PDA

View Full Version : Deleting channels

serge
11-09-10, 10:29
Hi

I have been using Dreambox edit to setup my own favourites on the bouquets however when I delete channels that are no longer available from the full sat listings on the left of the edit box and then FTP back to the box the channels are still there?

Any ideas what is wrong

Thanks
:confused:

mmcmedia
11-09-10, 10:32
in dbedit when you go to ftp the back to your reciever have you got REMOVE UNUSED BOUQUETS FROM DREAMBOX ticked under the send files to dreambox button ?

serge
11-09-10, 12:55
No
What does this do?

serge
11-09-10, 14:25
Tried the suggestion still does not remove deleted channels

Crazy!!

grtmoby
11-09-10, 14:31
try to restart the box, sometimes this happens to me as well

digicell
11-09-10, 14:35
Tried the suggestion still does not remove deleted channels

Crazy!!

hi serge im getting same problem. I am trying to delete some adult chnanels but i can delete them from the Left hand side list in dreambox edit but then when I upload it to the box it comes back.

Can someone provide some assistance in how to delete channels please?

Thanks

grtmoby
11-09-10, 15:50
here is how i do it digi using dbedit

open dbedit
click on ftp and choose another folder than ur original one
click "receive files from dream box"
select all channels and click delete
click on save on the toolbar
click on ftp and click "send files to dreambox" with the option "remove unused bouquets from dreambox" checked
restart the box
make sure there is no satellites or channels are showing by now.
open a new window of dbedit
click on open and open ur original folder that has the channels set the way u like.
click on ftp and "send files to "dreambox"

restart the box and all should be there your way

digicell
12-09-10, 14:13
here is how i do it digi using dbedit

open dbedit
click on ftp and click "send files to dreambox" with the option "remove unused bouquets from dreambox" checked
restart the box
click on open and open ur original folder that has the channels set the way u like.

Hello mate

I have tried this but it doesnt DELETE the adult channels. In DreamBoxEdit the satellites section has all the channels even when i selected them all and pressed delete.

Is there something im doing wrong?

would really love it if someone can help me delete these channels....dont want kids to be watching this as you probably understand

grtmoby
12-09-10, 14:20
after u deleted all and every channel and then ftp'ed to the box, restated. is there any channels in the box!!!!!

raedkuwait
12-09-10, 16:51
Hi,
This is how i did it, ftp all the chanells to your computer usind dbedit, delete the chanels u dont want, do A FACTORY reset of your box, it will allow u to from the start configuer your satalites, do not chose to install any default chanel list, now your box is clean from any chanels, now ftp back the chanel list.
try and tell me if it works, i deletet all the adult chanels and the the chanels that are in the same frequency of those chanels to b sure that the box dont do automatic
rescan of those frequencies, but i think am sure deleting the chanels only will work.

andyblac
13-09-10, 19:52
open your channel list on your STB press red for ALL channels, highlight the channel you want to delete, press menu, you should remove option, the same applies to your favs to

digicell
13-09-10, 21:16
after u deleted all and every channel and then ftp'ed to the box, restated. is there any channels in the box!!!!!

Hi

Yes for some strange reason after resetting it still shows the channels

digicell
14-09-10, 13:17
open your channel list on your STB press red for ALL channels, highlight the channel you want to delete, press menu, you should remove option, the same applies to your favs to

I dont see the delete option - im using VIX Image but it doesnt show me this option when i press red button for all channels

digicell
14-09-10, 15:54
Hello all
Right I have managed to fix it - I had to delete the satellites in DreamBox Edit application

I did htis by going to Tools > Clear Satellites.xml

Then i reloaded my files and it worked as it didnt include the services i deleted.

I still have a problem because in my Bouquets from the first folder all channels are numerically ordered from 1,2,3 etc before the Sky Numbers?

How do i get rid of these?

digicell
17-09-10, 19:51
Hi

i have problems again - I followed the following advice:-

open dbedit
restart the box

Now my adult channels have come up again after restarting the box - can someone help me please..

when i performed the step - "restart the box" it still is showing my channels so it hasnt deleted them?

Why is this?? How do i make it delete my channels. and not Satellite

mil2004
17-09-10, 19:56
when u are on channel press MENU on remote u will options
go to delete OK and is gone

Mr. Mister
17-09-10, 20:00
What i do that works for me is.. :

When you are sending the files back to the Vu+

Click " Send files to Dreambox " .. It will then go through the motions..

Then click " Reload settings to dreambox " It will again go through the motions..

After its finished.. Restart the Vu+

Thats it.. job done..

digicell
17-09-10, 20:41
hi when i right click the channel it has never had an option to delete - i think its because im using VIX Image

When i follow those steps and reset the box after FTPing (in my previous post on this thread) why do the channels still appear after the reset?

I have even tried using dreamset but that doesnt work either as i cant delete the channel list thats on the TV ?

grtmoby
17-09-10, 20:44
ok after u delete and before restart make a factory reset just be sure to choose no when asked to install list.

digicell
17-09-10, 20:57
ok i will have to try this out then...Thanks

raedkuwait
17-09-10, 22:44
Man
i gave u the solution long time ago i told u how i fixed it
told u to do factory reset in the first page of your post but
u never listend to me, thats why u have your problem tell now :)

digicell
17-09-10, 22:59
hi

no this still does not work - unfortunately it doesnt delete the channels evene when i have done what you said..
Also the channels dont even appear like SKY - so when i select 101 it goes to some other channel and not BBC 1 :(

I would really appreciate a step to step guide from someone from scratch....must be something silly im making a mistake on

would appreciate any help

digicell
17-09-10, 23:18
Man
i gave u the solution long time ago i told u how i fixed it
told u to do factory reset in the first page of your post but
u never listend to me, thats why u have your problem tell now :)

Hi mate

I have done a factory reset but some channels are still coming back?

if u can tell me strep by step i would appreciate it - thanks

Thks

raedkuwait
18-09-10, 01:24
hi,
what i did, is factory reset, so reciever has no chanels or anything on it
then i deletet the adult chanels, and the chanels that have the same frequency
of those adult chanels, they never came back for me. try it , see the chanels that
are comming back if they have other clean chanels on the same frequency of those
adult chanels, dont load default chanel list

Stanman
18-09-10, 10:42
I gave you a step by step guide in this thread

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2299-Dreamset-help&p=16026&highlight=#post16026

Delete the adult bouquet and do the same in ALL and channels will be gone UNTIL you do a rescan and they will appear in ALL listings only

bob1
18-09-10, 11:21
Stanman like i said in the other thread unless the vix image as disabled the auto channel update they will still repopulate as you channel hop( no need to rescan for them to appear), they will pop up in New and then end up in All channels, of course they won't go into a bouquet unless you put them there.

digicell
21-09-10, 14:27
How can i delete them from appearing in the ALL Section though mate? Can u tell me as im using the VIX Image?
How do you disable the auto channel update on the VIX Image then?

Sicilian
21-09-10, 16:55
You need to dissable background scanning, cant remember where it is right now though, am at work :(

grtmoby
21-09-10, 17:03
You need to dissable background scanning, cant remember where it is right now though, am at work :(

this is not available on the vu except may be on the Pli image, but certain on the dm