PDA

View Full Version : Vu Ultimo - Random Tuner Assignment Loss/Picture

nsharma
22-10-12, 18:07
Hi,

As a newbie, I would like some help in undertsanding on the loss of a tuner assignment (picture loss) randomly on some of the channels on Astra 19.2E. A few months ago, I thought this had been solved, but unfortunately it has resurfaced again.

The Vu Ultimo receiver has BH176 with Triple S/S2 tuners which are directly connected to a quad input LNB (have tried loop-through option as well). I have tried rebooting the receiver and still the problem persists and I cannot establish any pattern as to what could be the random cause of this. I also noticed that sometimes the EPG data is missing for the corresponding channel.

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

Huevos
23-10-12, 21:33
Can you try to explain your problem fully without any jargon, because right now your post is double dutch, which is why you haven't had any replies.

Stanman
23-10-12, 21:40
When you lost signal did you do a E2 reboot or reboot on its own?

nsharma
24-10-12, 16:44
Sorry about this. Essentially, there is picture loss due to the receiver not being able to "lock" onto one of 3 installed tuners. These 3 tuners (A,B,C) installed in the receiver are all setup to point to a single satellite (Astra 19.2E) with their own indiviudal feeds from the quattro LNB.

However, I have upgraded the drivers and the firmware on the receiver and then rebooted. This has made the issue more predictable. In other words, I when the problem happens (ie. picture loss), I need to disable and re-enable the last Tuner (Tuner C) which resolves the issue.