PDA

View Full Version : I'm after a new Receiver but not sure which one to get..

Sh0t2bts
18-10-12, 22:28
Hi All,

I've been using a Vu+ Duo for about 3 years and it died last week and I'm now looking for a new receiver.

I have used the duo to:-
Stream TV to 2 different PC's.
Store Music to play on PC's.
Store Movies to play on PC's.
Be a File Storage location.
I also have streamed mkv movies from the box to the TV
I had problems stream Avi's to the TV but would like to do this on my new receiver (not essential though)

I would like the EPG and Channels to be stable, I have experience of a DM800 copy not loading the channels correctly and missing some, I am currently using a Technomate which doesn't shown all channels BBC News is BBC alabama or somit like that, and EPG is very missing on most channels.

Any suggestion on a new receiver are welcomed.

Many Thanks

judge
18-10-12, 22:35
Personally, I'd stick with the VU range although no idea why your unit has died?
The Duo is still a cracking box, maybe go for an Ultimo or wait for the Duo 2 to be released.
Saying that there are other good boxs out there.

Sh0t2bts
18-10-12, 22:51
Judge thanks for your advice, I'll put up a post in the VU+ Section on what happened to my Duo Receiver.

Stanman
19-10-12, 19:53
Whats your budget mate?

The GB is new to the market currently has ome issues but than all new boxes do, but at £339 it is a cracking price with the capability to hve another two pnp tuners.

samad
19-10-12, 21:41
wait for the noew VU+ models coming in nov/dec.

And go for a duo2/uno2

: )

sivhead
20-10-12, 13:29
when you say your Duo died. whats wrong with it ? It might be cheaper to get it fixed

Alec
20-10-12, 20:24
BBC News is BBC alabama- you will have rescan the BBC news, it has moved. As already suggested, I would check to repair the Duo first.

Hotchef
28-11-12, 17:14
Is there any release date for duo2?

Sicilian
28-11-12, 17:14
Is there any release date for duo2?

Not yet no.