got everything working as such with my gigablue 800se being able to access my movies on lappy
but only issue i got is the smaller video files like walking dead epsiodes play perfect but larger movies seem to move in slow motion for a few seconds every minute:(
just wondering if theres anythign i can do to fix the jittering on movies of around 700mbit and over??

judge
24-10-12, 22:04
I'd suggest it's a streaming issue on your network.
If you copy the files to a local drive available to the gigablue, do you have the same issue?
I've been watching newest walking dead episodes in mp4 format from my lappy to duo without any issues over wireless, much smaller downloads...

browneyes1888
24-10-12, 22:20
i only have a small usb drive so not tried any files over 700mbit
as i say small files go over wireless fine like 500mbit 40min epsiodes of walking dead ect but films like proethues at 1.5gig just go slow motion for a few secs every min whihc is a ball buster lol
i have fast wirless on lappy and virgin router that can handle like 300mbit so its not going to be that:(

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 06:30
i have fast wirless on lappy and virgin router that can handle like 300mbit so its not going to be that:(
Advertise marks and real life are not the same thing. HD via wireless is virtually impossible.

browneyes1888
25-10-12, 11:43
so they stream on my xbox and ps3 and its impossible on gigablue/vix? in real life that is?

Rob van der Does
25-10-12, 11:48
so they stream on my xbox and ps3 and its impossible on gigablue/vix? in real life that is?
Not sure. Is it 'on' or 'from' the GigaBlue?
Are the other devices using the same WLAN-module? WLAN-results can vary very much between devices/locations.

browneyes1888
25-10-12, 12:28
nah i have a laptop that has all movies ect on its main hdd,from there i can access them from my ps3 or xbox flawlessly and thats even on files upto 10gig ect
but when i try to access the files on laptop from the giga blue only small files work with no issues the larger ones even just 700meg jitter:(
all i have on my lan is my xbox/ps3/laptop and gigablue
with only thing wirless is the laptop all others are hard wired

andyblac
27-10-12, 19:03
i only have a small usb drive so not tried any files over 700mbit
as i say small files go over wireless fine like 500mbit 40min epsiodes of walking dead ect but films like proethues at 1.5gig just go slow motion for a few secs every min whihc is a ball buster lol

you have to remember usb2 is max 400mbits, that includes overheads ;)

browneyes1888
27-10-12, 20:26
yep so if its 400mbit a secnond and a film is 700mbit in theory it can stream the whole movie over in 2 seconds
even at its worst at 50mbit a second it should in theory stream no problems
it works on my ps3 and xbox under the exact same conditions so must either be a bottle neck on the gigablue or the image not sure wot it is

abu baniaz
27-10-12, 20:40
Differnece in bits and bytes.

abu baniaz
27-10-12, 20:43
Differnece in bits and bytes.

You can find out/convert here
http://www.matisse.net/bitcalc/?input_amount=700&input_units=megabytes&notation=legacy

browneyes1888
27-10-12, 22:53
so just so i can get this right some are sayign i cant stream a 1gig movie file because my virgin hub cant handle the stream rate??????
but it works on ps3 and xbox?
also if it cant handle the stream rate why can i access 1channell and stream from the internet the same film but not from my local hdd on my lappy?

Rob van der Does
28-10-12, 05:02
so just so i can get this right some are saying i cant stream a 1gig movie file because my virgin hub cant handle the stream rate?
The size of a file has nothing to do with 'stream rate'.

but it works on ps3 and xbox?
also if it cant handle the stream rate why can i access 1channell and stream from the internet the same film but not from my local hdd on my lappy?
Not sure: maybe buffering is done different? And also not sure if the internet-film has the same bandwith requirements? Is it in the same format?

It's also (even very) possible that the codec used are not (fully) compatible with your STB. This is a common problem, as STB's can only decode in hardware and thus have a very limited amount of codecs (+ the fact that the correct codec-settings should be adhered to).
Copy a recording made by your STB to your PC, and see if streaming that goes well.