PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Cant update the image

mark_hopley
16-10-12, 22:14
I have been running on vix 3.0.204 since its release. When I tried to do an online update it said nothing to upgrade. I then forced the updates by telnet and it done its thing. After the updates though the box freezes.

I switch in off and on at the back and it then boots but will not mount the hdd. I re-flashed with same image and hdd is back. Online updates still say nothing to upgrade and telnet method still does same.

If I download the later version and flash them straight off the box stays on bootloader screen and does not boot. Is there something else I need to do to use updated versions of vix 3.0?

judge
16-10-12, 22:19
What's the latest version you used for a fresh install?

mark_hopley
17-10-12, 07:59
i tried 6 different versions ranging from 268 upwards with no joy. i then just flashed back to 204 to get it working again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mark_hopley
19-10-12, 00:32
No ideas on this?

Really quite worried with this as cant seem to use any latest images from vix

Sicilian
22-10-12, 05:37
I would 1st disconnect your HDD and any USB sticks if connected then try flashing a fresh image as normal. If no joy try as follows with HDD disconnected.

1) Format USB stick with HP Tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool
2) Force bootloader re-flash > Name the bootloader folder et9x00 > Connect to receiver and power on > Press channel down to force bootloader re-flash.
3) Delete all files from USB stick and flash with latest ViX build.

mark_hopley
23-10-12, 20:26
Thanks Sic. Unfortunately still no joy.

I disconnected the hdd and have no other usb connected. I then flashed the bootloader (from october 2011) and then flashed vix 3.0 build 373.

It still wouldn't get past the screen that displays the bootloader (still with no hdd connected). I'm thinking I might have a problem with my receiver. Have you any other ideas m8?

Got a real problem now .... Cant even get build 204 to boot

mark_hopley
23-10-12, 21:57
Well one problems turns out to be the usb stick. No matter how many times I format it it never boots after flashing the receiver with it. I am now using a different one.

This one enables the image to flash and boot but still leaves problems. If I flash a later image when I press the filelist button it just crashes and restarts gui. The strange thing is I cant find a crash log in tmp. It cant be the usb this time because the same thing happens if I update via download. I'm really at a loss with this. I've spent hours and hours going round in circles and getting nowhere :(

omagnetun
20-01-13, 14:50
I would 1st disconnect your HDD and any USB sticks if connected then try flashing a fresh image as normal. If no joy try as follows with HDD disconnected.

1) Format USB stick with HP Tool http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool
2) Force bootloader re-flash > Name the bootloader folder et9x00 > Connect to receiver and power on > Press channel down to force bootloader re-flash.
3) Delete all files from USB stick and flash with latest ViX build.

I've tried doing this, with no luck
I'm forsing bootloader, and it flashes. When finished it finds new image on usb(same bootloader), and I need to choose ok/cancel on flash question. I've tried everything, ok, Cancel, and even remove usb after forced bootloader. The box i stuck on booting....
If I try to flash one of the latest openvix image, the flashing goes well, and gets completed, but it never boots up. Can stay on booting.... for hours, until I turn the power off.
On tv I have a picture with "Openvix, all your support needs at world-of-satelite.com"

I've also formated usb sticks to FAT32, and tried using 3 different...

kunmun23
23-06-13, 10:51
Having exactly the same issue...how did you resolve it ??

I've tried doing this, with no luck
I'm forsing bootloader, and it flashes. When finished it finds new image on usb(same bootloader), and I need to choose ok/cancel on flash question. I've tried everything, ok, Cancel, and even remove usb after forced bootloader. The box i stuck on booting....
If I try to flash one of the latest openvix image, the flashing goes well, and gets completed, but it never boots up. Can stay on booting.... for hours, until I turn the power off.
On tv I have a picture with "Openvix, all your support needs at world-of-satelite.com"

I've also formated usb sticks to FAT32, and tried using 3 different...

Davy4475
23-06-13, 12:52
What kernel are you on