PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] can I get epg on my pc?

liveaboard
14-10-12, 20:22
greetings all;
Running latest vix on vu+duo, have plugins webif and crossepg installed.
Epg data is held on a usb stick.

I can get current and next program epg through webif, but I'd really like a complete [7day if possible] epg on my laptop, so I can peruse my viewing future while OH watches her programs.
Is there any way to do that?

I downloaded a program called crossepg explorer, but the format doesn't do it for me.

Rob van der Does
14-10-12, 22:04
The open WEB-IF has a complete EPG for 7 days.

judge
14-10-12, 22:14
greetings all;
Running latest vix on vu+duo, have plugins webif and crossepg installed.
Epg data is held on a usb stick.

I can get current and next program epg through webif, but I'd really like a complete [7day if possible] epg on my laptop, so I can peruse my viewing future while OH watches her programs.
Is there any way to do that?

I downloaded a program called crossepg explorer, but the format doesn't do it for me.

Open Web-If will display all EPG currently available on the box, nothing more, nothing less.

liveaboard
15-10-12, 06:53
Thanks, you're both right. I hadn't found the button.
But it will only display the long term epg for 1 channel at a time, so I can't see which programs are on at the same time, or all the programs broadcasting at a given time.
A graph format [like I get on the TV] is what I was looking for.

Rob van der Does
15-10-12, 07:05
Thanks, you're both right. I hadn't found the button.
But it will only display the long term epg for 1 channel at a time, so I can't see which programs are on at the same time, or all the programs broadcasting at a given time.
A graph format [like I get on the TV] is what I was looking for.
Well, not sure what you are missing than.........

liveaboard
16-10-12, 23:35
Rob; a picture is worth a thousand words... thanks for taking the trouble to post that, it makes things a little more clear.
My version of webif came bundled with the last vix upgrade, and it doesn't have the EPG tab; or do I have to do something to enable it? My screen looks just like yours, but with 1 tab missing.
In “about” it says I have version: OWIF 0.1.2
In software update I get the message “nothing to update”
I went to plugin download, but I don’t find open webif... is that because I already have it, or because I’m too thick to find it?
I upgraded extensions, and my webif was replaced by a different web interface. I changed the port numbers and got webif back, but it’s still the same one, without the EPG tab.

Larry-G
16-10-12, 23:38
what build of the image are you currently using ?.

liveaboard
17-10-12, 07:40
Kernel version: 3.1.1
Firmware version: 2.4
Gui version: Jul 19 2012

Rob van der Does
17-10-12, 07:43
Firmware version: 2.4
That explains it then: we are on 3.0-374 nowadays.........

irishchris
17-10-12, 10:36
as Rob says just need to update to latest image to avail of this feature. latest stable image available to download here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?t=20199

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

liveaboard
30-10-12, 17:43
I've now updated to the latest stable image;
Kernel version: 3.1.1
Firmware version: 3.0
Gui version: 2012-08-14

But my openwebif is still the same, without epg tab.
Do I have to use the "unstable" updates that are available? Are they working ok?
Thanks

doelerz
19-11-12, 16:33
Liveabroad - take a look at this https://github.com/downloads/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-CrossEPG/CrossEPG%20Explorer%201.0.1%20Setup.exe

You will enter your box's IP address and username/password. It will then pull all the EPG data to your PC. You will see the list of your channels down the left hand side and lots of EPG data on the right! hope you like it!

liveaboard
25-11-12, 20:03
Thanks, as I said at the start of the thread, I did install crossEPG explorer, and I don't find the format useful. I have to look at each channel one at a time, without the possibility to see all the programs available at a given time of day.

I haven't done anything further with this yet, I'm a bit wary of "unstable updates", since the box isn't all that stable now [it occasionally freezes up and needs restarting, especially if I try to rewind CNN].