PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] VIX EPG Settings

thejoker
20-10-12, 23:04
Just want to verify epg settings and what they actually mean. Sometimes my epg does not update each week and sometimes I wake up and it is stuck on openvix boot screen, probably happening during epg update at 4am.

EPG location media/hdd
Automatic Refresh Yes
Automatic Save Yes

These are the three options I changed in EPG settings, location is correct I know that but are the second two supposed to be Yes?

Cross EPG, OpenTV, 28.2, Enable & Download

Configure
Enable csv import Yes
Force epg reload on boot Yes

Scheduled download at 05.00 once a day

Now what does csv import mean and is it correct for epg reload to be changed to Yes

I have scheduled download at 5am once a day, and it seems to crash the box during that update, last night it didnt even do the update. So not sure what to do now...

judge
20-10-12, 23:08
The VU Solo is limited on memory & does suffer on various EPG downloads.
Have you tried using a swap file?

thejoker
20-10-12, 23:17
No idea what a swap file is...lol

judge
20-10-12, 23:32
Menu -> Setup -> VIX -> Swap Manager.
Try creating one & reporting back to see if it resolves your issues.

thejoker
21-10-12, 00:16
Cheers mate, found it ok. But I still have no idea what it means or the purpose of it....found this googling but still dont comprehend....??

ViX Team Swap Manager - Allows you to create/use swap files on usb/hdd, and also allows you to use swap partitions.

judge
21-10-12, 00:27
The swap file/partition gives the box more memory when needed, shouldn't be needed but might help others track down your issue if it works.

Rob van der Does
21-10-12, 06:39
Automatic Refresh Yes
Automatic Save Yes
should best be left to default (= no) as it is meant for other boxes using the same data.

thejoker
21-10-12, 10:12
What is csv import?

machare
21-10-12, 14:51
csv = comma separated variable. It is a file format normally used to import data into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.