PDA

View Full Version : greyed ou channels t with err msg "service unavailable check tuner configuration"

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 14:03
this issue is driving me crazy but im determined to find the cause of issue
let me explain the issue

it all started when i updated my channel list using rats dw updater originally all channels were fine but after the update i found that the sly sports active stream (1-13) became greyed out with err msg "service unavailable check tuner configuration"
sly sports active 15-18 were still ok.

i thought was issue with rats latest release/update but this may not be case..

my box as original vu+duo on vix3.0 i have also tried 4 vu+ clones vix 2.4 now 2 of them have same issue being greyed and 2 of them updated and work ok with these channels (all on same build of image)
i also flased 4 dm800SE this week usiong open pli image all had the same issue being grayed out

its not a tuner scan issue as if i goto channel list all(red) then the channels are listed there 1471,1472 etc.. (i think) and will play fine

ive also tried updating the satellite.xml file also that made no difference

im baffelled whats causing issue especially as i programmed two vu+ clones identical and one was ok and 1 greyed them out.... im not only one other forum members have same issue and some dont.. i know there is a new lazards method i can use but i really want to get to bottom of this

i also tried manually scanning aswell
please suggestions guys...

Larry-G
21-10-12, 14:09
well before we go any further i'll point out the obvious that we dont support clones here, and i know you were not asking for support for them but i'm just pointing that out now there wont be any more mention of clones in this thread otherwise i'll close it.

what bouquet packs have you tried if any other than rats ?. you also said that you had updated the satellites.xml file but which one as all pli and pli based images have two locations for this file, one being the system file which is updated and overwritten upon every update of the image and the second being a user file which takes over from the system file if present and is not overwritten unless you do it your self.

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 16:05
well before we go any further i'll point out the obvious that we dont support clones here, and i know you were not asking for support for them but i'm just pointing that out now there wont be any more mention of clones in this thread otherwise i'll close it.

what bouquet packs have you tried if any other than rats ?. you also said that you had updated the satellites.xml file but which one as all pli and pli based images have two locations for this file, one being the system file which is updated and overwritten upon every update of the image and the second being a user file which takes over from the system file if present and is not overwritten unless you do it your self.

hi
i also tried sgt flipflops channel list although it laid out the channel names differently (ie on his he didnt name them 1-18) however they were still greyed out.. the satellites.xml i put in etc/tuxbox. this on was on vu+

just really odd the error happened after i used rats dw updater tried to manually put older channel list on but same thing.. other people are reporting same issue but some are ok .. and ive witnessed it myself with with some vu+ being ok and some not being ok really struggling to find out whats casuing the issue

the channels are scanned ccoz if i goto red(all) in channel list (rather than blue (favorites) and look up the greyed out channels they are there..

Larry-G
21-10-12, 16:09
Try this.

Download a new satellites.xml file from here

http://satellites-xml.org/

select to use only known working transponders.
FTP the satellites.xml file to
etc/enigma2 Then restart enigma.

The above location is the user location, unlike the default system location, this one will not be overwritten by rats updater and will take precedence over the system file until such a time as you update it or remove it.

Larry-G
21-10-12, 16:12
The other reason for this could be that they are incorrectly being detected as data channels, you can check this in DBE although i'm not really sure how as i'm at work and dont have those kinds of programs on this laptop.

Rob van der Does
21-10-12, 16:23
Did you check your tunerconfiguration?

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 17:40
yes tuner setup as
simple
single
diseqC no

i copied the satellite.xml file from working box into etc/tuxbox b4 but will try that (and also a new one ) in the etc/enigma2 folder instead

also checked in DBedit the active1-13 are setup same as 15-18(which work) but i did change data/tv tried both and made no difference

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 18:14
tried new satellte.xml gave restart still no difference

Larry-G
21-10-12, 18:18
Try a rescan now with the new satellites.xml file.

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 18:23
did rescan the channels in teh channel list go white (i thought yey) but try to select it i get error message and they revert back to grey

Larry-G
21-10-12, 18:43
i have just checked my Ultimo and after just doing a scan there are 8 sky sports interactive channels numbered 1471 to 1479 and all work.

frequency details as follows.

1471 to 1479
12070 pol H. SR:27500 FEC:2/3

check your's match.

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 19:48
i have just checked my Ultimo and after just doing a scan there are 8 sky sports interactive channels numbered 1471 to 1479 and all work.

frequency details as follows.

1471 to 1479
12070 pol H. SR:27500 FEC:2/3

check your's match.

yes these are details of the greyed out channels. just checked with working box but on the non working box with the greyed out channels in the channel list it wont display any transponder info but if i goto all(red button) as you said the services are listed 1471-1485 and will play fine so god knows why they dont work on the channel list bouquets
all looks ok in DB edit also

maybe someone can try it on their box? using rats bouquets

Larry-G
21-10-12, 20:15
if there working from the all channels list ( red ) but not the bouquet list ( blue ). the problem lies with the bouquet pack it self.

johndigital
21-10-12, 20:15
could you delete non working then manually add 1471 to 1485 manually to the bouquet?

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 20:17
if there working from the all channels list ( red ) but not the bouquet list ( blue ). the problem lies with the bouquet pack it self.

thats what i thought however on 2 boxes it works ok
ive also opened the bouquet on DBedit then manually added a couple of the channels e.g 1471,1472 then ftp it back to my box but even they show as greyout

Larry-G
21-10-12, 20:18
could you delete non working then manually add 1471 to 1485 manually to the bouquet?

yes that should work.

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 20:32
i already tried that they appeared grey

johndigital
21-10-12, 20:42
did you manually add with remote or dbe?

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 20:58
did you manually add with remote or dbe?

i used dbedit how do i add manually to the correct boquet?

judge
21-10-12, 21:01
Highlight the channel, press menu -> enable move mode.

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 21:42
Highlight the channel, press menu -> enable move mode.

only option i see is "add service to bouquet" that sound right?

the other options were:
settings
show transponder info
set as startup service
add to parental protection
add service to bouquet
play as picture in picture
back

judge
21-10-12, 21:47
Try doing it from your last scanned bouquet & you should have the move mode & enable bouquet edit along with a few other options.

johndigital
21-10-12, 21:55
bring up the channel that is grey and select it
do the same but instaead of selecting it press red for all services
then use the add to boquet option to add necessary channel
then use enable move to put in correct postion
in boquets delete using remote the channels that are grey.
hope this helps

s1m0nw
21-10-12, 22:11
Anytime i had this fault it was either because i didnt have lamedb and satellites.xml files also powering box off amd back on.

But that was on all channels

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 22:45
whats lamedb ?? another file i can try copying from a working box

grantsmith82
21-10-12, 23:06
ok guy what ive done is opened rats latest update in dbedit and moved 1471,1472 etc over and reflashed and they do actually work ...

so what would be the issue for the sly sports active 1-13 not working and being greyed yet sly sports active 15-18 are ok (and they all look setup the same in DBedit

judge
21-10-12, 23:17
You seem to be going to a lot of trouble for a bad bouquet. Fresh flash, run the autobouquets plugin & all should be sorted?

Rob van der Does
22-10-12, 06:27
Going through this post I'm really lost: what are you after? Why are you spending so much time on ruining all kinds of files on your STB for things that really work flawless out of the box? There are plenty of good working settings files available from the feeds, that make your box work in a couple of seconds. Or, if you're only after UK-channels: there's AutoBouquets that also gives you a working box in a short time!
Please don't forget: if channels are 'greyed out' there's a mismatch between your lamedb and your channellist and/or your tunerconfig. The satellites.xml has nothing to do with it: only the satellite positions from that list are being used.

So my suggestion is: stop annouying yourself with all kinds of stuff and install a ready to use settingslist.
Please remember that on ViX-images both the settings and the satellites.xml go to etc/enigma2