PDA

View Full Version : xmltvimport does not import downloaded EPG

girotour
11-09-10, 02:03
This evening i performed a software update on my Vu+ Duo running the most recent version of VTi image (V 2.0 - 19.08.2010 OE 1.6).

After the update I noticed that the xmltvimport plugin was available again (I think it's a custom version because it's called xmltvimport.vti).
So I tried it and it downloaded the EPG without any problem creating the epg_new.dat file in /media/hdd, but, apparently, it was not able to import it in the Vu+ EPG (even after a reboot).

Looking at the original package (the rytec one) I noticed that, during the installation process, it modifies the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh adding the following line:

python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/EPGImport/boot.py
while the version distributed by VTi doesn't.

Is this the reason why it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong?

grtmoby
11-09-10, 02:20
try to rename the file from epg_new.dat to epg.dat and restart ur box

girotour
11-09-10, 14:42
Unfortunately it didn't work.
The only difference is that, if I rename epg_new.dat to epg.dat an then reboot, the file will be deleted during the next start up.

grtmoby
11-09-10, 14:43
yes that is correct being deleted as enigma loads it into the cache.

girotour
12-09-10, 00:52
yes that is correct being deleted as enigma loads it into the cache.

This is exactly the point. Apparently, during startup, enigma manages the file /media/hdd/epg.dat in some way, but, in my case, the file is simply deleted and the events are not imported in the EPG.

Moreover, I can't understand why the xvmtvimport.vti plugin (whose name seems to indicate that it's a modified version for VTi) creates a file called epg_new.dat if the process running during startup looks for a file called epg.dat.

BTW: I also tried to install the original version of EPGImport (r22) and the import seems to work without any problem.

girotour
18-09-10, 16:30
Finally I found the problem.

During a reboot (actually, during the shutdown phase, I think) enigma2 dumps the current EPG to /media/hdd/epg.dat to reload it at the next boot.
If the file /media/hdd/epg.dat already exists, it will be overwritten.

This is the reason why the plugin uses a different file name (epg_new.dat) to store the new EPG data and this is also the reason why renaming epg_new.dat to epg.dat before rebooting doesn't help.
The right thing to do is to copy epg_new.dat to epg.dat just before enigma2 loads it.

The original plugin installation (the Rytec's one) solves the problem by modyfing the file /usr/bin/enigma2.sh to run /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py (which simply copies epg_new.dat to epg.dat).

#!/bin/sh

python /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/xmltvimport/boot.py
/usr/bin/showiframe /boot/backdrop.mvi

In the VTi installation the file modification is missing so epg_new.dat will never be copied (and loaded).

Adding the missing line to /usr/bin/enigma2.sh does the trick.