PDA

View Full Version : Softcam Setup in VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image - 05/09/2010 Causes Vu+ to crash

unisat
10-09-10, 13:57
Hi,

I have installed VIX image in Meoboot (usb stick). In flash I have AAF Hot Summer Night V 2. Both images are OE 1.6.

I downloaded CCcam 2.1.1.4 via download manager and installed successfully. When I go to select and activate CCCam 2.1.14

I go to menu> setup>Softcam/CI> Softcam setup -- When I click it i.e Softcam setup I have a GREEN Screen.

I have the enigma2_crash_946685894.log but its too long

Help please

unisat
10-09-10, 14:14
I discovered that this is a "Skin" issue.

The only skin which does not cause the image to crash is VUplus HD. All the others causes Sofcam setup to crash the system.

The problem of VU plus HD skin is that only half of the menu width in the left side of the screen appear.

Is there a solution to this please as the" default Skin" is very good had it not been for crashing the system.

Sicilian
10-09-10, 14:42
The problem probably lies with your multiboot. The only covers half of the width of screen.

unisat
10-09-10, 15:09
The problem probably lies with your multiboot. The only covers half of the width of screen.

multiboot is working fine. Other images do not have similar problem.

Sicilian
10-09-10, 15:12
I cannot not replicate your issue in my non multiboot system. Multiboot can cause issues.

satmanbasil
10-09-10, 15:41
Hi,

I have installed VIX image in Meoboot (usb stick). In flash I have AAF Hot Summer Night V 2. Both images are OE 1.6.

I downloaded CCcam 2.1.1.4 via download manager and installed successfully. When I go to select and activate CCCam 2.1.14

I go to menu> setup>Softcam/CI> Softcam setup -- When I click it i.e Softcam setup I have a GREEN Screen.

I have the enigma2_crash_946685894.log but its too long

Help please

Hi mate

I would be interested to know how you got meoboot to work with later images when i tryed this with any image later than VTi 1.0 it would never config onto a usb stick also when i tryed to use later images with VTi 1.0 on flash the newer images never loaded due to newer drivers i guess, so im undecided if to go alone with a single image like vix when all the bugs have been kicked out or keep with my ageing meoboot system with vu support open pli and hdfreaks onboard

regards
satmanbasil

yngvekl
11-09-10, 07:49
I discovered that this is a "Skin" issue.
The only skin which does not cause the image to crash is VUplus HD. All the others causes Sofcam setup to crash the system.
The problem of VU plus HD skin is that only half of the menu width in the left side of the screen appear.
Is there a solution to this please as the" default Skin" is very good had it not been for crashing the system.

I've had just the same issue. No multiboot on my system. Confirmed skin issue in another thread. Only Vu_HD_plus is currently working.

/Yngve

unisat
11-09-10, 10:11
Hi mate

I would be interested to know how you got meoboot to work with later images when i tryed this with any image later than VTi 1.0 it would never config onto a usb stick also when i tryed to use later images with VTi 1.0 on flash the newer images never loaded due to newer drivers i guess, so im undecided if to go alone with a single image like vix when all the bugs have been kicked out or keep with my ageing meoboot system with vu support open pli and hdfreaks onboard

regards
satmanbasil

Hi satmanbasil,

I got meoboot using Barry Allen to work smoothly as follows:

1/ in flash (internal Flash) install AAF_HOT_SUMMER_V2_final version Usb. in the usual manner using the front usb port.
2/ once installed. Switch off Vu+from back using the power button.
3/ Get a usb stick and format it using the hp format utiliy to FAT 32.
4/ While Vu+ is still switched off, insert the formatted usb stick in the lowest usb port in the back of your Vu+.
5/ Power on Vu+ using again the power button in the back of Vu+.
6/ After a while the AAF_HOT_SUMMER_V2 will appear on your screen.
7/ Go to to Add on Manager and under plugins install Barry Allen Version 5.1.15.
8/ After completion of installation of Barry Allen, Use dcc296 and go to /media/hdd/MB_Images
this is in case you donot have neither an internal nor external Hardrive disks. If you have any one of them then Go to /media/USB/MB_Images.
9/ Once in in MB_Images , Ftp your meoboot image to MB_Images and give it a CHMOD 755.

10/ Now go to Vu+ > plugins> Barry Allen click it and a screen will appear go to

(Wizard for images at / MB_Images click it and a screen will appear, Choose
( Extract nfi image from /MB_Images, Click it another screen appears , Here you will select the image which you transferred to MB_Images. Choose the image and Rename it as you want and the press OK.

the process of extraction or installing will start. Upon completion you will see the screen of the Flash image.

11/ Now go to plugins > Barry Allen click it> Choose (Wizrd For installed images) click it> Choose (Select installed image for booting ) click it and select your Meoboot image and press OK.

12/ Vu+ will reboot automatically and after several minutes your Meoboot image will appear on screen.
You can repeat the same procedure to install as many images as you like provided all images are compatabilwith the Flash image,. In this case all images should be the new versions of VTi 2/Gigant 2 etc. They all must have OE 1.6 otherwise the system wont work.

Important Notice: Open Pli images do not work with this system because of O.E compatibility issues.

Please keep me posted .

Regards

Past2Present
11-09-10, 10:37
So this means you`re using b.a for multiboot and not meoboot

unisat
11-09-10, 10:38
So this means you`re using b.a for multiboot and not meoboot

Yes that is correct.