PDA

View Full Version : vu+ problems

satline23
11-09-10, 16:44
Hi there
can anyone tell me how i set my vu box up to receive two satellite as the i'm trying to record one program and watch a another on my box is as port a to receive single sat and port b to watch other sats i'm trying to move my dish so i can watch another channel on the same sat but let me
thanks
satline23

grtmoby
11-09-10, 16:48
hello satline

are you having two feeds connected to the duo or just one. if two, are they one same lnb and dish or two different ones.

try to tell us more about ur setup and parts so we can understand and help

satline23
11-09-10, 18:34
Hi grtmoby
I have two feeds one sky dish and one from motorised dish i had one these vu before it was set up so when i record one program the the other dish would to 28 degs so i can watch
another program on the same sat hope this explains my problem.
Thanks Lot
satline23

grtmoby
11-09-10, 18:44
well, it is supposed that if u r recording one channel using ur fixed dish, u can watch another using the motorized dish with no problems.

satline23
11-09-10, 19:03
grtmoby
It will not work my dish works alright when it moves to other sats but not 28e and yet it worked before ive tryed it by taken the feed off 28e and the dish moves to 28e
Thanks
satline23

grtmoby
11-09-10, 19:09
r u sure u correctly set 28 on ur tuner for the motorized dish.

Sicilian
13-09-10, 07:24
Not sure if the OP is sorted or not, but heres a couple of screenshots with the correct settings: -

Tuner A Fixed dish
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=381

Tunber B motor dish, use your own long and latt settings
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=382

paul362
13-09-10, 08:08
Sic sorry to jump in here but ive always had TUNER A as motorised and Tuner B as fixed ! does it make any difference now im using VIX ?? as i noticed yesterday that it had started recording something on s*y and used tuner A so i could not move the dish ? tuner B was not in use so allowed me to watch whatever but only on 28.2 (tuner B is fixed dish) ??

Sicilian
13-09-10, 12:51
Having the fixed dish tuner A would mean that tuner A the fixed dish get prioritised for recordings/viewing 28.2 leaving the motor spare for anything.

dfdream
13-09-10, 13:03
The only reasons the motorised tuner would get priority is if the fixed tuner was in use at the time or the settings in Menu>Setup>System>Customise (i think) has prefered tuner set to tunerB or the motorised dish tuner instead of auto.

Another issue might be that the program might actually be on 28.5 not 28.2 (if you dont have a single sat entry for 28e) and moves the motor instead of using fixed.

Check in you Sats list if you have a 28.2 sat and a 28.5 sat. If yes you need to set fixed dish tuner to diseqc a/b with 28.2 as one entry and 28.5 as the other.

D

micscave
13-09-10, 14:35
I've found this to be the case too. I've got A as motor & B as fixed 28.2 East. If I'm watching a program on 28.2 & a timer kicks in on a different channel on 28.2 then it will be tuner A used for recording so as not to change channel whilst you're watching something. I would prefer the recording to take place on fixed tuner really so I might try swapping the tuners around as sic suggests if this works.

Cheers

Sicilian
13-09-10, 14:56
I've found this to be the case too. I've got A as motor & B as fixed 28.2 East. If I'm watching a program on 28.2 & a timer kicks in on a different channel on 28.2 then it will be tuner A used for recording so as not to change channel whilst you're watching something. I would prefer the recording to take place on fixed tuner really so I might try swapping the tuners around as sic suggests if this works.

Cheers

Let me know your findings, I always found that this was Tuner A get prioritised for 28deg.

paul362
13-09-10, 15:18
Ill switch mine around now and see what happens over the coming days.