PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Media on hdd/movie directory help

mickyblueys
23-10-12, 17:16
When in my hdd/movie directory I sort it using the blue button in reverse chronological order (e.g. Newest recordings at the bottom). My problem is that sometimes but not always which makes it strange, the sort order changes back to the default chronological order (newest recordings at the top). why does this happen, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

My wife and young daughter are not very technical minded. I have visions of them deleting my recordings, that's why I like my newest ones at the bottom and it's what they are used to on our sly HD box upstairs.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
23-10-12, 17:24
The sorting is done and remembered per folder. So you can have different settings in different (sub-)folders.

mickyblueys
23-10-12, 17:37
The sorting is done and remembered per folder. So you can have different settings in different (sub-)folders.

I know that I've got sub folders assigned differently, but why does this folder keep forgetting my sort selection.

Rob van der Does
23-10-12, 17:58
It shouldn't forget the setting. Only if the box has no write rights on a folder, that will happen.

mickyblueys
23-10-12, 18:49
It shouldn't forget the setting. Only if the box has no write rights on a folder, that will happen.

How do I check this then. Because honestly mine is forgetting.

Rob van der Does
23-10-12, 19:04
Look at the properties. Or try to make a file or folder via FTP.

mickyblueys
23-10-12, 20:00
Look at the properties. Or try to make a file or folder via FTP.

I've made several folders already through ftp. As I've transferred most of my video collection over to my duo hdd.

Rob van der Does
23-10-12, 20:33
Was that from and by the box? as it is the box that needs write access.

mickyblueys
23-10-12, 22:02
I've made folders in the PC and sent over and folders on the box. But the folder that I'm having the problem with is the default hdd/movie folder.
The one with the Trash can.

Rob van der Does
23-10-12, 22:09
OK, that one should be writeable for sure......
Is there a file with the name '.e2settings.pkl' in the folder? And is it updated when you change the ordering?

Tkr001
23-10-12, 22:53
It happens to me on my Duo and Solos. It seems to be after an online update.

mickyblueys
24-10-12, 06:50
OK, that one should be writeable for sure......
Is there a file with the name '.e2settings.pkl' in the folder? And is it updated when you change the ordering?

I'll check this afternoon when I get home thanks.

Rob van der Does
26-10-12, 11:58
I forgot to say that there is also a menu-option that has to be taken into account: Movie list --> Menu --> Settings --> Remember these settings for each folder

Sorry for my bad memory (lost memories :confused: ).

mickyblueys
26-10-12, 13:30
I forgot to say that there is also a menu-option that has to be taken into account: Movie list --> Menu --> Settings --> Remember these settings for each folder

Sorry for my bad memory (lost memories :confused: ).

How will that work if I want reverse chronological order for the default recording directory, but I would like alphabetical order for my sub directories which have my ftp avi files from my PC.

Hope that makes sense.....

Rob van der Does
26-10-12, 13:47
The English text is slightly wrong: it should be 'remember the settings for each folder -- Yes/No'.
Hope that makes it clear.

mickyblueys
26-10-12, 13:49
The English text is slightly wrong: it should be 'remember the settings for each folder -- Yes/No'.

I'll give it a go when I get home thank you

mickyblueys
26-10-12, 16:43

Have tried this setting. Still didn't work the way I hoped. I had it set to"yes"and it still looses the reverse chronological setting in the /hdd/movie folder once every so often. But keeps sub folders alphabetically.

Setting to "no" locked the folder and it's sub folders to the same sort setting. E.g. all folders sorted to reverse chronological.

Rob van der Does
26-10-12, 16:53
Then I really don't understand what's going on in your setup: works like a charm here, for all locations and all folders.

mickyblueys
26-10-12, 17:05
Then I really don't understand what's going on in your setup: works like a charm here, for all locations and all folders.

I'll keep monitoring it and hopefully it may sort (pardon the pun) itself out. With an update or something.