PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo keeps resetting itself after latest VIX update

Chips
22-10-12, 22:37
I was away for a week and when I switched on my solo today, the package software light was flashing. I downloaded the latest Vix software using the System Menu (never thought to check what build it was !). Now the Solo just keeps resetting itself. When it reboots, the picture stays on for about 10 seconds, then I get a message saying there is a software problem and the box needs to reset. It mentions the component NetworkBrowser.

It tells me to send the logfile to
acid-burn@opendreambox.org. I have done that but I'm attaching the file here as well, in case anybody else has experienced anything similar.

The Solo was working fine before I downloaded the Vix update - so I don't think it's anything wrong at my end - but you never know.

Rob van der Does
23-10-12, 05:25
I suggest to flash the box with the latest ViX (3.0-381).
As you have no idea about the previous image version, I suggest not to restore any settings, but to start fresh.

Larry-G
23-10-12, 17:25
I was away for a week and when I switched on my solo today, the package software light was flashing. I downloaded the latest Vix software using the System Menu (never thought to check what build it was !). Now the Solo just keeps resetting itself. When it reboots, the picture stays on for about 10 seconds, then I get a message saying there is a software problem and the box needs to reset. It mentions the component NetworkBrowser.

It tells me to send the logfile to
acid-burn@opendreambox.org. I have done that but I'm attaching the file here as well, in case anybody else has experienced anything similar.

The Solo was working fine before I downloaded the Vix update - so I don't think it's anything wrong at my end - but you never know.

That email address harks back to the original DM days and is no longer valid. send all of your crash long to us either via the inbuilt Logs manager in the image or by directly uploading them here.