PDA

View Full Version : Update error.

constant
13-10-12, 23:03
Hey, Today I tried to update and i kept getting the same "A backround check is in progress etc..." So i tried to do it via telnet and i got this error:
Excessively long line at 8. Corrupt file?
I get the same error installing an IPK. What can be wrong?

river-rat
14-10-12, 12:44
i always have problems updating on vix, i end up using a usb as well as if your missing like a gap off 5 firmwares it hates updating

Larry-G
14-10-12, 12:50
i always have problems updating on vix, i end up using a usb as well as if your missing like a gap off 5 firmwares it hates updating

it's the same for any piece of software, each update contains fixes for specific items in the image and / or new features, if you leave it long enough to the point where too many files need to be loaded on the update, it can become jumbled and out of sequence, leading to problems.

It's best to either update on a more regular basis or as pointed out perform a fresh flash from time to time to clean things out a little.

Bigfoot
14-10-12, 16:20
Hi pheonix,

My update (368 to 370) uploaded to
my Uno in 3 minutes last night (13 Oct).

That must be, because I had just
loaded Openvix 3.0 368 last week.

Must say viewing 28e last night for 5 hours
the Vix was as solid as a Rock, no frezzing
at All. Good Work.

BF.

Larry-G
14-10-12, 16:30
Hi pheonix,

My update (368 to 370) uploaded to
my Uno in 3 minutes last night (13 Oct).

That must be, because I had just
loaded Openvix 3.0 368 last week.

Must say viewing 28e last night for 5 hours
the Vix was as solid as a Rock, no frezzing
at All. Good Work.

BF.

as with all software products, if your existing setup is bogged down with many plugins etc it can take a little longer to fully update the image especially when it comes to the automatic settings and image backup creation part of it. I thank you for your feedback good or bad as it helps us make the image better, which is something we always strive to do.