PDA

View Full Version : Why the TM box over vu+ Duo??

josh_g
24-10-12, 12:20
Nice and easy question to answer..

i was allways swaying towards the Vu+ Duo box as its got loads of good reviews and really good support from Vix (the image i want) but now im hearing good things about the TM-Twin! i know the is a big thing around Vix support for this box but.......

why should i choose this box over the Duo?

Any help very welcomed

Stanman
24-10-12, 18:31
Its newer with better spec - more ram but than DUO is a proven performer

demented
27-10-12, 15:10
I was just about to buy the VU+ Duo and found out about this receiver from the WOS mail out this morning. Does any know how the picture quality of the Technomate compares to the VU+ Duo? I currently have a Skybox F3 and the picture is very poor when compared to my Sky+HD box.

Larry-G
27-10-12, 15:11
picture quality for me is on par with the Vu+ Duo using HDMI.

demented
27-10-12, 17:04
Thanks Phoenix, I'm very tempted. Another question, is it able to stream content to an iOS device as well? That's the other feature I after.

Stanman
27-10-12, 19:13
Its a proper E2 box from them. I don't have one but going by every other E2 box, you should be able to using dreamdroid and such like over WIFI locally but probably not outside your house - that depends on your connection speed

abu baniaz
27-10-12, 19:23
I can confirm Dreamdroid works, even enigma sat meter.

However, if you are not in a rush, it may be better waiting for a 2T. There are a few on ebay although I would wait until the forum sponsor has them in stock.

Stanman
27-10-12, 19:24
Is that not the cut down version of the twin?

abu baniaz
27-10-12, 19:35
These are the specs, it uses the same enclosure and vfd as the TM 800 and 500 super. ( Makes sense in terms of costs and longetivity of PSU support). The fan is at the rear. TM have even uploaded a 4D (aka DAGS image makers variable name) image on the site that is not theirs. With a slight modification, the Twin "openvix" images work on it. Beyond me though.

http://download.for-better.biz/bbs/reply.php?board=tmtwinoe&num=34

Digital Satellite Receiver DVB-S2
TM-2T OE
HD DVB-S/DVB-S2 Satellite Twin Tuner
MPEG-4, H.264 & MPEG-2 Compliant
405MHz Dual Core MIPS Processor
8GB NAND Flash & 3GB DDR Ram
Ethernet Communication Port
1 Smart Card Reader
3x USB 2.0 Ports (1 in front & 2 in rear)
Support Internal 2.5" SATA HDD
HDMI Output
1x Scart & RCA
RF Modulator
VFD Display
Unlimited Channel Memory
Super Sensitive Tuner
Internal power supply
Dolby Digital Plus Optical S/PDIF
Multi-Language OSD Menus
0.5W Standby

judge
27-10-12, 19:55
The Twin is turning out to be a cracking box with latest builds & drivers.

abu baniaz
27-10-12, 20:09
They said they will fix the TM800. People will not trust them until they do. They quote memory in bits when everyone does bytes.

I am glad I stuck to the Twin. It knocks socks off an 800se.

demented
27-10-12, 20:09
Thanks everyone, sounds like I have a decision to make.

Huevos
27-10-12, 23:31
why should i choose this box over the Duo?TBH, putting the spec sheets to one side, if you used both boxes blind you would be hard pushed to tell which one you were using.

judge
27-10-12, 23:51
why should i choose this box over the Duo?
Personally, I wouldn't until recently.
But that's down to me loving VU/build quality/support/VIX image.
The TM Twin, when it works well (which it does now) is a great box.
The drivers have improved massively in the last week alone, if the box supported USB tuners it would probably become my main viewing box.
It's now faster than my DUO for booting & channel zapping.

Rob van der Does
28-10-12, 05:28
IMHO fast booting is of no importance at all; zapping speed is the same as the DUO.
The fact that the Twin has some more flash available might be of importance: the DUO is a bit low on that (due to the way the flash has been divided; sometimes resulting in problems).

josh_g
29-10-12, 16:19
thanks for all the feedback gys.

i have decided to go with the TM-Twin and will be ordering it from WOS on Wednesday as they have offered me a really good deal!