PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] Switching unstable 3.0.378 to stable to download plugins

cyberdelic
19-10-12, 21:16
Just installed 3.0.378 for VUSolo. Unfortunately I cant download plugins, it says the image is not stable and I need to set it to stable in this menu:
MENU>SETUP>SYSTEM>SOFTWARE UPDATE

Unfortunately this menu doesnt exist in this version. Do you know which file I need to change to set it to stable?

Larry-G
19-10-12, 21:25
just checked on my ultimo running 378 and its still there under menu> setup> system> software update. as for the stability of the image. 3.0-378 was officially classed as stable however the feeds have since been set to unstable while new updates are uploaded to the server, this is done as a precaution and can take a while due to the number of images to update etc.

cyberdelic
19-10-12, 21:31
Menu is there, but no option to switch between stable and unstable. At least in German language settings.

Larry-G
19-10-12, 21:37
Menu is there, but no option to switch between stable and unstable. At least in German language settings.

try it under the English setting and see if it makes a difference.

cyberdelic
19-10-12, 21:45
Very strange, there is no Online update menu. It is called Software update and has just 3 settings, no stable/unstable switch there.

Rob van der Does
20-10-12, 07:44
Then you have 'backgroundcheck' set to 'no'.

Set it to 'yes', then set 'allow unstable updates' to 'yes'.
Once done you are free to set 'backgroundcheck' to 'no' again.

cyberdelic
20-10-12, 08:51
Thanks, that helped, didn't find this option yesterday.