PDA

View Full Version : Assistance required on EPG Setup & Channel configuration

digicell
11-09-10, 11:31
Hello all,

I am using VIX Image on VU+Duo and I am trying to get my channel listed similar to that of sky.

Unfortunately when I upload the Sky bouquet list (downloaded from here) it shows the sky numbers but it has numbers before the sky numbers so doesnt properly work.. How do I delete these numbers at the front??

Can someone shed some light on how to DELETE channels using the dreamboxedit - I deleted some channels I dont want (adult) but when i upload them it comes back on again?

My EPG displays no listings either :(

Would greatly appreicate any help with this please?

pooface
12-09-10, 12:08
Dunno about the channels changing numbers. Once you delete a channel, maybe you need to reconfigure all the numbers?!

In regards to epg, have you actually downloaded any yet?! Press blue, go to epg grabber, press blue again to choose the sources, choose the epg data you want do download (would recommend the satmate epg for sky uk), once you've chosen the ones you want, save it (green), then press yellow to do a manual download. To get it to download on a daily basis, change the daily automatic import option, and the time you want it to download...

grtmoby
12-09-10, 12:23
i made a detailed post on how to delete channels in another thread u were posting there....

Stanman
13-09-10, 10:54
To get rid of the channel numbers in front of the channel name use dreamset, it will delete the no and only show channel names on the LCD screen.

Deletintg channels is easy as right click and delete.

If you rescan, the channels will come back in the red button show all part but not individual bouquets.

PS - might be teaching you to suck eggs but you do write back to the box after doing the changes?

digicell
14-09-10, 13:07
To get rid of the channel numbers in front of the channel name use dreamset, it will delete the no and only show channel names on the LCD screen.

Deletintg channels is easy as right click and delete.

If you rescan, the channels will come back in the red button show all part but not individual bouquets.

PS - might be teaching you to suck eggs but you do write back to the box after doing the changes?

Hello

I cannot delete the channels when simply right clicking as i select "ALL" and then I right click one of the channels and all I see is the following :

"show transponder info
add to parental protection
add service to bouquet
back"

Where do i get dreamset from? I was using DreamBoxEdit. There are preceeding numbers before the channels I want to remove because it is restricting me from selecting the channel using its number.

For Example: BBC 1 = 101 but before 101 I have a number like below:

"66 101 BBC one"

When I press RED (ALL Channels) it displays no numbers before the channel names

I would greatly appreciate if someone can advisre what I need to do after explainging exactly whats coming up now?

thanks

digicell
14-09-10, 16:00
Hello all
Right I have managed to fix it - I had to delete the satellites in DreamBox Edit application

I did htis by going to Tools > Clear Satellites.xml

Then i reloaded my files and it worked as it didnt include the services i deleted.

I still have a problem because in my Bouquets from the first folder all channels are numerically ordered from 1,2,3 etc before the Sky Numbers?

How do i get rid of these?

stanlu
15-09-10, 10:13
Hi all, I am quite new to vu+ and etc...have similar problem being not able to set EPG to display S.. UK listings on VTI 2.0 image...most I get are few channels showing what is next in the next hour or so...
Here is how i perform EPG data import:
Copy Sly UK Bouquets v3.3 10th September 2010 by B16MCC to the box
Start Rytec EPG importer and click yellow for manual epg data download, once complete - restart the box, however no change to epg...
Noticed that media/hdd/ did not comntain epg dat nor new epg dat
could you point me to right direction?