PDA

View Full Version : iplayer

hav it
18-10-12, 21:19
is there an i player available yet for vu and dreambox.

judge
18-10-12, 21:26
No, not yet for VU anyways...

hav it
18-10-12, 21:30
what about dreambox ? or clones

Larry-G
18-10-12, 21:35
what about dreambox ? or clones

There is no iplayer plugin for any Enigma 1 or 2 based receiver.

hav it
18-10-12, 21:43
that kills that then lol was trying to find a solution as my freinds live in cyprus, and cant have a 2.5meter dish. they get everything but bbc and itv.

judge
18-10-12, 21:48
Does iplayer only work in the UK anyway? their web version doesn't work in Southern Ireland.

hav it
18-10-12, 21:52
thats just totaly killed it lol

judge
18-10-12, 22:18
thats just totaly killed it lol

I think SKY are bringing ITVs player to Ireland in the next week so that might kill the geolocation restrictions, but doubt we will have an E2 plugin any time soon to do the same.

mickyblueys
18-10-12, 22:34
I think SKY are bringing ITVs player to Ireland in the next week so that might kill the geolocation restrictions, but doubt we will have an E2 plugin any time soon to do the same.

Regarding location restrictions wouldn't it be possible to hide your IP or change it using proxy switcher or different software, then you could fool it into thinking you were based elsewhere e.g. uk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

judge
18-10-12, 22:42
Regarding location restrictions wouldn't it be possible to hide your IP or change it using proxy switcher or different software, then you could fool it into thinking you were based elsewhere e.g. uk

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, currently have to do that, not sure how it would work in an E2 plugin though, if ever there was one released...

Rob van der Does
19-10-12, 07:43
I seem to remember that BBC is also going to use HbbTV, the European standard for this, already in use in several countries.

irishchris
19-10-12, 11:23
seems their future interactive services, although not sure on iplayer will use a form of hbbtv.

very little info on hbbtv with bbc yet.
from wiki: " in the UK, most broadcasters have not adopted the HbbTV standard but Freesat, the free-to-air satellite TV service broadcast via Astra 28.2°E, has revealed that the second generation "G2" specification for Freesat receivers will use HbbTV, to take advantage of the digital TV chipsets being developed for that standard (but retaining MHEG compatibility of the first generation Freesat receivers) "

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

britesc
25-11-12, 19:31
Hi,
Google get_iplayer. The version you want is for linux not windows, then install that on the VU+ or install windows version on PC.
It's a great tool, I use it from Spain all the time.
Regards,
jB

Stanman
25-11-12, 19:52
Hi,
Google get_iplayer. The version you want is for linux not windows, then install that on the VU+ or install windows version on PC.
Regards,
jB

You an UK on demand on a STB?

mcquaim
25-11-12, 21:55
Hi,
Regards,
jB

Do you have this installed an working on a Vu+ satellite receiver??

copex
26-11-12, 19:40
Do you have this installed an working on a Vu+ satellite receiver??

it seems to be a perl script so if the VU+ supports perl then it may run, or a python guru maybe able to convert it.....