PDA

View Full Version : VIX Image and channel change

Alan Pee
10-09-10, 14:57
I just loaded the VIX Image to give it a try. All seems good but I notice its slow in changing channels and there is a slight blink and shhhh noise when changing even when autoresolution is turned off. Its not as smooth as PLI changing. Any reason for this and anything I can do to sort it?

pooface
10-09-10, 15:06
I just loaded the VIX Image to give it a try. All seems good but I notice its slow in changing channels and there is a slight blink and shhhh noise when changing even when autoresolution is turned off. Its not as smooth as PLI changing. Any reason for this and anything I can do to sort it?

Did the flash work correctly?! For me, channel zapping is lightning fast. Have you installed loads of plugins and stuff?!

Try reflashing again. Just configure the loading options, install CCcam, put your CCcam.cfg file in, load the softcam, restart box, transfer channel listing, restart, and see how fast it is...

SLOTH
10-09-10, 15:25
Yeh i have to say i,m With POOFACE on this ...changing is well slick and fast , try a reflash !
Sloth

paul362
11-09-10, 08:28
mine is also very fast here !

pooface
11-09-10, 15:19
Just thinking, I'm guessing the OP has picons installed on his hdd. This would explain the slow delay in changing channels and shhh sound. The hdd would be starting up to load the picon, and the channel won't change until the picon has loaded... Can you confirm whether you had picons on the hdd?! (by default, the image chooses the hdd as the picon location, so if you have them there, it will use them)...