PDA

View Full Version : Vu Duo remote & box control freezes

systems013
13-10-12, 11:08
Any one seen this problem before. Vu Duo on start up No Remote control and No box controls available. It started quite slowly and has become a real pain.
1. On start up no controls as stated then after a few minutes all o/k
2. This progressed to many minutes before any controls.
3. Now can be ages or not at all. Tried reboots and sometimes works but can take many reboots to get it working.

Once its working it stays working I even changed the batteries also the panel controls being down also should rule this out.
Also but may not be connected have recently starting having a number of no display on the hdmi output only again comes on after a time.

I was using an old Black Hole image now loaded the latest VIX image giving the same problem.

My thinking is it may be PSU as we do get a lot of power disturbances and the problem did follow a period of major distruptions a month or so back. Also if the HDMI issue is related then one common factor is the PSU. I have already checked the Voltage feeding the hard drive and these are spot on. I have no info on where and what to check for the remainer of the connections so any help here would be appreciated.

Any ideas or help fully appreciated.

David

basilyoung
13-10-12, 11:24
cant offer much help,...but by the sounds of it, you need a surge protected supply

colin_turner99
04-11-12, 23:07
Hi

I am having the same problems with the remote control but my front panel is fine

It started when i updated to the latest version on friday night and it getting really annoying
ant thought on what it might be?

Thanks

Colin

mickyblueys
04-11-12, 23:51
Hi

I am having the same problems with the remote control but my front panel is fine

It started when i updated to the latest version on friday night and it getting really annoying
ant thought on what it might be?

Thanks

Colin

I'm having similar problem with remote control since I went from 381...up over. I think it was,
using vu duo. Some times...intermittently it takes an absolute age for the box to respond to the remote control inputs. It is becoming really annoying.
What I have noticed is, it works perfectly when I'm watching a recorded program. I can still navigate menus and epg instantly. Once I stop watching recorded program and go back to normal TV. Problem arises again with slow response navigating menus..and I mean really slow.

Cheers for anybodies input.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

systems013
08-11-12, 15:35
Following comments about capacitor 807 possibly causing concerns I changed this and many more around the main board and the front panel all to no avail. I am still in two minds as to where the issue resides hence i have bitten the bullet and ordered a new PSU and a front panel.
I will post results once i have the parts and installed.

David

systems013
13-11-12, 19:32
Update on the remote freeze issue.
Changed the PSU - No difference
Changed the Front Panel - No Difference
Changed numerious capacitors around the regulators and feeding the front panel - No difference

So no further foward in solving the issue however it definately rules out the PSU and the front panel.

Probably a good time to call it quits as changing other component parts is really out of the question unless a regulator or one of the few capacitors not changed can be identified as the problem.

I hope this information prevents others from unnecessary expenditure and effort on the same problem and in the unlikely event of a solution I reckon this will be my last post of the issue.

David