PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo Vti image version 2 help please

unisat
10-09-10, 15:10
Hi,

I have hot summer night v 2 installed in flash.OE 1.6

I have Vti 2 installed successfully in meoboot(USB Stick)

Need help on following:

1/ Can not install "vuplus-dvb-modules_2.6.18-7.3-r19-20100820_bm750 (1).ipk" via manual installer. Help please

2/ Can not find Fan controller in plugins. When I tried to manually install it again I failed. The image does not accept it.

TIA

grtmoby
10-09-10, 15:57
Hi,

I have hot summer night v 2 installed in flash.OE 1.6

I have Vti 2 installed successfully in meoboot(USB Stick)

Need help on following:

1/ Can not install "vuplus-dvb-modules_2.6.18-7.3-r19-20100820_bm750 (1).ipk" via manual installer. Help please

2/ Can not find Fan controller in plugins. When I tried to manually install it again I failed. The image does not accept it.

TIA

u just go to image upadte from the VTI panel and it will auto install it.

for the fan plugin, it is found under menu>system> and right there at the bottom u can find it

this is from memory but i know it was there

unisat
10-09-10, 19:34
u just go to image upadte from the VTI panel and it will auto install it.

for the fan plugin, it is found under menu>system> and right there at the bottom u can find it

this is from memory but i know it was there

Hi,

Went to image upadte from the VTI panel and clicked. There was some activity for a while( presuming the updating process started for a while and then it stopped before completion) and then the screen just froze showing text all over the screen.

Vu+ is not responding to remote. Its stuck.

Your intervention please.

pooface
10-09-10, 20:10
Hi,

Went to image upadte from the VTI panel and clicked. There was some activity for a while( presuming the updating process started for a while and then it stopped before completion) and then the screen just froze showing text all over the screen.

Vu+ is not responding to remote. Its stuck.

Your intervention please.

Telnet in to the box and restart?! If not, turn off the power to the box for a minute, and then power back on...

unisat
10-09-10, 20:14
turned off the power and then turned it back on __Vu+ is back and running....pity can not install the driver though.
Thanks pooface.

pooface
10-09-10, 20:17
turned off the power and then turned it back on...pity can not install the driver.

Thanks pooface.

Likely to do with the fact you're multibooting. From what I remember of BA multiboot, the drivers only need to be updated in the flash image... BA then uses all drivers from flash images... I wouldn't bother with multiboot though, the benefits far outweigh the problems, and it's easy enough to just make backups and swap the flash image...