PDA

View Full Version : loading a new plugin

vrlika
20-10-12, 13:56
I want to load a plugin manually which is originaly for dreambox800 but being E2 I presume that it would work for vu duo too.
Its called (NETTVPLUSPLAYER.ipk) and it should be downloaded to the root directory of the usb stick and then loaded via software manager , software extension, then load the plugin so it appears in the menu.
every time I do it it says there is nothing on the usb flash drive not sure wot format or wot Im doing wrong?
perhaps need to create a new folder inside the vu duo root folder ?
cheers

Stanman
20-10-12, 13:58
Which image vix? if so - AT YOUR OWN RISK, FTP into TMP folder and than blue button>VIX>install local extensions and it will be showing in there.

vrlika
20-10-12, 14:15
latest vti image but the file has ipk ending to laod it manually of the usb stick its just the vu duo wont recognise the file .

Larry-G
20-10-12, 14:45
as stanman said you have to FTP the .ipk file to the /tmp folder then go to blue button> ViX> install local extension. be aware though that this plugin could have unforeseen negative affects.

Rob van der Does
20-10-12, 16:54
Please upload the plugin her so I can have a look.

vrlika
20-10-12, 18:12
how do i upload it ?
thanx

vrlika
20-10-12, 18:30
this the plugin file I am trying to load.

Rob van der Does
20-10-12, 18:36
Before looking into it: what's it supposed to do?

vrlika
20-10-12, 18:39
its a plugin for pay internet tv but ones installed i need to then obtain a valid key from the iptv company for it to be active.
it is meant for dreambox 800 but like to try it in vuduo too being E2.
cheers

Rob van der Does
20-10-12, 18:49
OK, I just tried it, but it seems to be incompatible with ViX.

vrlika
20-10-12, 19:12
thanx for trying its not compatable with vuduo then.
regards

Rob van der Does
20-10-12, 20:45
thanx for trying its not compatable with vuduo then.
regards
Well, I think it's not compatible with ViX. It might be compatible with OI or VTi.

vrlika
20-10-12, 21:21
I have VTI image and it says "No displayable files on this medium found !" but if it should work on dreambox 800 why it doesnt like Vu+?
This plugin is an option to view pay iptv with active subscription key which shows premier league matches on your receiver.
nettvplusplayer.

judge
20-10-12, 21:26
are you sure you are uploading it to the correct location for your image to see it?

vrlika
20-10-12, 21:29
as soon as it reads the usb stick that message appears.
I am curious if this file needs a little tweek so its readable on vu or its just designed for dream ?
this is the link to instructions and the file

http://en.nettvplus.com/dreambox_player.html

Rob van der Does
21-10-12, 06:06
I can only repeat what I said above: it's probably nothing to do with Dream/VU/whatever which brand, but with the image used.
My little experiment learned it to be not compatible with ViX; that's really all I can say. Maybe on other (OI-based?) images it could work.

BTW: Installing isn't really needed: unzip the plugin and just copy the folder in the plugin to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\nettvpl ayer

And for any further information or enhancement of the plugin it's best to address to the supplier.

Trial
21-10-12, 07:44
Hi,
this plugin looks as if it is intended for OE 1.6 of dreambox which means it is for the wrong Python version. There are two compiled Python files without the source so I think no chance with ViX 3.x but perhaps with 2.4.

ciao

vrlika
22-10-12, 08:57
I asked the supplier about this plugin and they said its compatable with Gemini 5.1 image on dream so which image would be like for like on Vu ?

Larry-G
22-10-12, 09:27
There is no gemeni image for the Vu as far as i know. try the original Vu image or one based on it such as black hole or VTI.

Trial
22-10-12, 10:01
Hi,
Gemini 5.1 is old OE 1.6 which is not compatible with Python 2.7 all newer images, also for dreamboxes, are using. The supplier should make an upgrade to Python 2.7 to.

ciao

Rob van der Does
22-10-12, 12:04
In the plugin all the source files are present, so the Python version doesn't seem to be the culprit.
But there's more to it, to make a 'deep-diving' plugin like this one compatible with a PLi 3 based image.

So I stick to my earlier advise: use OI or VTi and see how that goes.

Trial
22-10-12, 18:51
Hi Rob,
but perhaps in the wrong directory. Perhaps copying numbers.py and decimal.py also to simplejson can help. In simplejson are only pyos and the pys are in the plugin directory if they are the same. Worth a try.

ciao