PDA

View Full Version : New VU+ Duo owner: silly question, how to install ViX

polomora
13-10-12, 19:29
Just picked up my new VU+ Duo today.

I tried to install the image on the box, didn't work. I simply extracted the files from the ZIP archive, and copied them to the USB's root directory. Is this correct?

I checked on this FAQ/Guide sub-forum, couldn't find anything here explaining how to this this for a complete newbie/idiot like me. Also searched the site, couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help?

mickyblueys
13-10-12, 20:09
the following link should get you up and running, plus there are many tutorials for just about everything if you search for them, i'm fairly new to this myself but managed to get everything up and running in no time at all because of the tutorials and asking questions.:thumbsup:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?213-Basic-newbie-setup-procedure-for-VU-Duo-for-Dummies

basilyoung
13-10-12, 20:10
where did you buy the unit from??

normally the units come with an image preinstalled

but the file should be a single folder called ( i think ) vu duo

satmanbasil
13-10-12, 23:48
Hi mate

Please check the site details of how to load a image are clearly found in the sticky section for the vu duo/solo etc . be careful being a newbie you can easy brick your receiver if you update using the wrong files please read -read-read and ask if your not sure what your doing many guys here will help you set up which is alot more easy than trying to recover a bricked receiver.

regards

polomora
14-10-12, 14:04
Many thanks