And are there problems with BarryAllen?

pooface
10-09-10, 14:45
Just wondering can I install:

Scam *lastest*
newcamd

On this image?

And are there problems with BarryAllen?

Only the cams that available to download will work with the image's softcam.

If you have a full installer for scam, we can possibly work on getting it added. Newcamd doesn't work with vu duo afaik anyway...

Also, Barry Allen isn't supported on the image. By all means try it, and if it works, great. But we will not support it, sorry...

unknown
10-09-10, 14:48
Well the only reason I used newcamd on my old DM500 is because with Fasuto CCAM would freeze so I would use NEWCAMD to solve that issuse.

pooface
10-09-10, 15:08
What's the point of this fausto?! Have you tried cccam with fausto?!

unknown
10-09-10, 15:33
It open Blusat 39east. Yes Cccam works but it tends to freeze. Newcamd work perfect with it.

pooface
10-09-10, 15:42
It open Blusat 39east. Yes Cccam works but it tends to freeze. Newcamd work perfect with it.

Just buy a gamma card (assuming they still work with bulsat?! :p)

unknown
10-09-10, 15:49
Waste of money :P If I run it on my own server I don't see the need. Anyway I switched to VTI image, more useful for my needs ;)

VIX team has done good work though

pooface
10-09-10, 15:53
Waste of money :P If I run it on my own server I don't see the need. Anyway I switched to VTI image, more useful for my needs ;)

VIX team has done good work though

And what are the needs?! (see if it's something we'd like to incorporate in to the image if possible)

unknown
10-09-10, 16:01
It has all the cams I need. Scam/Camd Mgcamd in the download button.

tnoor
13-12-10, 22:14
It has all the cams I need. Scam/Camd Mgcamd in the download button.

I absolutly agree , alarge choice of cams is a good thing

irishchris
13-12-10, 22:30
unless i am greatly misreading what andy has been saying you can add other cams and the softcam manager which he completely rewrote for vix 1.3 will autodetect it. you could always try your softcams there and report back. if they dont work remove them :)

here is the quote from andy this week on this matter

i have made our Softcam Manager very easy to add additional softcams, just place the executable file in /usr/softcams and place your required config files where need to go, then open the Softcam manager and it should detect the new cams, if you get one working that is not our list post a zip of it and i'll add it to the feeds.

Andy.

pooface
14-12-10, 00:27
I absolutly agree , alarge choice of cams is a good thing

As irishchris says. Plus, the number of cams in the feeds has increased greatly since this post was first started...

Please check feeds on current images, and see if there is a camm not added there that you would like to see added...

Sent by my phone

cld1354
16-12-10, 12:23
Only the cams that available to download will work with the image's softcam.

I
mmm...:confused: I have some problems with cams and my subscription card:
with oscam ( 0.99 or 1.00 ), after a while the vu hangs ( spinner rolling ) and I have to reboot.
With scam 3.59, the vu randomly freeze for about ten seconds and then resumes.
This is not happen with vti or bh, same cams and same config files.

andyblac
16-12-10, 12:40
mmm...:confused: I have some problems with cams and my subscription card:
with oscam ( 0.99 or 1.00 ), after a while the vu hangs ( spinner rolling ) and I have to reboot.
With scam 3.59, the vu randomly freeze for about ten seconds and then resumes.
This is not happen with vti or bh, same cams and same config files.

with the coming pdate there is an option create debug logs, even without a crash, you could then send us them for us to see what going on, not long now :)