PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] FTP issues VIX 3.0 - set up from scratch

rjwill10
16-10-12, 13:54
Hi,

Firstly thank you for looking at my thread.

I've been trying to figure this out for the best part of 2 days without luck so thought I would ask for help.

I have a VU Duo and decided to upgrade the flash to VIX 3.0, and I set it all up from scratch without any backups. I was really impressed with the new image, and everything was going well until I tried to FTP my CCcam.cfg file. I'm using a mac to FTP, however the only way I could get the Duo to show in the FTP list was to enable ASF. Once I was able to connect, I then tried to drop my .cfg file in the etc folder, but kept getting rejected, it was as if the etc folder was read only. I also tried to FTP using FileZila for Mac but kept getting a "critical error" error message.

As the release is newish, I decided to try an earlier version of VIX, namely 2.4, but this has the exact same issue.

Am I missing a crucial step here? I'm really at a loss :-(, any help would be greatly appreciated. My next test is to try it using a windows pc and filezila, but I can't image the FTPing from a Mac would be causing it?

Thanks

Silent
16-10-12, 14:01
Have you set a password in through Telnet? I'm not sure and only guessing, but perhaps FTP requires a password.

rjwill10
16-10-12, 14:25
Have you set a password in through Telnet? I'm not sure and only guessing, but perhaps FTP requires a password.

Hi Silent,

No I don't think so, not quite sure what telnet is? When I set up the mounts I put in a username and password on 3.0 but when I tried logging on with it, it rejected every time. I thought that if the settings were left as standard that the FTP would be availalbe to a guest user. I'm slightly confused as to why ASF need to be set up before I can even access the box.

judge
16-10-12, 14:27
FTP is installed by default with root as username & no password.
Are you using an FTP client?

rjwill10
16-10-12, 15:02
FTP is installed by default with root as username & no password.
Are you using an FTP client?

I'm using a Mac which has a built in FTP client. I also tried using FileZilla for Mac without luck. The weird thing is, is that every other image I have used has had no issues. The first image I tried was an earlier version of VIX.

I think I will try and ftp from a Windows laptop tonight and if that doesn't work I'll try a wired FTP. Currently I'm using a wireless bridge which is connected to the back of my Duo via LAN and USB.

I thought that I may have missed a setting somewhere, especially as ASF is needed before my box is visable.

Stanman
16-10-12, 19:45
I don't think this is the case here but what version of vix did you upgrade from and did you do any settings restore?

rjwill10
16-10-12, 21:14
I can't remember the version I upgraded from, it was an older version I know that. I did a completely fresh install of 3.0 from my memory stick, which was formatted before hand. I'm on VIX 2.4 now after, I've been trying all night to get it working again without any luck, I even hardwired my laptop and the box to my router and still nothing.

I'm just looking in my network mount browser, and my duo shows as having three drives:

NFS: /media/hdd
NFS: /media/usb/
NFS: /media/hdd2

Each mount has a red cross above the drive thumbnail. Also when I select mount management I get the following settings:

Mount using FSTAB (mount using linux)
Active enable
Local Share name VUDUO
Mount type NFS share
Server IP 192. etc
Server share /media/hdd
use as HD rep No
Mount options RW,nolock,tcp

When I try changing any of these settings, a message comes up to say that the mount has been changed, but then the info reverts back to as it's shown above. I think I'm going to have to try black hole :(.

checco10
18-10-12, 09:09
I can't remember the version I upgraded from, it was an older version I know that. I did a completely fresh install of 3.0 from my memory stick, which was formatted before hand. I'm on VIX 2.4 now after, I've been trying all night to get it working again without any luck, I even hardwired my laptop and the box to my router and still nothing.

I'm just looking in my network mount browser, and my duo shows as having three drives:

NFS: /media/hdd
NFS: /media/usb/
NFS: /media/hdd2

Each mount has a red cross above the drive thumbnail. Also when I select mount management I get the following settings:

Mount using FSTAB (mount using linux)
Active enable
Local Share name VUDUO
Mount type NFS share
Server IP 192. etc
Server share /media/hdd
use as HD rep No
Mount options RW,nolock,tcp

When I try changing any of these settings, a message comes up to say that the mount has been changed, but then the info reverts back to as it's shown above. I think I'm going to have to try black hole :(.

Hi i have the same problem with my vu+ ultimo..!! I Cant mount my qnap nas with NFS to my vu+ ultimo. I use leatest vix 3.0.
Did you resolved the problem ?
Tanks

sparky72
18-10-12, 10:07
I'm using a Mac which has a built in FTP client. I also tried using FileZilla for Mac without luck. The weird thing is, is that every other image I have used has had no issues. The first image I tried was an earlier version of VIX.

I think I will try and ftp from a Windows laptop tonight and if that doesn't work I'll try a wired FTP. Currently I'm using a wireless bridge which is connected to the back of my Duo via LAN and USB.

I thought that I may have missed a setting somewhere, especially as ASF is needed before my box is visable.mate try using idreamx for mac thats what i use :)

rjwill10
18-10-12, 12:09
Hi i have the same problem with my vu+ ultimo..!! I Cant mount my qnap nas with NFS to my vu+ ultimo. I use leatest vix 3.0.
Did you resolved the problem ?
Tanks

Hi checco, no I didn't, really gutted about it too as I don't like the blackhole image, but it works. Try downloading a version of blackhole, you will have to do most of the set up work manually i.e. channel lists as the ones given are useless. I am going to try and get the issue sorted though, I think its to do with the settings I mentioned above, for some reason I can't set and save a password. As a former software tester it looks to me as though there is a bug somewhere, I can't pin point it though.

rjwill10
18-10-12, 12:12
Never heard of that. I'll give it a go. I'm not sure if the software is the issue though, I think it's to do with the mount and settings above. I have now set up blackhole and there was no issue what so ever with the FTP and that was through the OSX finder. Did you use a default password at all to connect? When I set a username and password it won't save it and will only log in as guest. There must be permission issues with logging in as guest.