PDA

View Full Version : Transfer speed

malaj
23-10-12, 11:46
Hello, I need your help as I have searched in forum without hints..

I have installed 1 TB to my receiver and it is connected to my local LAN. I can connect receiver from PC via ftp and have transferred data. Yesterday I found out that transfer speed is only 4-5 mb/s. and it is very slow. I can transfer 4 GB in 20 min. I thought transfer speed should be higher. Can you give me some idea to solve my problem.

I use latest VIX 3.0

Trial
23-10-12, 14:26
Hi,
transfer speed should be around 10MByte/sec if everything is connected via REAL cable. What do you want to copy from ? to ?

ciao

malaj
24-10-12, 07:04
Yesterday I connected receiver directly to my receiver and get 10 mb/s. The bottleneck is Powerline i use at home. Powerline support up to 200 mbit, but have not really find why Powrline reduce the speed... Maybe you can help if you use Powerline TP-LINK TL-PA211.

Trial
24-10-12, 07:24
Hi,
powerline is a bit like WiFi the devices are lying. If they show you 200MBit it is including overhead and if you are lucky you get half the speed they show. Typical power line tips are avoid multiple socket outlet or try a different outlet for power line. Expensive tip which might have no result use 500MBit. Quite cheap tip but with a lot of work use real cable.

ciao

Rob van der Does
24-10-12, 07:48
Basically the advertisement of those devices adds the (theoretical maximum) upload and the download speed (including overhead).
So an uploadspeed of 100Mb/s and an downloadspeed of the same will result in advertised 200Mb/s :confused: