PDA

View Full Version : Tuner set up for Sky 28.2 on an ET9200

shaft
13-10-12, 17:58
I am sometimes getting a Tune failed message after a reboot etc.

I have twin tuners on an ET9200 fed from a quad LNB (only two connected), here are my config settings:

Tuner A: AVL2180 (DVB-S2)

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: DiSEqC A/B
Port A: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A..Astra1N/2A/2B
Port B: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A..Astra1N/2A/2B
Set voltage and 22Khz: Yes
Send DiSEqC only on satellite change: No

Tuner B: AVL2180 (DVB-S2)

Configuration Mode: Simple
Mode: DiSEqC A/B
Port A: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A..Astra1N/2A/2B
Port B: 28.2E Eutelsat 28A..Astra1N/2A/2B
Set voltage and 22Khz: Yes
Send DiSEqC only on satellite change: No

I can correct the failure by going into 'Sat finder' (in 'Service searching') selecting a tuner and toggling between Tune> Manual transponder and Predifined transponder, exit, then selecting 'yes' to Zap back to service before sat finder.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it's happened since changing to Rob's Magic HD skin, but if anyone can see any errors with my tuner set up - please let me know.

Thanks
shaft.

mickyblueys
13-10-12, 18:03
Should both tuners not be set to
Configuration mode -Simple
Mode -Single
Satellite - 28.2E........
Send DiSEqC - no

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

shaft
13-10-12, 18:05
I'm not sure micky but I'll give it a go. thanks for the reply.

shaft
22-10-12, 19:13
Ok I am getting tuner failed every day now.

I have tried some of the suggestions I have read on the site but nothing has worked.

Yesterday I stripped down all four connections of my twin tuners but still failing. It is nothing to do with the weather as it was great here yesterday.
As above I was able to correct the failure by going into 'Sat finder' (in 'Service searching') selecting a tuner and toggling between Tune> Manual transponder and Predifined transponder, exit, then selecting 'yes' to Zap back to service before sat finder. But I am not always prompted to zap back to service... Even after a reboot.

If this happens I am stuck - like now :confused:

It seems to be a fault of the 9200 as I've seen quite a few on here have problems.

Any more suggestions wouldm be welcome.

shaft.

sector_d
12-02-14, 15:39
Sorry to dig out an old post, but this problem is still annoying some people. It seems that ET-9200, in combination with some LNBs, will cause the Tune Failed problem.

The root cause seems to be a poor 22KHz wave sent out by the ET tuner, meaning that the LNB will not recognise the 22kHz switching tone, and hence will not switch the local oscilator to High Band (10.600). This will affect specially those instalations with long cable runs. I did not find yet a good workaround for this problem.

Possible solutions would be a driver mod that would raise the 22 khz peak-to-peak amplitude on the Xtrend box, an hardware mod, or a 22 khz repeater of some kind.

Exchanging the Invacom LNB did solve the case for me, but I'm searching for a solution to keep the Invacom.