PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo lip sync problems

markys
17-10-12, 08:21
Welcome to the world of VU+!

This is my first venture into the world of VU (coming from a dremabox) and I am having lip sync audio issue with my VU Solo. I am running th latest vix image with CCcam 2.2.1.

Whenever I change to a new channel I need to go through the constant task of pressing the audio button, followed by audio sync and then finally messing around with the 'service delay' toggle to achieve a normal audio to video sync. Without doing this, audio is well ahead of video and watching anything is a nightmare.

Is anyone aware of a permanent fix? Or a way to permananelty fix all channels at the required service delay (-250ms) seems to currently be optimum.

Thanks in advance guys

Rob van der Does
17-10-12, 08:27
First of all: any sync problems are probably due to a TV taking it's time to produce a picture. Make sure to set all so called 'video-enhancers' of your TV to 'Off'.

Secondly: via the audio-button channel specific delays can be set.

markys
17-10-12, 09:11
Thanks for the reply.

All 'video enhancers' are set to off.

Currently I am setting delays via the audio button, but to do this everytime i switch channel is a tedious task that I did not have to do with my previous receiver. Is there anyway to set this audio delay as default for all channels?

Rob van der Does
17-10-12, 09:29
Yes: in A/V-settings

Sicilian
17-10-12, 10:03
How is you Solo connected? To an amp? I've personally factory reset to default settings and test, never had issue with lypsync here, connected direct to TV or amp.

Auto language settings you can set defualt audio.

markys
17-10-12, 10:55
I am connected directly to my TV through HDMI lead.

If possible how would I exercise default audio settings? I have been into both audio sync setup and auto language selection but I am not seeing where we can restore to default.

Thanks

Sicilian
17-10-12, 11:05
Menu > System > Factory reset

markys
17-10-12, 11:16
Would anyone be able to post the default settings?

Otherwise it means a complete new image, bouquets, CCcam etc all being loaded again and it might not even be the fix

Thanks in advance

markys
18-10-12, 09:54
Anyone willing to post the defaults?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
18-10-12, 10:09
Maybe nobody is using the defaults?

markys
18-10-12, 12:44
Anyone willing to post the settings they are using? I can then see if that issue will solve the lip sync problems

Thanks

Rob van der Does
18-10-12, 16:48
Do you really think that my sync-settings will apply to your setup?
As I tried to explain: it's really a matter of TV and amp-setup. And your situation is unique.

But I agree: it's not easy to find correct settings.
TiP: on BBC HD-Preview you sometimes see that hammer and timing stripes: that's ideal for this.

wrenxz
18-10-12, 19:34
This may sound silly but maybe you could try a different HDMI lead?

markys
18-10-12, 19:38
Do you really think that my sync-settings will apply to your setup?
As I tried to explain: it's really a matter of TV and amp-setup. And your situation is unique.

But I agree: it's not easy to find correct settings.
TiP: on BBC HD-Preview you sometimes see that hammer and timing stripes: that's ideal for this.

Obviously I wanted the default settings, though you were quick to point out that maybe someone isn't using the default settings. All I am looking for is some help for a newbie, i'm not here for sarcasm. I will look elsewhere for help, thanks to those who took the time to respond without that tone of sarcasm and from a moderator it is surprising

Rob van der Does
18-10-12, 19:53
Well, I think you misread me. I do not intend to be sarcastic at all; it was an honest and open question.

judge
18-10-12, 21:05
Not sure what you are exactly lookig for, never had an issue in this area so never had to change the default settings.
Are these the ones you want?

markys
18-10-12, 21:32
Not sure what you are exactly lookig for, never had an issue in this area so never had to change the default settings.
Are these the ones you want?

Thanks JUDGE, this has worked perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for and I am now back in sync on all channels. Much appreciated

Rob van der Does
18-10-12, 21:38
Thanks JUDGE, this has worked perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for and I am now back in sync on all channels. Much appreciated
This is surprising: those settings do nothing at all :confused:
They only make out what steps the buttons do........

markys
18-10-12, 21:49
I think previously my outer bound was set at 0. Now managed to save at 250 and works perfectly in sync.

Thanks to all those who helped take the time and answer it is much appreciated

judge
18-10-12, 21:51
No worries, glad you're finally sorted.