PDA

View Full Version : New user: How to specify a NAS drive for timer recordings?

polomora
20-10-12, 07:36
As a recent VU+ Duo owner with ViX installed, I have been very impressed with channel selection and EPG navigation. I found it more intuitive than OpenPLi.

Before installing an internal HDD, I wanted to see how recording to and playing back from a NAS drive works. I wasn't able to specify the network share for event and timeshift recording.

I specified the mount point to use using

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Mount Manager -> Add new network mount point
I verified that the share is mounted and is marked as active using

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Mount Manager -> Mountpoints management
I tried to select this share mount point for use by recordings

Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording Settings -> Default movie location
This is pre-initialised to /hdd/movies. When I press OK to select the location, the box displays

Default movie location
/hdd/movie/
- <Parent Directory>
- .Trash
---------------------