PDA

View Full Version : dual tuner ?????

cryptic x
10-09-10, 17:06
as you all prob know by now (lol) i have the vu+duo.at the moment i have fixed dish.28.2 sky uk.question do i have to have both tuners set to 28.2 so i can tape 1 prog and watch another.thanks in advance

Sicilian
10-09-10, 17:07
Yes, do you have 2 feeds from the LNB? Do you have a twin output LNB like this one? http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/LNB/Inverto-Black-Premium-Twin-Output-LNB

cryptic x
10-09-10, 17:11
no m8 its just a fixed dish 1 outlet.first tuner set 28.2 can i set 2nd tuner to 28.2 or am i stuck watching same prog while tapeing

Sicilian
10-09-10, 17:13
u need to change the LNB to get the full benefits.

cryptic x
10-09-10, 17:16
thats a prob m8 ime in a flat on comunial dish.the only way then is to get my own dish fitted with the twin lnb on it

Sicilian
10-09-10, 17:18
You could try splitting your feed as it a communal dish, but in all honesty I doubt that you will be able to split the satellite signal.

cryptic x
10-09-10, 17:19
ok m8 cheers.might not be worth it.just so i can tape one and watch another thanks

DrProzac
10-09-10, 17:25
You might be able to record watch and record some channels at the same time with just 1 input.
But they will have to be on the same Transponder etc.

I've had this issue a couple of times when I've 1 dish recording on 1 sat the fixed 1 recording something else, it should show you the list of channels that can still be watched (ie not greyed out) Just set up a recording and see what channels you can still watch!

cryptic x
10-09-10, 17:29
cheers m8 i had this on the dm600s.i know what you mean thanks

bob1
10-09-10, 17:32
Doesn't the box have internal loop through :confused:, guessing here but if it does you should get the option to record more than it would normally with just the single input.

Sicilian
10-09-10, 18:46
Doesn't the box have internal loop through :confused:, guessing here but if it does you should get the option to record more than it would normally with just the single input.

Yes does have internal loop through, but if recording you can only watch another channel on the same transponder.

james bond
10-09-10, 19:47
1- can i record four or five movies at the same transbonder and watch another channel with my vu duo box

2 can i watch 2 channel at the same time (split screen) with my vu+Duo box

thank you

cryptic x
10-09-10, 20:09
Yes does have internal loop through, but if recording you can only watch another channel on the same transponder.

Sicilian what would happen if i put splitter on would it work m8??

james bond
10-09-10, 20:16
what do you mean by

internal loop through do you mean from the back where you put the LNB could you please help me more

thank you very much

Sicilian
10-09-10, 22:13
Sicilian what would happen if i put splitter on would it work m8??

I very much doubt it, you can't split a satellite signal.

jusaju
10-09-10, 23:44
Hi

And please correct me if I am wrong.Thankīs.

With one tuner you can handle 3 channels (rec 2. and watching 1,even all HD,well I have done that to my 2,5" external pocket disk...or rec3 channels,just usb model).

Same satellite,same tp

Then if you want more you need twin lnb,multifocus,toroidal,2 dishes,2 dish with motors etc.
Then you can handle 3 more even from other satellites. (same way look up)

Connecting to tuner B (I am just thinking they are 2 different HD receivers then.Silly me)

I do not know how to to split 2 channels at same time to screen..i never though about watching like that.Simple me.

Mayby itīs a question about that vu+ hardware do not support PIP. :)

(but most likely computer alians has already an answer to this)

And please just correct me if I am wrong.