PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Vix 3.0 373 lost my HDD, and USB Mounts. Help

mickyblueys
16-10-12, 19:03
i've just noticed my HDD and USB mounts have gone and i'm unable to re-mount them. No settings have been changed on my box, they were last night and now today box on and they're are gone........... i was gonna restore an old backup to build 370 but am un able to because the said drives hold my backups. i have sent in some crash logs ref:1350409477.56

PLEASE HELP..... I DO NOT WANT RE FORMAT HDD IF I CAN HELP IT, IT HAS ALMOST 500GB WORTH OF FILMS ON!.......AAARGGGHHH!!:mad:

mickyblueys
16-10-12, 19:31
Crisis averted done a clean install back to 370 and HDD is back.
:confused:

Don't know how it has happened but but I have had problems with timeshift since update to 373 also.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ash888
21-10-12, 18:13
i just had the same issue.

i did a fresh install to 3.0.339 and checked the HDD was working fine with my recorded data.
i then did an online update and when it rebooted there was no HDD installed.
everytime i tried to mount it would crash. so in the end i just reflashed back to 339.

anyone got any ideas?

scrupples
21-10-12, 20:06
same here with my ultimo, cant update otherwise I lose my mounts and they wont re-mount....

Larry-G
22-10-12, 15:55
Please make sure you guys send us your crash logs in situations like this.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ash888
23-10-12, 10:09
id have to do an online update just to get the crash log.
as the HDD is shown as unavailable once i update and i cant access any of the backups i have to reflash to 3.0.339 for the HDD to be detected.

iv checked the HDD for crash logs but there are none. (i guess reflashing removed them?)

even though i have created backups, when doing an online update it creates another backup which takes a while and then reboots. everything else works fine.
its only when trying to select 'mount' or 'use as HDD' that the box crashes. i didnt try initialize as i dont want to do that.

Larry-G
23-10-12, 16:10
id have to do an online update just to get the crash log.
as the HDD is shown as unavailable once i update and i cant access any of the backups i have to reflash to 3.0.339 for the HDD to be detected.

iv checked the HDD for crash logs but there are none. (i guess reflashing removed them?)

even though i have created backups, when doing an online update it creates another backup which takes a while and then reboots. everything else works fine.
its only when trying to select 'mount' or 'use as HDD' that the box crashes. i didnt try initialize as i dont want to do that.

This is why I always recommend changing the default path for crash logs and backups to a USB stick instead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

edogg
23-10-12, 16:38
it still happens with 381 and it is not a crash so no log to send. I did not have debug logs set

scrupples
23-10-12, 23:29
just to clarify, theres no crash, so no crash log, just the hd and usb wont mount with the newer versions. Someone mentioned booting without the usb in, will do that in the morning when our lass is not watching tv :)

Larry-G
23-10-12, 23:48
just to clarify, theres no crash, so no crash log, just the hd and usb wont mount with the newer versions. Someone mentioned booting without the usb in, will do that in the morning when our lass is not watching tv :)

you dont need to have a crash in order to generate debug logs though.

clancyoo7
26-10-12, 06:17
had a similar issue when I tried to force mount in vix menu it crashed out using latest image, reverted back to old image

Rob van der Does
26-10-12, 06:25
had a similar issue when I tried to force mount in vix menu it crashed out using latest image, reverted back to old image
No idea what that log is from.

Anyway, the general ised when having problems with local mounts:
1- stop Enigma (init 4);
2- delete etc/enigma2/automounts.xml
3- open etc/fstab and look for any entry showing local devices; delete such an entry (make sure not to delete root etc). If unsure, ask us;
4- restart the box (init 6);
5- after the reboot, go to mountmanager and make the correct settings. Reboot when asked to do so.

DeGea468
26-10-12, 15:45
No idea what that log is from.

Anyway, the general ised when having problems with local mounts:
1- stop Enigma (init 4);
2- delete etc/enigma2/automounts.xml
3- open etc/fstab and look for any entry showing local devices; delete such an entry (make sure not to delete root etc). If unsure, ask us;
4- restart the box (init 6);
5- after the reboot, go to mountmanager and make the correct settings. Reboot when asked to do so.

I don't see the automounts.xml file in that location and this is how my fstab file looks which lines do i delete?

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs noauto 0 0
tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs defaults 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

Also i'm on the Uno not Duo also i'm on 385

Here is the crash log i get when i try to setup the HDD and USB mount

andyblac
26-10-12, 17:43
I don't see the automounts.xml file in that location and this is how my fstab file looks which lines do i delete?

rootfs / auto defaults 1 1
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs noauto 0 0
tmpfs /var/volatile tmpfs defaults 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

Also i'm on the Uno not Duo also i'm on 385

Here is the crash log i get when i try to setup the HDD and USB mount

i'll add some debug info into tonights build, so wait till tomorrow, then update the give me a new crash log. so i see whats going on.

DeGea468
26-10-12, 18:15
i'll add some debug info into tonights build, so wait till tomorrow, then update the give me a new crash log. so i see whats going on.
Okay, I'll update tomorrow and send you a new crash log

DeGea468
27-10-12, 13:50
I updated to 386? Which i think is the right update version.

I have attached a new crash log.

andyblac
27-10-12, 13:54
I updated to 386? Which i think is the right update version.

I have attached a new crash log.
can you reflash with 386, instead of updating, it for some reason can not find the requied applet

[MountManager] RESULT: blkid: applet not found

swiggle
27-10-12, 14:13
Hi I have the same issue after update to 385 and 386 now I loose my mounted usb and hdd. Flashing back to an older version <385 seems to restore them with no loss of data although I did format my hdd to try and sort this :(. Where can I find the 386 image to reflash with? Thanks. Find attached my crash log that occurs when you try to mount any drive.

DeGea468
27-10-12, 14:30
can you reflash with 386, instead of updating, it for some reason can not find the requied applet

[MountManager] RESULT: blkid: applet not found

I'm not able to re-flash at the moment. If i re-flash would i lose all my settings or can i make a backup? Also as asked below where would i found 386? i looked here OpenViX Download Centre (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=) but it's not there

Hi I have the same issue after update to 385 and 386 now I loose my mounted usb and hdd. Flashing back to an older version <385 seems to restore them with no loss of data although I did format my hdd to try and sort this :(. Where can I find the 386 image to reflash with? Thanks. Find attached my crash log that occurs when you try to mount any drive.
Hello, Which receiver have you got? Uno?

swiggle
27-10-12, 15:00
Sorry yes I have the UNO.

swiggle
27-10-12, 15:09
Just did a full flash to 385 and it worked fine mounts are ok able to restore settings and see all mounts - I have now just updated again to 386 and again everything remains fine. :)

Seems to be maybe just updating from older ones I only had full images for 204 and 268 that I could try and update from. Updating to 385 yesterday and 386 today from either of those images resulted in the lost mounts.

Hope this helps.

andyblac
27-10-12, 15:11
I'm not able to re-flash at the moment. If i re-flash would i lose all my settings or can i make a backup? Also as asked below where would i found 386? i looked here OpenViX Download Centre (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=) but it's not there

yes you can backup using ViX BackupManager, just moving last nights image into openvix.co.uk.

andyblac
27-10-12, 15:18
thanks, the tomorrows update should fix the error no need to reflash..

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/c5546eb4cfa56d5a397cb45a3144c513242fbd92

DeGea468
27-10-12, 15:30
thanks, the tomorrows update should fix the error no need to reflash..

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/c5546eb4cfa56d5a397cb45a3144c513242fbd92
Oh so if i update tomorrow, The mounting issue will be fixed? so i don't need to re-flash today to 385/386?

andyblac
27-10-12, 15:32
Oh so if i update tomorrow, The mounting issue will be fixed? so i don't need to re-flash today to 385/386?

fingers crossed yes ;)

DeGea468
27-10-12, 16:01
fingers crossed yes ;)
Okay thanks, Hopefully it does fix it. When will the update be ready? Same as 386?

Larry-G
27-10-12, 16:03
The updates usually get pushed late at night or early in the morning.

DeGea468
28-10-12, 15:14
Thank you andyblac, The update has fixed the mounting issue both my HDD and USB are detected properly. I noticed a few threads with people having the same problem they will be pleased with this update. good job :thumbsup:

DrRommany
05-12-12, 02:14
Hi. I realise this is an old-ish thread, but is this problem solved for everyone? I had vix image 3.0.339 installed and decided to update, but every time I try, my HDD with all recordings on it etc is no longer visible (or rather shows up as being empty when there's tonnes on there). Reverting back to 3.0.339 is the only way to get my HDD back the way it was. Does anyone know if there's an interim image that will work? Thanks

judge
05-12-12, 02:33
Update to the latest image available for your box here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/
Set-up your mounts using Blue button -> VIX -> Mount manager, reboot & all should be fine.

MikeBag
06-12-12, 11:47
I had a simular prolem and i believe it was caused by having my box set to do an automatic update and when the update happened this issue arose. So I now have my box set not to do auto updates.

Rob van der Does
06-12-12, 12:09
In ViX you can't set the box to do updates automatically.

Larry-G
06-12-12, 12:36
as pointed out by rob, there is no such thing as automatic updates with the ViX image nor has there ever been. at most the image will check for updates and notify you if there found but like a lot of features this can be disabled if you dont want that.