PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] EPG Issue

StuBFrost
17-10-12, 14:24
Apologies if this is already been mentioned but I have an EPG issue with items overlapping.

For example, I have the EPG update itself at 4am. I noticed today that the rescheduled England football match wasn't showing on the EPG so I did a forced download and update.

What has now happened is that the football now correctly shows starting at 16:00 to 18:10 but to the right of the entry is what was originally on at that time and so on until the entries are back in sync again.

I hope this makes sense.

Rob van der Does
17-10-12, 14:29
That is correct behaviour.
All EPG that comes into the box, whatever the source, is added to the existing data, so old data will always still show.
The only way to get rid of old data is by deleting epg.dat (be aware that this can only be done if Enigma has been stopped (via telnet'init 4')) and than gathering new data.

rjwill10
17-10-12, 14:30
I think you can restore your EPG from a back up. If you have one, try that.

Rob van der Does
17-10-12, 14:31
I think you can restore your EPG from a back up. If you have one, try that.
How and why would you want to do that? OP wants to get rid of old data, not getting it.
And a backup contains no EPG-data.

StuBFrost
17-10-12, 15:08
I can understand keeping existing data if I have multiple sources but if I do a full refresh from one source than can't it clear the data first ?

Rob van der Does
17-10-12, 15:20
Simple answer is: no!
Enigma doesn't know the source of data; once it has been loaded it's all on one big heap of data (in live-memory).
So how would Enigma know that what you call 'a full refresh' is actually meant to refresh all EPG-data? Sorry, but that's not the way Enigma works.

Silent
17-10-12, 15:27
Is there a way to clear out existing EPG data in memory (without deleting EPG.dat and rebooting)?

StuBFrost
17-10-12, 15:28
So when I use the CrossEPG downloader, this just downloads changes or does it download everything ?

Rob van der Does
17-10-12, 15:36
Is there a way to clear out existing EPG data in memory (without deleting EPG.dat and rebooting)?
No.
Again: all EPG data, whatever the source, is added to the already existing data and kept in RAM. When Enigma is shut down (properly) this data is written to epg.dat, which is read again on E2 start.

So when I use the CrossEPG downloader, this just downloads changes or does it download everything ?
It can't download changes as nothing in the whole system knows what changes are. So indeed: a download takes it all.

Don't forget that there are more sources of EPG-data, such as the data received directly from the transponder.