PDA

View Full Version : catch up service on s*y

zenith
12-10-12, 14:56
am i right in thinking that this new catch up service of bbci player,itv,40d(next year)and five through s*y will be available too.
correct me if i am wrong anybody please?

Larry-G
12-10-12, 15:03
no i very much doubt you will be able to access those services on any thing but a official sky receiver.

pooface
12-10-12, 15:30
no i very much doubt you will be able to access those services on any thing but a official sky receiver.

As Phoenix said, think of those catch up services like a plugin to the enigma2 boxes. If someone creates a plugin that will allow us to view those, then great, but until it comes, we cannot use them on our boxes...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dfdream
12-10-12, 15:48
Unfortunately plugins generally tend to appear that are general to all areas.
Plugins specific to the UK are rare so as iPlayer is only for one country its harder to get a wider community into developing something.
Im in Ireland so I have even less faith in having RTE Player etc on these types of platforms...

The easiest way in the near future for bbci player,itv,40d etc would be to look at Rasberry Pi with android on it or a similar sub £50 android media player thingy. It would also mean you could play angry birds too....

As Phoenix said, think of those catch up services like a plugin to the enigma2 boxes. If someone creates a plugin that will allow us to view those, then great, but until it comes, we cannot use them on our boxes...